Movies you've seen lately.

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Boytown...I didn't hate the ending.I just didn't love it.

Overall,it's what you'd expect from Mick Malloy and co.

7 songs of questionable sexuality out of 10
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Little Miss Sunshine

Enough has been said in this thread about it that I agree with. Really just a charming movie.

7/10
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

A Scanner Darkly

I don't know why they bothered cell shading this movie for a start.The only real reson I can think of is the constantly changing "joe everyman" scramble suit that the operatives wear.Other than that,it's basically a movie like any other except that it's cell shaded.It does look impressive but not so impressive that you can actually see the reasoning behind it.Hair really bothered me in this movie.I constantly found myself having to flick the movie back on a lot of scenes and rewatch them due to me being disracted by the unnaturalness of everyone's hair and it's movement.It's almost as if everyone's hair behaves as a seperate entity.It moves indoors in slow creeping waves that just took my attention off the dialogue too many times.And you really need to keep a very close ear on the dialogue for this movie.

As for the plot or story or hard to follow sequence of events that passes for the story,there's enough stuff going on to keep you watching but I wouldn't say there's one "wow" moment in it.Quite frankly,I only vaguely "get it" and even then I'm probably miles from the mark.

Before I finish can I say that as always,Keanu sucks.Almost no role suits this dude.I just don't get it.I've never been able to believe him in anything outside of Bill and Ted and possibly Parenthood in which he plays himself quite honestly in both roles.

The rest of the cast are fine and both Woody Harrelson and Robert Downey Jnr are the stand outs.Rory Cochrane bordered on being a stereotype of someone totally fucked up on drugs in my opinion.I also think the cellshading somewhat detracted from his performance in particular moreso than anyone else in the cast...whereas it makes Winona Ryder look half decent.

It's a mixed bag and yet the circle jerkers are going to lap this shit up calling it art and superb story telling and all that type of shit.

It's ok though.Certainly worth a watch.

7 I'm not watching it again to understand it out of 10
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

The Departed.

good, but not that good. I'm a huge fan of Infernal Affairs and they did that movie spot on. Script was pretty much the same, Jack Nicholson did an excellent job. I didnt feel that connected to leonardo's character ( as i did to Tony leung's character ) and it felt like his character was a bit rushed, there wasnt enough build up to get to know leonardo a bit better. In the end it just felt like an americanised version of a excellent Hong Kong movie..... If i was going to recommend Infernal Affairs or The Departed?, Infernal Affairs hands down.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

LIFE OF BRIAN

I couldn't say exactly how many times I've seen this movie.

There are few comedies that can live forever,as timeless and perfect as the year they were released.I can only count two....being this,The Life Of Brian and of course Blazing Saddles.

10 Blessed are the Big Noses out of 10
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Borat Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

I haven't seen this yet,but the preview is pissfunny and I'm on the hunt now.

One of the best names for a movie ever.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

YES SHIT I WANT I WANT
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Spoonfan
On an endless search for Sailors ...
On an endless search for Sailors ...
XBL ID: Segahead
PSN ID: Segahead
Steam ID: neonfrog83

Post by Spoonfan »

I wish I'd gone to the MySpace Black Carpet screening in Sydney last month. If I'd known the wide release was so far away I wouldn't have missed it. :(

This is my most anticipated movie in ages... I already can't wait for the Bruno movie.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

I couldent get into his Bruno character, not as innocent and funny as borat. Taking the piss out of the model world isnt that hard
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

like zoo lander?
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

Underworld & Underworld Evolution.

I thought they were both great! Kate Beckinsale looks so hot as a vampire.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

GreyWizzard wrote:like zoo lander?
No a crude homosexual stereotype that's really more confronting than funny.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I love Clint Eastwood. I love war films. Thus I am seeing Flags Of Our Fathers tomorrow.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Saw III - watched this last night and throught it was a decent enough sequel. Its more of the same from the first two movies and its quite gruesome, I'm really surprised it got away with only an MA rating. Id give it 6.5 minced up pig carcasses out of 10.

Note to Cletus - you'll be pleased to know there is no repeat of the pit of syringes from Saw II.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

I read in the paper that in England, people were fainting in the cinema due to how gruesome some of the scenes are in Saw III. I'll check it out on dvd for sure. I'll definately go and see Jackass 2 sunday week when i have a hangover :up:
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Saw III

I loved the first movie. The second one felt kind've tacked on. This one feels like a mix between the two. The 'twist' can be seen some time before it actually happens and isn't as clever as the first movies'. It gets points for gruesomeness.

I give Saw III 6.5 'rotate the locking cylinder's counter-clockwise' moments out of 10.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Watched jackass 2 on thursday night, its actually better than the first. There's one bit where they play a joke on a fellow member. They get him to play a terrorist by dressing up and catch a taxi, while telling the driver that he's going to blow up a plane. The drivers in on the whole thing and retaliates by beating the shit out of him and threatening to kill him, he totally shits himself.

One other thing they did while getting him to dress up was have a beard. Well they used all of their own pubic hair without him knowing, and you should of seen him picking the pubes out of his mouth......i just about pissed myself!

Can't wait for jackass 3!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The dude vomits shortly after finding out arse hair is glued to his face. :lol:

I think Jackass3 will be the death of Johnny Knoxville.

I was in hysterics over the fist through the note on the wall gag.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Juzbuffa wrote: Note to Cletus - you'll be pleased to know there is no repeat of the pit of syringes from Saw II.
I just couldn't sit through another syringe scene..
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Yeah but what about when chris pontius drank that horse cum...i actually had a bit of a spew.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

:lol: :lol:
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

what happened to spoiler alerts people??!!!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Flags Of Our Fathers was decent, but that's about it. Some spectacular war scenes, but nothing that hasn't really been done before and the bar was set very high by Saving Private Ryan.

It doesn't really feel like an Eastwood movie as it's hard to connect emotionally with the characters, save for the Indian fella who really was top class. Poor bloke got shat on the entire movie. But the movie feels disjointed in many parts, as well as brilliant, admittedly. The narrative is poorly told, to the point of confusing.

I'd like to think that Letters From Iwo Jima will complete the full story and make Flags seem better, but as a standalone movie it's far from Eastwood's best. 6 eviscerated bodies out of 10.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

After seeing the trailer, I can't wait to see Borat's bloody long named movie. Apparently an absolute pisser, primary indications are that it will come close to breaking the U.S. box office record for movies debuting on under 1,000 screens. Apparently, it wasn't tracking well so Fox cut it back from 2,200 screens to 800. Stupid move in hindsight. Comes out 23rd of November here.
amba
Nice beaver!
Nice beaver!

Post by amba »

Saw Crank.

You have to leave your brains in at the door for this one... definitely mindless entertainment. Nothing wrong with that though. Best way to describe it is if you loved the Transporter movies but wished they had more drug use, swearing and sex scenes, you'll love this. Otherwise leave it.

6/10
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/amba][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/amba.png[/img][/url]