Games Ranch health and fitness discussion

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Well after a week or two of being sick with the flu, and having lots of stuff on, I'm back to exercising regularly. It's good, I feel better for it, and thankfully my weight didn't go up whilst I was unwell.

I've broken the 100kg mark and I'm now down to 98KG's :D My weight still fluctuates a bit, but I think that may just be how much water I've been drinking on any given day, as sometimes I've seen my weight go back up to 100kg and then back down to 98kg the next day.

Anyhow I'm stoked, I'm still a little way off of getting down to around the 80-90KG range that I'd like to be at, but I've lost about 22kg's total since I started trying to lose weight, and I think that clocks in at me having lost about 18/19% of my prior body weight so it's not too bad an effort imo!

I still indulge a little in take out food every so often though, but I make sure that I work it off afterwards, or that it's something high in protein, or not as bad as for as what I would normally eat. Other than that though it's pretty much been eliminated from my diet which I'm happy iwth.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Keep doing what you're doing and it's inevitable. A slow, methodical, unavoidable process. A good one, at that.

As for me, I weighed in after my session tonight at 113.7KG. Bodyfat percentage continues to slide down, lean mass continues to be added to target areas (shoulders, upper back, lats, chest). I am pleased, and I owe a good slice of my recent progress to the Creatine, which I cycle off this coming Wednesday. I believe I've achieved more in the last month than any four-week period in my life as far as the training goes.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

Candy Arse wrote:I believe 5'10 is average male Aussie height. 5'8 for a bloke is fairly short.
Boo!

I'm about 65kg's, was working out regularly but have dropped off in the past six months or so due to work / school messing around with my schedules. Poor excuse, yes...

Surprisingly, have held my form pretty well, it helps that I have a fast metabolism and have been eating healthier but I am quite shocked that overall, my upper body especially is still nicely toned.

Getting back into it once I finish exams next week!
Arthas

Post by Arthas »

Well I have gained about 10kg. I am probably about 5'11" and weighed around 72-74kg but this year I've gained about 10kg. I weighed myself last night and I was just below 85kg. Physically I guess I look like I have filled out abit more so this summer I am going to hit the gym hard, get on some creatine and as Arnold puts it, sculpt my body.

I still have good definition in my arms, legs and back but my chest and gut are a bit pudgy heheh. Can still see a bit of 6 pack but not enough to woo the ladies :lol:. I am a naturally veiny person as well which makes me look more cut than what I really am. I've got some good size and weight to work with now as I felt I was lacking at sub 75kg, slower to gain size. I didn't take any weight gainers, I've just been eating alot more and doing less gym...been doing more sport actually but I guess im getting a bit older now so the weight is a bit easier to put on.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Clocked in at 113 on Friday night. Currently off the creatine for a few weeks. Still feel quite good in the weights room, poleaxed my shoulders tonight. The cannonball delts are in effect and improving. I'm pleased with the bodyfat reduction as my six-pack is really starting to come through and I can see the muscle fibers in my arms, chest and shoulders really tense and contract during hard movements. The veins are popping out down my arms.

Diet continues to be rock solid.

This...is awesome. :twisted:
crazyninza

Post by crazyninza »

I eat too much crap and drink too much coffee/coke. I am 176cm tall and 91kg. I used to train a lot but have let myself go in the last 5yrs. I would like to improve my diet, and switch to cordial and/or juice. I am currently going for 2km walks in the evening and have a goal of 4km jog per day. I would also like to get a bag to do 3x5min rounds on and get back into weights. My gut is getting a bit big.

Probably getting the bag today, I have the perfect place to hang it in my back yard.
I sneaked on you.
Jub-Jub
Annoying high-res logo
Annoying high-res logo

Post by Jub-Jub »

crazyninza wrote:I eat too much crap and drink too much coffee/coke. I am 176cm tall and 91kg. I used to train a lot but have let myself go in the last 5yrs. I would like to improve my diet, and switch to cordial and/or juice. I am currently going for 2km walks in the evening and have a goal of 4km jog per day. I would also like to get a bag to do 3x5min rounds on and get back into weights. My gut is getting a bit big.

Probably getting the bag today, I have the perfect place to hang it in my back yard.
For ages I wanted to get a punching bag, but then theres the problem of where to hang it... Decided to put it off because I'm moving soon, maybe there will be a good spot in the new place. Or maybe i'll have to get a punching bag stand I dunno.
Jub-Jub has spoken.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

My best friend just gave me a massive kick in the pants and showed me a picture of myself from when I was slim and healthy. Fuck me... I'm buying myself an exercise bike to start some cardio.

Seriously, this is it, I am going to start exercising and doing something to start losing all the excess weight I have gained from years of depression.

You've all read it, and if I don't do something about it you are all welcome to call me a fat cunt.

Currently 80kg. Which is large for my size and frame. Going to get myself under 70kg, target weight is 65kg.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

If you don't do something about it I'd much rather call you a lazy, unmotivated slob.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

that's fine with me.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

my muscles are probably the biggest out of everyones in this thread..
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

especially Jub-Jub and Mx's.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'd say you're an early contender in the featherweight division.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

bring it!
Jub-Jub
Annoying high-res logo
Annoying high-res logo

Post by Jub-Jub »

I've come to the conclusion that gyms are for chix and fags.

Real men go for runs, and do exercises at home like pushups and chin ups. Maybe weights at home as well.

Word.
Jub-Jub has spoken.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I endorse the above statements.
crazyninza

Post by crazyninza »

Jub-Jub wrote:For ages I wanted to get a punching bag, but then theres the problem of where to hang it... Decided to put it off because I'm moving soon, maybe there will be a good spot in the new place. Or maybe i'll have to get a punching bag stand I dunno.
Maybe an old kiddy swing set frame is the go if there isn't anything else. Would probably find one cheaper than a proper stand anyway if you are on a budget.

Bought a 40lb Aerial bag in decent condition for $40 at a 2nd hand place yesterday. Got it up and after a light stretch and some pushups (only managed one set of 17 but didn't want to go too hard) had a very casual go at it for about half an hour.

Haven't had a coke for over 30hrs too. :)
I sneaked on you.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I need to confess.

Last night for my birthday I had a few drinks. And by a few I mean somewhere near around 20 in the space of 40 minutes. At one stage I put down 10 in 10 minutes thanks to the ability to have two bottles in my mouth at once.

Today I will repent by running my arse off at touch football and sweating this shit out of me.

The old days came back for one final reunion tour last night, and that's the end of it. Just about all of my friends have never seen me hit the booze since I quit a while ago so I gave them their pound of flesh plus a whole lot more.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

I think I'm 175-180cm(not sure) and I weigh bout 63kg. I can do 55-75 pushups (and like 300 situps) in a row and some weeks I go every day, some days doing 500+ within that day. I eat like absolute shit, dont do much aerobic excercize and I remain pretty toned all over. Anyway, how the fuck can I put on some more muscle mass? Aside from the usual major arm muscles(which I've pretty much got a hold of) I want some bigger fucken lats and traps. Seems no matter how much I eat/excercise I stay at 60-65kg.

Perhaps some time invested on some actual weights will do it? cuz as I said all I use is gravity i.e. pushups,situps. At one point I was doing chinups and could do 20 but I am way out of practise on that one and could prolly do 5-10 at best now.
ruslah

Post by ruslah »

If you're just doing shit around the house and not going to the gym, chin ups are by far the best for lats. Actually, they're the best for them even if you are going to the gym.

Be sure to change up the grip too. From what I've read and been told, an over hand grip is a lot better. They're so much harder to do too, which pretty much adds to that claim.

For traps, I do shrugs. You'll need to use pretty heavy weights to get any real effect though. I use up to 100lb dumbbells at the moment, so to buy something like that would be pretty damn expensive I'd say. You can always substitute with something else though. Maybe a crow bar with a couple of buckets on the end. Looks silly but it would do the job :)
Mum, the meatloaf... We want it now!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

You answered your own question. Join a gym, start lifting, eat food that contains good protein and you will promote growth.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

food suggestions?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Lean meat, skinless chicken breast, seafood if you like it, fruit, salad, assorted nuts, veggies.
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

I've invested in a heart rate monitor for training and can say that it really gives you good feed back regarding how far you are pushing yourself. Making sure you're not going too easy or too hard (providing there's not too much electrical interference)...

Anyways, I've been looking at my resting heart rate, both on the monitor and the old fashioned way and I've come up with around 53 bpm. I've been told that 60-70 is normal and that this is probably an indicator of good health. Just wondering what figure you guys come up with?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I don't have a heart rate monitor, but I'm totally relaxed right now (some would say bludging) and the old pulse check says somewhere around low 60s.

As for my progress, I'm up to 117 now which I'm fine with considering the gains are beef and not pork if you get my drift. Investing in the creatine was an inspired move I must say.