What's the most crap you've put up with from a boss?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

David Carney

What's the most crap you've put up with from a boss?

Post by David Carney »

What's the most crap you've put up with at a job?

I'm experiencing difficulties with a "bipolar maniac with asperger's disease" of a boss. I really want to chuck it in, but I'd be better off if I "played the game" for now. The situation is so bad that my only other co-worker had enough and just walked out.

What's the most anyone here has ever put up with before breaking point. Before the point where you blank out and the next thing you know your standing over your boss on the ground saying "I told you not to go there, I told you not to go there!".
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I was writing a response to this last night when my PC just decided to reset itself... it was a biggey too.

Basically I used to do in house and external tech support. Most people would kill for this job as it is just looking in PC's all day and doing very little. I didn't mind the inhouse so much, what drove me to the edge of insanity (some might say I did have a break down) was the external support. I worked in Nundah in Brisbane. Nearly everyday I would receive a whinging call from a client who I had to go out and do some piddling amount of work for. The big problem was where the clients were, none of them were a quick walk down the road, they all had to be in bloody redcliffe or Maroochydore. So nearly every day of my week was spent driving up the coast and back. To top it all off, my boss was a dick. He never thought he was, th thought he was cool and everyone loved him. But no... he was a dick. He was so self absorbed. All my friends and family could see that I should quit my job, I was so stressed out and I was taking nearly every second day off. But... like most people, I was too afraid to initiate change in my life.

The whole thing came to head on the release of the Gamecube. I had paid off the cube, and had made plans to go to the midnight launch have the next day off and have friends over. I had planned this like 2 months in advance. So anyway, it was the week of launch, I was feeling pretty down and looking forward to my day off. I was also feeling pretty sick, my body was taking a beating from always feeling so depressed. So, the launch was thusrday night friday morning. I felt sick wednesday arvo at work. I went home an hour early, and when I woke up on thursday I was vomitting everywhere. I called work and said I was sick, I could hear how annoyed my boss was. So I went to the launch got my console went home and played games. Woke up friday, friends were over, and we had control pads in our hands. My boss calls at around 9:30am asking where I was. I told him I was taking the day off I had planned for the last 2 months. He said it wasn't fair because I had the day off. I told him, I thought it was fair because I was sick and this was a day I had planned and I had people over and I am not very well going to turf them out of my house just because he doesn't think it is fair. He hung up, we all made 4 day weekend jokes.

Come monday, I get to work, my boss says to me "I've had enough" I walk out the front door. End of Job.

Seriously, if you aren't liking what you are doing get the heck out of there before it kills you.
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

My main issue with my old boss was that he made a jockey seem tall. He had major short man's syndrome, and it showed. He got me tho, got pushed before I could jump.
But, that made me come back to school, which I should have done WAY before then...
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Texas wrote:My main issue with my old boss was that he made a jockey seem tall. He had major short man's syndrome, and it showed. He got me tho, got pushed before I could jump.
But, that made me come back to school, which I should have done WAY before then...
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Having to be near a Collingwood supporter.
amba
Nice beaver!
Nice beaver!

Post by amba »

I was asked to spend a month helping implementing a system that was poorly chosen, poorly designed and poorly executed. It's 15 months later. This I can handle.

Teaching managers and supervisors essentially how to suck eggs and manage their staff while at the same time being on a lower wage than all of them? Bring it on.

No, the breaking point is that all of this was done for the HR department, whose idea of job delegation is to handball the middle man to someone that isn't them so they don't have to deal with people, whose idea of doing their job is to outsource their job functions to someone else, internal or external, whilst at the same time compaining that they need more resources because they need to attend courses all day long.

If I hear the phrases 'darls' or 'bods' again I am going to slice them up, put them in a hole, and make someone build housing commission flats on them.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/amba][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/amba.png[/img][/url]