what's wrong with this supplier?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

what's wrong with this supplier?

Post by selfish »

ok, i'm looking to buy a new HDD for my laptop, and i've found this place which seems to be pretty cheap - but should i steer clear from them for specifically that reason? that they appear too cheap? or should i just count myself lucky that i found it? seems slightly dodgey to me
Last edited by selfish on 03 Aug 2006 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Have you looked at Getright Computers yet? They have the same Samsung drives as the other mob you mentioned for only a couple bucks dearer. And theyre local in Adelaide. Ive dealt with them a few times before and theyve always been pretty good.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

oh brilliant
yeah i know the place, i usually avoid them and go to AT Computer World Centre (partly for the awesome name, and partly cause they actually try and help out - great customer service) - it's just down the road from getright. I didn't even think to check them! thanks for the heads up :up:
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

I just paid $183 for my 120gb Samsung HDD. MSY FTW! Only if you know someone in Melb./Syd. willing to pick it up though ;)
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Use http://www.staticice.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to find cheap computer gear. They've got a 120gb 2.5" HDD for $162 as the cheapest.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

"Conditions apply"
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

yeah i found that first place as the cheapest in adelaide with staticice, but i didn't wanna have to pay postage/get it broken in the post
kwijibo

Post by kwijibo »

Cheapest in Adelaide has gotta be http://www.hypernetdist.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - I dont think they post items though. gotta go in store
mech

Post by mech »

selfish wrote:yeah i found that first place as the cheapest in adelaide with staticice, but i didn't wanna have to pay postage/get it broken in the post
I was going to reply and say something about not worrying about stuff getting broken in the post, but then again, it is a hard disk. I would probably buy close to home as well, especially given as they're usually OEM and don't have proper packaging. CPU, vid card, ram, etc would all be fine though.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

oh yeah totally - HDDs are a different matter when it comes to breakages.