Do you hate Mel Gibson now?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Faraday

Do you hate Mel Gibson now?

Post by Faraday »

Just one of the many news reports on him:
AP - Mel Gibson has issued a lengthy statement apologising for his drunk driving arrest and saying he has battled alcoholism throughout his life.

Gibson also apologised for what he said were "despicable" statements he made to the deputies who arrested him early Friday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested," the actor said in a statement issued by his publicist.

"I disgraced myself and my family with my behaviour and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

Gibson said he was taking "necessary steps to ensure my return to health".

Publicist Alan Nierob declined to elaborate beyond the statement.

Gibson, 50, was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol after deputies stopped his 2006 Lexus LS430 for speeding. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said deputies clocked him doing 140 kph in a 72 kph (45 mph) zone.

A breath test indicated Gibson's blood-alcohol level was 0.12 per cent, Whitmore said. The legal limit in California is 0.08 per cent.

Gibson was booked at the Lost Hills sheriff's station, according to department records. The actor-director was cited and released about five hours later after posting $US5,000 ($A6,600) bail, Whitmore said.

"The investigation is ongoing," Whitmore said. "There was absolutely no favouritism shown to this suspect."

Whitmore also said the investigation will be thorough.

"Nothing will be sanitised," he said.

Gibson also apologised for what he called "my belligerent behaviour" when he was taken into custody.

"The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person," he said. "I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable."

Nierob and sheriff's officials declined to discuss what Gibson said.

Gibson won a best-director Oscar for 1995's Braveheart and had a 2004 religious blockbuster with The Passion of the Christ. He also starred in the Lethal Weapon and Mad Max films, What Women Want and The Man Without a Face, among other movies

What a dick. I think it will take him a long time to recover from this.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I don't hate him whatsoever. And I looooove that mugshot!
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Spoonfan
On an endless search for Sailors ...
XBL ID: Segahead
PSN ID: Segahead
Steam ID: neonfrog83

Post by Spoonfan »

He's still one of my favourites. :up:
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

Have they ever revealed what he actually said?
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

what's with the osama beard?
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Have always thought he was a dick since he let his dad go around denying the holocaust (and since I heard he was such a hardcore catholic).
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Mel fucking rocks!!!! :up:

One of my best mates is his nephew. Known them for years and have even lived with him and his family for a bit. I've met numerous members of the family and found them to be the nicest, down to earth people you can find and they are always ready to help somebody in need.
Mel is not a sheep like the rest of the fuckers in Hollywood and speaks his mind even though all the power brokers in Hollywood and the US are jewish.
By the way, there were photos released of Mel and some girls, the media ran with it as if he had a wild time with them and could possibly be cheating on is wife. These girls were fans that saw him in a restaurant and asked for a photo. He was nice enough to oblige and Mel still gets lambasted for not being a prick.

The comment he made was that "Jews have played a part in the start of all the wars"...
I dont condone the comment he made to a police officer with a jewish background, but i bet that many out there have thought something along similar lines with what has been happenign lately. How many of you have said your thoughts when drunk? (things you definately would not say whilst sober).
Mech: Have always thought he was a dick since he let his dad go around denying the holocaust (and since I heard he was such a hardcore catholic).
What do you men 'let' his father??!! He doesnt have control over what his father says (another great man, absolutely charging for his age) and his father has never denied the Holocaust. He has stated that he feels that the numbers have been greatly exaggerated.
His father is also a strong activist against the fucked up Bush Administration that is slowly taking away the worlds freedom.
About the 'hardcore' catholic thing... they are religous yes, but they dont hurt anyone, dont try and force thier faith on to anybody and they definately dont hate you because you choose not to believe what they do.
They believe in the Catholic Church before Pope John Paul. When the church did not mold itself for individuals. If you choose to believe in a certain faith, then you should be willing to adapt to it.

Anyhow, in regards to the comment about the war, look what is happening in the middle east right now, you cant tell me that the Jewish government is not involved. Lebanon and Gaza amongst many other events, and the US is right alongside them and will always be. What is taking place right now between the US and Israel is taking the world down the path heading for WWIII.

The Gibson family have helped me when i needed it and i didnt even ask and i will stick up for them as i know who they are personally. I would definately not believe everything coming from the media... (who many coincidently have jewish owners).
Last edited by AgOnNy on 04 Aug 2006 05:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonfan

Post by Spoonfan »

AgOnNy wrote:One of my best mates is his nephew
One of my mates is his nephew as well. :lol: :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Grimey wrote:Have they ever revealed what he actually said?
He's not a fan of jewish people! :lol:
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Spoonfan wrote:
Name?...... maybe his parents too.. there are a few of them around. :lol:
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Madmya wrote:I don't hate him whatsoever. And I looooove that mugshot!
Pardon the bad pun but it looks a bit more like a smugshot!
Spoonfan

Post by Spoonfan »

AgOnNy wrote:
Spoonfan wrote:
Name?...... maybe his parents too.. there are a few of them around. :lol:
Well yeah they do have a rather large clan. ;) My mate is the son of Mel's sister who lives up here in the Mountains.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Wow, I didn't realise you were such a nutjob AgOnNy. Oh well.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

It wasn't all bad...

http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/gibsons-a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -cover-up/
A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I don't think he said 'part in all the wars' Aggs, he said they were responsible for all the wars and problems of the world. I'm certain it was something to that extent.

That said, he was great in the Lethal Weapon movies and Signs. Otherwise, he's a complete fucking nutjob.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Jizzy McLobber wrote:what's with the osama beard?
Movie role. And it's closer to Saddam.
mech

Post by mech »

AgOnNy wrote:Mel fucking rocks!!!! :up:

One of my best mates is his nephew. Known them for years and have even lived with him and his family for a bit. I've met numerous members of the family and found them to be the nicest, down to earth people you can find and they are always ready to help somebody in need.
Mel is not a sheep like the rest of the fuckers in Hollywood and speaks his mind even though all the power brokers in Hollywood and the US are jewish.
By the way, there were photos released of Mel and some girls, the media ran with it as if he had a wild time with them and could possibly be cheating on is wife. These girls were fans that saw him in a restaurant and asked for a photo. He was nice enough to oblige and Mel still gets lambasted for not being a prick.

The comment he made was that "Jews have played a part in the start of all the wars"...
I dont condone the comment he made to a police officer with a jewish background, but i bet that many out there have thought something along similar lines with what has been happenign lately. How many of you have said your thoughts when drunk? (things you definately would not say whilst sober).
Mech: Have always thought he was a dick since he let his dad go around denying the holocaust (and since I heard he was such a hardcore catholic).
What do you men 'let' his father??!! He doesnt have control over what his father says (another great man, absolutely charging for his age) and his father has never denied the Holocaust. He has stated that he feels that the numbers have been greatly exaggerated.
His father is also a strong activist against the fucked up Bush Administration that is slowly taking away the worlds freedom.
About the 'hardcore' catholic thing... they are religous yes, but they dont hurt anyone, dont try and force thier faith on to anybody and they definately dont hate you because you choose not to believe what they do.
They believe in the Catholic Church before Pope John Paul. When the church did not mold itself for individuals. If you choose to believe in a certain faith, then you should be willing to adapt to it.

Anyhow, in regards to the comment about the war, look what is happening in the middle east right now, you cant tell me that the Jewish government is not involved. Lebanon and Gaza amongst many other events, and the US is right alongside them and will always be. What is taking place right now between the US and Israel is taking the world down the path heading for WWIII.

The Gibson family have helped me when i needed it and i didnt even ask and i will stick up for them as i know who they are personally. I would definately not believe everything coming from the media... (who many coincidently have jewish owners).
I knew someone would come back with that - I mean "let" in the sense that he didn't condemn his father's words. As for the rest of your spin on that - what he said was that the holocaust was mainly "fiction" - http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... mite_x.htm
According to a transcript released by the network, Hutton Gibson said, "It's all — maybe not all fiction — but most of it is," when asked about his views on the Holocaust.
So that's not denying the holocaust eh? Interesting.

Re: being a hardcore catholic - it's a fucked up religion (no condoms, wtf?) imo and I just don't have much respect for people who are so religious when the overwhelming weight of evidence points to organised religion being completely wrong, especially when their religion is causing problems (the no condoms thing is causing all sorts of issues with aids and pregnancies).
The police report says he said "Fucking Jews...the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Slight difference to how you're trying to spin it. It's a stupid statement no matter what. Anyone who thinks that is fucked in the head.

Do you really truly believe this is a media conspiracy by the jews against him? The bulk of the information is from the police report - but then I guess because the deputy charging him was jewish, that was a jewish conspiracy too.

Here's a transcript of the police report:
Gibson performed the above sobriety test with the above results. Gibson also completed a preliminary alcohol screening test with result of .12% B.A.C. (see attached).

I then formed the opinion Gibson was intoxicated and had been driving (unreadable) of 23152 (unreadable), drunk driving.

Gibson was cooperative with the field investigation. His conduct began to change when I advised him he was being detained/arrested for drunk driving. Gibson became increasingly belligerent as he took stock of his predicament. Gibson angrily stated "Everything's (profanity redacted)," "My life is (profanity redacted)." Gibson became fixated on his notoriety and concern that this incident was going to be publicized.

In order to calm Gibson's concerns, I directed Gibson to the back seat of the patrol car, telling him, if he remained cooperative I would transport him without handcuffing. Gibson quickly turned and bolted toward his own vehicle, as he said, "I'm not going to get into your car." Gibson attempted to escape arrest.

I chased after Gibson, catching up as he reached the driver's side of his vehicle. I (unreadable) onto Gibson's (unreadable) from his back side with my hands and turned him a quarter turn so he was facing his vehicle's left side. Gibson offered no resistance. I placed Gibson's hands behind his back and handcuffed him without…

Page 6 of 8 (Facsimile distorted)

Gibson's belligerent attitude (unreadable). Gibson (unreadable) out profanities (unreadable), calling me, "You mother (profanity redacted)." Gibson repeatedly threatened me, saying, "I'm going to (profanity redacted) you. You're going to regret you ever did this to me."

While en route to Lost Hills Sheriff's (unreadable), Gibson's conduct remained (unreadable). Gibson almost continually threatened me, saying he "owns Malibu" and will spend all his money to "get even" with me. Gibson blurted out a barrage of anti-Semitic remarks about "(profanity redacted) Jews." Gibson yelled out, "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked, "Are you a Jew?"

Gibson's conduct concerned and frightened me to a point, I called ahead to the station requesting a sergeant meet the arrival of my patrol car in the station parking lot. Sgt. T. Palmer, #264317 and Sgt. J. Benning, #292797 met with me as I had requested. I briefed them about Gibson's conduct before directing him out of the patrol car. Sgt. Palmer began videotaping Gibson….

Page 7 of 8

to capture any continued belligerent conduct… Sgt. Palmer tape-recorded the chemical test, breath test Gibson performed (unreadable) the booking that followed. Gibson displayed continued belligerent conduct and mood swings, in which he cooperated by completing the breath test, but refused to provide booking information or sign any document.

I stored Gibson's vehicle prior to transporting him to the station…. While conducting an inventory search of Gibson's vehicle, I found, EV-1, a 750 ml bottle labeled, "Cazadores Tequila," that was approx. ¾ full of liquid contents, concealed in a brown paper bag, on the right rear floor guard of the vehicle. EV-1 placement in the vehicle was within easy reach of Gibson while he had been driving. Gibson merely had to reach over the front center console separating the two front bucket seats.

I advised Gibson (unreadable) EV-1. Gibson asked, "Was it in a brown paper bag?" When I answered, "Yes," Gibson quickly replied, "It's not mine." I determined Gibson was driving a vehicle in possession of an open container of (unreadable)….

Page 8 of 8

beverage in violation of 23202(A).

Gibson was booked on the indicated charges with the approval of Watch Sgt. Benning and Watch Sgt. (unreadable), # 213438.

I tape-recorded the field investigation. I did not place the tape into evidence because it also contains (unreadable) of other traffic (unreadable) and may be evidentiary in those instances.
Yeah, sounds like a great guy! It's missing bits unfortunately - like where he calls one of the female officers "sugar tits".
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

I'm jewish, we've taken down Mel and all the pawns are now in place to take down Agony and his paranoid wankstain family. He knows too much. :secret:
mech

Post by mech »

:lol:
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

This is just crap, leave the man alone ffs...christ i have a few mates that got done for dui, i don't look at them any different!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I couldn't give a shit about the guy's political views. He's never playing himself in any of his films anyway.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

They do use condoms.... but umm... yeah.. i think my mate just forgot to use one recently...... :run:
mech

Post by mech »

AgOnNy wrote:They do use condoms.... but umm... yeah.. i think my mate just forgot to use one recently...... :run:
That's it...?

http://www.catholic.com/library/Birth_Control.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In 1968, Pope Paul VI issued his landmark encyclical letter Humanae Vitae (Latin, "Human Life"), which reemphasized the Church’s constant teaching that it is always intrinsically wrong to use contraception to prevent new human beings from coming into existence.
Keep trying Agonny :roll:

Ministry: first off, anyone who gets done for DUI is a fucking idiot, a friend of my housemate's wrapped himself around a pole at Christmas, think about his family and friends and how they felt, thank fuck he didn't kill anyone, he died in the ICU a few weeks later.

Second off, it's not just the DUI he's getting done over for, are you daft?
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Yeah thats it, im over it now. Keep researching though, it makes a great read. :P