GET EXCITED - World Cup 2018, now with even more corruption!

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

LFC fanatic/Chelski hater here boys. Can I contribute???
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Absolutely!!! All Chelski hat0rs are welcome!!

Liverpool has an awesome coach in Benitez as well ... HEAPS better than Houllier.

Yeah Man U should have some serious cash to work with if we offload Ruud and Ronaldo.
Texas

Post by Texas »

Madchester should keep Ruud and f**k off Ronaldo. RvN and Rooney up front... mmmmm. Ronaldo is acting like a spoilt little cock. And if Barca gets him, and not Lucas Neil, I will burn my Barca Messi shirt.
And yeah Cardsy, Raffa the Gaffa is a breath of fresh air compared to Houllier. If he gets the Australian Managers job I will be very upset.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Texas

Post by Texas »

A copy of Beck's retirement speech:
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/156/beckham8pf.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gr8ness

DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Great to have you aboard Texas...

Liverpool are one of the two or three teams that could challenge Chelsea for the title. They play relatively early in the season, so if Liverpool could grab a win there it would be great.

They have an excellent squad, but have been lacking a goal scoring forward. With the addition of Craig Bellamy for a bargain price they have added a new dimension - speed. Carragher is very strong at the back, as is Hyppia (although Hyps is a little on the slow side). Gerrard is of course a legendary player (though he is a filthy diver, and has to be the nerdiest looking soccer player in the hostory of the sport). Hopefully Kewell gets over these chronic injuries, and continues to play an important role for the reds.

I think Benitez should have given Cisse more of a chance there. He's an unlikeable person (Cisse) but has a lot to offer on the field and it still young.
Texas

Post by Texas »

Good points made BigK, but the main whisper I am hearing about Cisse is that we don't want to risk another broken leg, and there are doubts as to how good he will be when he comes back(again). Bellamy is a nice pick-up (am thinking of getting his shirt.) And every Reds supporter is hoping that this is the year that Harry finally plays like we all know he can.
NO BAD WORDS ABOUT STEVIE G, THANKYOU! :)
Gr8ness

DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Stevie G is a great player.. though if required I could find you some links to some of his great dives. Plus he lost plenty of credability with me when he tried to choke Alan Shearer in December last year after Bowyer made a bad challenge (where Crouch the moron ran in from nowhere and shoved Bowyer from behind - great work Crouch - he was damn lucky to escape with only a yellow from that!).

Cisse was on the outer with Liverpool well before he busted his leg for France. Bellamy is injury plagued himself, and may struggle to fit in, so I'd wit a while before sprigging for a Liverpool Bellamy shirt!!
Texas

Post by Texas »

Let's not even talk about Crouchy... And was only half-serious abou the Bellamy strip. Stevie G in the new adidas +10 red strip, thankyouverymuch. I think he will be the next Ing-er-land skipper.
What about A-League? Any interest there? I should pick a team to follow, seeing as we don't have one down here...
Gr8ness

DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

I'm not opposed to the A-League. In its fledgling season I couldn't decide who I wanted to go for.. being in Sydney you would think it would be a logical decision, however I just didn;t have any connection to Sydney FC.

Now that Stan has come back to play for the Perth Glory it is Perth Perth Perth all the way!

Stan Stan he's our man, if he can't do it, no-one can!
Texas

Post by Texas »

Thats the thing here too- I just don't have any connection to any of the clubs.
Gr8ness

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Glory all the way.

No owner
No coach

But we'll still have a more successful season than Freo in the AFL :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Melbourne Victory ... we have three new brasilians starting this season!!!!

And I don't think Gerrard will be the next England captain, my pick is John Terry, the oldest looking 25 year old in the world.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Yeah John Terry looks surprisingly old considering his age. He is a damn good player though. Even if Yakubu made a mockery of him several times in the one game.

Glory to Perth! Glory to Stan!

Sydney will be my second team, due to the whole being born and living in Sydney thing.

Melbourne will be my last team :P
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Manchester United have come out and said that they won't be selling Cristiano Ronaldo. They have confirmed that there is no intention or chance of Ronaldo being sold.

So that's good news for Manchester, and for the Premier League IMO. Rooney and Ronaldo will sort their differences out.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Awright!! You're better than an RSS newsfeed DjBigK ... don't have to trawl sites for news. :up:

Looks like Juventus are selling 7 of their big name stars in preparation for their descent into Serie B as well ... so Viera, Zambrotta etc will all be looking for new clubs.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Yeah, I got a bit slack today, didn't collate all the news like the previous couple of days! ...

Hehe..

Great news for Newcastle if there is a mass exodus from the Italian clubs dropping down, as Newcastle will be in the market for a couple of strikers, a utility midfielder, and a centre back after their Intertoto matches in the coming weeks.

Manchester should make a move for Vieira! He is just the type of player they need. Maybe Arsenal will try to get him back, as they haven't been able to replace him.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

The Huth deal with Middlesbrough ihas fallen through due to an injury problem found during medicals (ankle). It is expected that Huth will now stay with Chelsea.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Apparently Real Madrid have knocked back a 45 Mill euro offer (rumoured to be from Man U) for Iker Casillas ... Real said he's worth more than that!!!

He is a class goalie though and still so fucking young.
Texas

Post by Texas »

Casillas is the best young goalie in the world IMHO. But is he worth 45 mil+??? Damn.....
Gr8ness

DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Van Der Sar will be around for a while yet. Don't know why they would offer such a large anount of cash for a keeper, when they could try to pick up a promising young player to deputise in the 2 or 3 years that Van Der Sar has left. Much better IMO throwing money like that at Vieira, or the Lyon central midfielder that looks and plays likie Vieira.

So glad that Newcastle has Shay Given.. he's an awesome keeper, and has had consistently good form for a number of years now.
Texas

Post by Texas »

Likewise here with Liverpool's 2 kepers, Pepe and Dudek have both proven their worth.
BigK, do you think that Newky will pick up anthing in the Great Italian Relegation Fire Sale?
Gr8ness

Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Surely Arsenal will try and get Viera back?
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Yeah I would think that Arsenal will move for Vieira if given the chance. He left the club on good terms, which will hold them in good stead if he decides to come back. Plus he'll be back playing with Henry who he just played with in Germany.

To be Honest I don't think Newcastle will pick up anyone in the Red Hot Pizza sale... most of the Itals will go to other Ital clubs, or failing that will move to Spanish sides. In the end a couple may come to the Premierleague, but they'll most likely be to the big four - Arsenal, Manchested United, Chel$ea and Liverpool, and they'll most likely be non-Italian nationality players. If Newcastle did pick someone up I'd like it to be an experienced centre back, seeing as that is where the Italians excel. Cannavaro would be perfect, but they have bucklies chance of getting him!
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Yep Real's got Cannavaro's number and the cash to pay for him, he's apparently one step away from signing (if he hasn't already). They desperately need a class defender or two. The fact that Juve's coach will be at Real also makes it easier.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Makes sense.. he's a class act Cannavaro, even though he is still prone to the odd Italian dive.