Yasmin's Getting AXED (All New Futurama Is Back! !)

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Rocco

Yasmin's Getting AXED (All New Futurama Is Back! !)

Post by Rocco »

Suprise, Suprise :lol:. Channel 10 have immediately ceased production of the trainwreck of a show.

Yasmin = :fight
Network Ten today announced it had ceased production on the new program, Yasmin's Getting Married.

TEN's chief programming officer, David Mott, said: "TEN has a reputation for taking risks with new formats, as evidenced by our success with The Biggest Loser, Thank God You're Here and The Wedge - to name just three hits we've launched this year.

"While we all had very high hopes for Yasmin's Getting Married, it is clear at this early stage that our audience has not embraced this bold new initiative.

"We have therefore elected to cease production on the Screentime-produced reality program and move on.

"I particularly wish to thank Jo Stanley and TEN's own Ryan Phelan, who were real standouts in this series.

"I would also like to thank Yasmin for putting herself 'out there' to this type of program.

"Yasmin was searching for her life partner before this show came along and she will continue her quest regardless - although now with many more options!

“Network Ten and Screentime will support her through this process and will make sure her wedding day, whenever that happy event takes place, will be a special day indeed."
Consistent with TEN's strategy to offer alternative programming to its rivals, the hit series, Futurama, will go into TEN's 7pm line up from tomorrow (Monday 7 August) while TEN evaluates longer term options for the timeslot.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

AKA no-one voted in any of the polls. Now, why doesn't this happen to The Wedge?
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

The Biggest Loser and The Wedge are new formats?
Spoonfan
On an endless search for Sailors ...
On an endless search for Sailors ...
XBL ID: Segahead
PSN ID: Segahead
Steam ID: neonfrog83

Post by Spoonfan »

All new Futurama? New to Ch 10 maybe.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Yasmin herself was quite the bitch actually. There was absolutely nothing sincere or likeable about her, yet viewers are supposed to pay 55 cents a call to vote who she should go on a date with, every week for the next 2 or 3 months until she finally gets married.

:down:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

yeah they say new to channel 10 in the ad
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Any Futurama is good Futurama
asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

The Wedge isn't horrible. It's better than having yet another garbage reality show. Sure it's crap, but 90% of the stuff on TV is. I usually watch less than an hour of what's broadcast on TV here per week.

What I'd like to see is some locally made (proper, not ABC Kids type) science fiction, not yet another boring farm/cop/neighbourhood drama. And have them broadcast it earlier than 11pm and not randomly cancel episodes for no apparent reason.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

asmodeus wrote:The Wedge isn't horrible. [...] Sure it's crap [...]
Ummm right. :P
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
suffa in ya jocks, yasmin....(yasmin? what kinda names is that, seriously?)
now all they need to do is cann the wedge, honey we're killing the kids, stop idol before it begins......oh shit! it started last night, fuck! and dont even think about returning to big brother

but yay for futurama!!!! :up: !!
Ten's idea of "all new episodes" means ones that have never been seen on their network. years ago 7 aired the first few seasons at like 11:30 at night
AND!!! 26 BRAND NEW eps have been recorded so far....to go into animation round the end of the year and due for release next year? not sure whether to TV or straight to DVD

Welcome to the world of tomorrow!
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

mech wrote:
asmodeus wrote:The Wedge isn't horrible. [...] Sure it's crap [...]
Ummm right. :P
It's absolute garbage.Do we have any decent Australian sketch shows any more? They used to rock....
mech

Post by mech »

Yah I know it's garbage, asmodeus seems confused as to which it is though :D

I actually quite liked bits of Skithouse (particularly any tripod sketches) and The Chaser's War On Everything is fantastic (and free as a video podcast if you miss it on fridays).
asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

mech wrote:Yah I know it's garbage, asmodeus seems confused as to which it is though :D
I was attempting to differentiate between different levels of bad TV, but I guess I've failed. :( I meant it's not good, but I wouldn't put it on the level of something like Yasmin.
mech wrote:I actually quite liked bits of Skithouse (particularly any tripod sketches) and The Chaser's War On Everything is fantastic (and free as a video podcast if you miss it on fridays).
I didn't know about the free video podcast of War on Everything though - most weeks I forget about it.

I've recently been getting into watching a few video podcasts - Democracy Player is free and seems to be very good, but I haven't played around with it too much yet. It seems to be better than iTunes for what it does.
mech

Post by mech »

Free podcast is brand new from last week - it just so happened I was looking at the podcast directory on the Apple music store for the first time in AGES and found it there. Very cool.
skinner

Post by skinner »

Futurama back on at 7pm?! :up:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Yeah, the Chaser rocks. I like the new timeslot to.
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

If only reality tv would die off completely.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/replicav2.png[/img]
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

What are you all on about? Yasmin's still on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HemL6ju8oko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

At first the wedge seemed watchable as there was atleast ONE smile in the first show but now all it seems is a remake of the exact same jokes for an entire season. The fact its a 'hit show' makes me want to barf
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

i concur with boomy's sentiments
fucking terrible show, recycles its own jokes
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

its weak coz they get whatever character(s) together, ie. those fuckin pokies bitches off the wedge, and film every joke/gag/bit from each episode in one entire sitting, then to be spread out throughout the series.

and that kinda technique they use just fucks me off......Little Britain, you are also GUITLY! (can't understand why ppl are obsessed with that show)
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

NICE AVATAR!!!! Image
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

yeah fuck i dislike little britain for the same reasons
i cannot understand how this kind of comedy is enjoyed by so many people
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard