The Transformers thread - new CG animated series announced

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Nup. The more I see of this, the more I hate it :down:
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Just finished watching beastwars season 3. The start was good and the ending was good, but it seemed a bit rushed, as in it seemed episodes short.

Spoiler stuff but I wanna discuss with someone who has watched the series.
[Click to see hidden content]
Are they implying that chapters from the books of primus are written about them? If so, why would the Autobots have a copy of it? Or was Primus predicting the future? I know so little about Primus.

It was good to see the clip of Optimus putting the spark back into megatron, but yeah, it wasn't really needed.

Also... Was the first human language cybertronian? It was what Cheetor was teaching the children, and it is what Waspinator would probably have also taught them.

I was a bit confused about Dinobot aswell. When Rampage was killed, Dinobot started flickering between original and transmetal 2 form. He said his spark felt complete, was it genetic memory that allowed him to become so noble? I just found that bit kind of lame. I mean his death was so awesome in season 2. But doing this... I was unsure of what they were saying. It was like Dinobot had come back from the death... to be noble and die again. Confusing...
Anyway... anyone else who has seen it and wants to compare geek notes please do so.[/hide]
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

jahooley wrote:his face looks weird...and he is heaps hollow. you can see all the intriquite metal parts underneath his truck armour
i still prefer the 80's boxy look
That's Powermaster Prime. Hot toy at the time, horrible design now imo.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

nnnnooooo!!! talk about beast wars!

I never got into any of the powermaster headmaster stuff. I had the first issue of Headmasters by marvel and the Scorpinok Headmaster toy and that was pretty much it. I stopped collecting around that time because they went from the hard metal to the crappy plastic toys.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The Headmaster toys were really good, as was the cartoon season that came with them. Targetmasters were a total gimmick (same toys, transforming gun..zzzz), Powermasters were overpriced.

Re: Beast Wars season 3 - to be honest I thought the narrative just about jumped the shark to the point of being confusing. In fact I can't really offer any solid theories myself as I feel I need to rewatch it just to absorb it properly. Definitely not as good as season 2 but overall Beast Wars was a fine addition to TF, and imo the second-best TF show ever made.

Also was it just me or was the disappearance of Terrosaur never explained? He rocked and then just vanished.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

yeah terrosaur seemed to be doing something at theat point. Almost like they had planned a transmetal but decided against it.

Season 3 was just too short. It started and bang it was over.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I hated how predacons who weren't given much screen time were demoted to bufoon character. Poor Inferno... he was such a bad arse, but I guess Rampage was all the bad arse they needed.

Also Rhinox, wow... how little screen time did he get?

Just felt like a rushed season. 13 eps wasn't enough.
KillKen
lazy
XBL ID: KillKen

Post by KillKen »

What I never understood about the Beast wars series was that it was meant to take after Transformers G1 but the Earth they are on has no cities or present day humans. They had primitives only.

So whats the go there?. I did love when they had the assasin fella that had the original transformers noise when he transformed.
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

New trailer shows more promise. The brunette chick is highly fuckable too. :up:
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

I like the look of that! :up:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Ok that trailer loks like the movie could be kick arse, I hope they actually talk to each otehr though
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

New trailer looks good because THERE ARE NO SHOTS OF THEM RAPING MY CHILDHOOD WITH SHITTY MECH STYLE TRANSFORMERS :thumbsdown:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I don't think the transfomers are mech style. I think if you see megatron he decides in the movie to not take on a earth form.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Good for him. It's not Transformers though.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Oh great, another fucking invasion movie.

I'll watch the Transformers animated movie again, instead.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

KillKen wrote:What I never understood about the Beast wars series was that it was meant to take after Transformers G1 but the Earth they are on has no cities or present day humans. They had primitives only.

So whats the go there?. I did love when they had the assasin fella that had the original transformers noise when he transformed.
The Predacons had travelled back in time on information the original megatron had placed on the voyager record. Beastwars Megatron was trying to rewrite history so that Deceptacons ruled. They were going to kill the Autobots before they awoke in 1984. That's pretty much what the entire series is about.

Season 2 was awesome and I cried like a little girl when Dinobot died. I cried more for him then the first time I saw Optimus die.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

goddammit i lost the link of the new teaser trailer thats out...grrrrr....its goes for nearly 2mins...it looks friggin awesome!!
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Michael Bay can go suck a fuck.
KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

GreyWizzard wrote:
KillKen wrote:What I never understood about the Beast wars series was that it was meant to take after Transformers G1 but the Earth they are on has no cities or present day humans. They had primitives only.

The Predacons had travelled back in time on information the original megatron had placed on the voyager record. Beastwars Megatron was trying to rewrite history so that Deceptacons ruled. They were going to kill the Autobots before they awoke in 1984. That's pretty much what the entire series is about.

Season 2 was awesome and I cried like a little girl when Dinobot died. I cried more for him then the first time I saw Optimus die.

Fair enough that makes sense. Must have missed that bit cheers.
KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

jahooley wrote:NEW TRAILER!!!
I think I just came alittle !!!. Who's that guy in the army gear who's telling the pilot of the choppper to power down. Fuck I think he's good in everything I see him in.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

How can you people like that trailer? GAH!!!

Hey, hey! TIMELINE! TIMELINE!!! Oh wait, what? The entire highly detailed timeline means nothing when a big hollywood production team comes to town? If Michael Bay comes out and say "This is an alternate reality where blah happened" I will then buy it. Even the new cartoons are setting events in different time periods so as not to mess with G1 or beastwars.

I hate you Michael Bay, I want to stab you in the face. I will carry this hate on for as long as I can!!! GAH!!!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm struggling to get excited, but I'll still be seeing it.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

GreyWizzard wrote:How can you people like that trailer? GAH!!!

Hey, hey! TIMELINE! TIMELINE!!! Oh wait, what? The entire highly detailed timeline means nothing when a big hollywood production team comes to town? If Michael Bay comes out and say "This is an alternate reality where blah happened" I will then buy it. Even the new cartoons are setting events in different time periods so as not to mess with G1 or beastwars.

I hate you Michael Bay, I want to stab you in the face. I will carry this hate on for as long as I can!!! GAH!!!
Dont get me wrong im not happy about the designs of the autobots and decepticons (Optimus wiith flames WTF???) at all but I was refering more to just seeing shit like that chopper transforming. Shit I got excitied when I saw those car ads on youtube with the transforming car dancing and ice skating.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

ditdot
Last edited by t0mby on 25 Dec 2006 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.