The Transformers thread - new CG animated series announced

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

The Transformers thread - new CG animated series announced

Post by Juzbuffa »

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Go there now! Fuck all revealed in the teaser and its still a year away from release.
Last edited by Juzbuffa on 22 Jun 2009 02:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

RARRRRHHHH!!! I AM THE BLURRY MONSTER OF MARS!!!!
van

Post by van »

So hey, when did Mars get a blue sky, clouds, and a yellow sandy desert? Heh.

But yeah, quick cheap trailer aside, this is going to be a badass movie. A lotta folks don't like Michael Bay, but FFS, he's perfect for a TF movie.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

I read that as BLURAY MONSTER!

Also damn this teaser. I want the movie now not a year from now!!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Looking good. I like the darker theme.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm excited and I can't lie! Don't ruin my childhood Michael Bay or I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I can see myself crying in the theatre again. :? God damn those transformer movies are too emotional. :wink:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I too cried when Optimus bit the bullet. I'm not afraid to admit it! I was blubbering like a baby.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

The Touch by Stan Bush makes me cry. Not because it is a crap song but because of what it reminds me of.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I sense another 'Stupid Bloody Sony' thread coming...
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

:lol: that comic reminds me of ep 4 of the Clerks series, when the very end of the episode goes into anime style. A very similar thing happens with a random transformer-esque robot that comes out of no-where.

I'm looking forward to this flick though, I reckon it'll be awesome! I'm sure there are going to be some kick-arse toys coming out of it also. Considering how poseable the most recent transformers have been too it'll be nice to have some TF toys that are reminiscent of the older toys (in that they are normal vehicles not these whacked out new things in the cybertron/energon lines) but will more poseable and IMO awesome :D

I'll admit it, when it comes to Transformers I'm a big kid :up:
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun

Post by Juzbuffa »

Well theres a new toy line coming out this year called TF Classics. These arent to do with the movies but just re-imaginings of old school G1 TFs. Personally I think the only one thats looks decent is Starscream, but at least they turned Megatron back into a gun of sorts.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

I too will be interested in seeing what they bring out for the movie.

Ekin

Post by Ekin »

I was really interested in the TF classics line too but i've seen a close up of Optimus and it looks super cheap. Its really small and made of cheap plastics.

Im waiting for Starscream Masterpiece.

edit: let me try that again
K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

So is the new movie an anime?
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun

Post by Juzbuffa »

Live action with CG bots

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

posted this on pn in the mech thread so I'lll just cut and paste here:
Transformers movie news:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=103448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
looks like peter cullen (voice of prime) will be cast to do the voice of prime in the upcoming TF movie. Fanatics of the G1 toon will be happy about this as it will bring back that nostalgia we had as kids when prime led the autobots in the movie and turned the tide dying and causing little children to cry.

I could never afford optimus prime. I remember seeing his toy (and back then he was pretty well articulated figure for the 80s) for $50 (that was a lot of money back then) and pissed off at all the other kids who could get him.
This might be why people are so happy about the master piece line of TF because they are aimed at those little kids 20 years ago who still have that nostalgia about missing out on thier fave toys. I think that another factor about the MP line is the diecast. People have memories about when toys were hefty and heavy like they were actually tough like a real robot should be. (only problem is the weight adds stress to the joints and if these are not ratcheted, the limbs go floppy over time)

I don't think the movie will be tied closely to what we saw in the toon though. It will be more like a reimagining of the TF I think. (no f15 star scream for example, he is now going to be a f22 raptor)

Ekin: A lot of fans still insist the older mold was better and accuse shoji kawamori of making starscream into a macross style Valkyrie fighter.

I hate it when fanboys do this. In the cartoon SS had parts disapearing altogether so it is unfair to criticise these little changes to make the toy a more practical figure. One of the things I like about that hip armor is it gives him a more warrior like feel to him and makes the legs more light and posable. (too much weight on the ends of his legs will make the hip joints floppy so moving that weight to the side of his body like the YF19, is a good thing) Oh well...
The thing that is going to kick arse about this toy is the f15 looks like a real jet fighter instead of a loosely based around it. It combines the realism of the alt mode we got from the alternator line of toys, with the nostalgia of the g1 characters from the show. (most adults who are going to be buying them are going to be anal about tiny details relating to the comic and cartoon)

But if you don't care a bout the toon and are more a toy fan, the best non-diecast toy line are the alternators. Here's a pic of alternator mirage:
^
I think he so far has one of the best robot mode transformations so far.

edit:
frank welker (voice of megatron) has auditioned to be the voice of megatron for the movie. It will be interesting to hear the original megatron come back.

PA strip:

^ thankfully megatron is going to be a tank. Not a gun that shrinks which I'm glad for.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Cullen is confirmed.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

They just need Welker now and im sold. Fucken Michael Bay is making a fucken Michael Bay movie but all i want to see is Cullen/Welker as Optimus/Megatron again.
GameHED wrote: Ekin: A lot of fans still insist the older mold was better and accuse shoji kawamori of making starscream into a macross style Valkyrie fighter.
I like the body better on the new one and but the feet look better on the old one. Also i like how the helmet is a little more pronounced, kinda looks a little more evil. I prefer the look of the new one but I have to admit the old one does resemble G1 starscream better.

Out of the Alternators, Tracks is probably my fave :D
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

some related news:
HG finally finds a distributor for thier new Robotech OVA/movie or whatever it is:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9232" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So it is not vaporware after all. Will it suck? Only time will tell.
I like the body better on the new one and but the feet look better on the old one. Also i like how the helmet is a little more pronounced, kinda looks a little more evil. I prefer the look of the new one but I have to admit the old one does resemble G1 starscream better.
The one thing I got to mention on the new one is how his wings stand up at an angle like a pair of demons wings. They just give him a more menacing look when they are angled up like that instead of drooping down like on the old. These might be moveable and stuff.

My main beef with the old one was how in the old one, the back of the legs looks messy. I'm not a fan of robots which have parts sticking out too much on the limbs. One of the arguments that fans use to attack the new one in thier quest to convince people it sucks is how "he doesn't look like the character from the toon". I always counter that with "the toon isn't accurate to the toys anyway which is what the character is based on" and in the toon, there is parts that magically disappear. (so it's impossible to be accurate to a cartoon that allows for that. Example: master piece prime toy has the wheels in plain view in robot mode, but in the toon they disapear, so saying that having those extra bits on the hip makes him not look like starscream from the toon would be the same thing as me saying that Masterpiece prime doesn't look anything like prime in the toon because of the wheels on his leg. arrrgh fanboys and thier stupid logic)

About alts: my faith in good alts was renewed when I saw alt mirage because I was a little disapointed in alt prime and it looked like the line was going to start sucking. I think "alt prime" should just be masterpiece prime (they are in the same scale) and the alts displayed next to him. :D

edit:
cut n pasted for convenience:

three new pics of MPSS: (click to enlarge)

Image Image Image
It looks like they are going for a more low vis look to please aircraft fans than trying to be loyal to the toon color..I bet they will end up releasing more than 1 version. (not sure how popular TF even is in japan amoungst a sea of "mecha" shows)
Last edited by GameHED on 25 Jul 2006 09:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

My fave transformer is my WRX transformer.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

That PA strip is tops.
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

I just read Peter Cullen is to return to voice Optimus Prime in the movie
he did OP in the 80's cartoon...
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Frank Welker the voice of Nibbler... uh Freddy Jones... um... the narrator from Super Friends... bugger... Megatron! has put in an audition for the role of Megatron. I can't see them not giving it to him. He is a voice over god.

If only Scatman Crothers and the guy who did Starscream weren't dead...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Dunno if you boys are Beast Wars fans, but there was an episode featuring Starscream, and the guy who voiced him was also the guy who voiced Terrosaur in the BW series, and he was pretty fucking accurate with his portrayal. He would be more than capable of doing it for the new movie.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]