The Transformers thread - new CG animated series announced

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Hot linking sucks t0mby :P

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

So does your mum and I never complain. :p
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Something that would make me happy, they change the name to gobots.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Some new images posted up on IGN:

I like the boobies in the last pic. The top one is a slightly bigger pic of the Empire magazine cover.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

Transformers n tits!
Shwing!
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Hmm the optimus on the empire cover doens't look a whole lot like the optimus toy that's been floating around lately.

Which is fucking annoying to say the least. They would've known that by making the transformers in the movie look all super detailed with so many little bits and pieces exposed that it would be a bitch to make it look the same in a toy. :x

ohwell. some pics I've found at other forums.

AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

The boobies do look good. Very good.
I still don't know why they couldn't make the heads look exactly like the original characters in the cartoons. That way, no matter what the vehicle, you can always tell who it is.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

The flames. Why the flames? Optimus shouldn't be a monster truck. Maybe it's really Hot Rod and optimus prime isn't really in the movie? Prime actually dies in the start of the movie and HotRod takes on primes alt mode to trick us all. Yeah that's gotta be it.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I started reading Amarda last night... oh it is set during the G1 timeline... oh G1 didn't occur... oh.

Okay I can live with a reimagining I guess... harupmh
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

GreyWizzard wrote:I started reading Amarda last night... oh it is set during the G1 timeline... oh G1 didn't occur... oh.

Okay I can live with a reimagining I guess... harupmh
What, no crazy insane rants because another TF series is just merely set around the same time as G1?? :P Wear yourself out complaining about the live action movie? :D
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I think Optimus Prime's flames are meant to go either udring the movie or are planned to go in the second movie - there's an explanation about them in the movie

(Apparently)
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Here ya go greywizzard:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ransformer

This is the real transformers movie.

The images everyone else posted are all fake as a way to trick you into thinking that they are part of the movie.(just kidding)

While I'm at it:
A collection of all the transforming vehicle videos can be found here:
http://www.themichaelsmith.com/VWVideo.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Hugo Weaving to Voice Megatron
Source: SectorSeven.org March 24, 2007

The Transformers movie promo site SectorSeven.org has revealed that Hugo Weaving ("The Matrix" trilogy, "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, V For Vendetta) will voice Megatron in director Michael Bay's big screen adaptation, opening July 4.

You can access the site using the password "NBETWO." Then click on the scorpion at the bottom and you'll get a list of e-mails. Click the first one, "Counter-Information Campaign," and you can read the e-mail that reveals the casting.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

On IMDB it has Frank Welker (the guy who did megatron in G1, also the voice of nibbler) to do the voice of Megatron in ther new moofie.

What the hell man!? What the Hell!?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Hugo Weaving to Voice Megatron
Source: SectorSeven.org March 24, 2007

The Transformers movie promo site SectorSeven.org has revealed that Hugo Weaving ("The Matrix" trilogy, "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, V For Vendetta) will voice Megatron in director Michael Bay's big screen adaptation, opening July 4.

You can access the site using the password "NBETWO." Then click on the scorpion at the bottom and you'll get a list of e-mails. Click the first one, "Counter-Information Campaign," and you can read the e-mail that reveals the casting.
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCKITY FUCK
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun

Post by Juzbuffa »

"Mr Optimus, welcome back. We missed you" :?

Let us take our minds of this latest disgrace with another look at the boobies:

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I guess he''l be trying to imitate Megatron from Beastwars, YEEEESSSSSS.

Honestly they should just hire the current Megatron and Optimus, they have been doing it longer then Cullen and Welker, plus Cullen sounds like an old man. Transform and roll out... in wheelchairs.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

But the voice and the truck is so iconic.

BTW here is some pics of movie prime from the tokyo toy festival 2007:
http://www.hlj.com/showreports/toyfes07/index2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also I went into myers last week checked out the toy section and saw 20th anniversary prime on the shelves. (this is the new one with the extra sound gimmicks) at a $150. Seeing as how I had seen MP ultra magnus (inner robot white repaint of prime) which was the cool imported japanese version with no shortened smokestacks at target for $90 last year, that sounds like a bit of a rip off. I wish they would continue just importing instead.

His paintscheme is more colourful and cartoony and stuff. If I had the money I would have bought it on impulse. Good to see the old school prime gets some love in toy sections though.. :up:

Now I wonder what is going to happen for masterpiece megatron? Look at the nice metallic appearance of him in those pics in the link. Shit that looks expensive and shiny! (plus no orange tip, lucky japs) Hope they don't make it look cheap when it eventually gets released local.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

The 20th anniversary Prime looks shit with all the yellow they have added to him.
He never had it in the cartoon!!!
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

lol he really does look like spike in that pic.

Poor thing.

I wll buy this: http://www.hlj.com/showreports/toyfes07" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... g0586.html
Optimus looks awesome!
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

He does look cool, I guess I'd always planned on buying at least Optimus & Megatron from the new movie, but after seeing the Masterpiece Prime (and owning masterpiece magnus) he seems a little bit bulky.. but otherwise pretty damn cool.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The 20th anniversary Prime looks shit with all the yellow they have added to him.
He never had it in the cartoon!!!
Yep, if only they just left it as it was. But this at least gives the masses a chance to get what was originally supposed to be a collector only toy of limited quantity, whose awareness of G1 sort of went up from news about the movie and who couldn't find the original anywhere.

But fuck megatron looks nice except for the skinny legs. The gun isn't to scale but that is a small sacrifice for the character being about prime size.

The thing about MP prime though, is he looks damn good standing next to autobot alternators as they are the same scale at 1:24. If the alternator line had got rid of the size restriction we might have been able to see more interesting things like an alternator prime whose vehicle mode is more like the vehicle you see for movie prime. (keeping him larger than the car alternators) It's a shame he became a dodge ram. Doesn't seem right to have him about the same height as the other autobots in bot mode imo. They have various sizes for things like classics line to allow for bigger stuff, so I would have loved to see them allow for bigger vehicles for the alternators so we could see prime as a truck in that 1:24 scale. As it is, I consider the 20th anniversary prime to be alt prime. :D

BTW I went back to that same place I saw 20th anni prime to look behind the boxes of classics transformers and found classics jetfire hidden behind other transformers. Been looking all over for him. As a fan of macross I had to have it. This is essentially a modern take on the old G1 jetfire (based on the bandai chunky munky) and it imo is the best of the classic TF toys. But unlike Starscream he is in the $50 range. What he looks like is just an f14 with sweep wings like his old vf-1 body, but they've made the nose more star wars-ish and boxy instead of smoothly curved. He comes with a "super valk" booster, with "dual strike cannon" (I'm using macross terms here heh) and in place of where he would normally have the arm missiles, are some arm-mounted guns. When you equip him with all his weapons he looks very mean. (helmet comes off and make him look goofy when it's on due to giving him a big head look, but it provides head lasers for fighter mode.)

Apart from the boxy looking nose he is just like his old G1 in form. Never read the comic he was designed to be in, but I am overall happy with this toy. And unlike classic Screamer, his wings don't get in the way of the arm posability. It's the only classics TF I own.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun

Post by Juzbuffa »

IGN has 2 TV spots for download. Shows a couple new glimpses but not much else.

Ekin

Post by Ekin »

New trailers are awesome. You see more of their transformation sequences and a couple of action shots.

Im pumped :D
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

http://www.devilducky.com/media/59793/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^
transforming cosplayers :D
Last edited by GameHED on 01 Apr 2007 11:04 am, edited 4 times in total.