Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Post by Cletus »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Isn’t gender fluidity just good old fashioned androgyny?
probably, until they start wanting new pronouns
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Ble'd demand a new pronoun and you'd say "yes bler!".

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Jasper wrote:
lestat wrote:I made my peace with god, have you made yours?

You sound a bit upset Jasper, I'm sure throwing more racial slurs will make you feel better, the nerve calling me a hypocrite. :down:
1. I myself am also a wog who was raised orthodox. :wink:

2. How convenient to be Lestat! Get your dick wet outside marriage, and a quickie prayer whilst dumping out your used condom will forgive all. So how many times did you insult your God, after reciting the same prayer after every pre-marital suck and fuck? :?

You think after say the third prayer...God maybe felt you were jerking his chain and deemed you to in fact be a bootleg Christian? :oops:
I think God is happy with my 15 years, 2 healthy boys and monogamy, if you are orthodox, you know full well that weddings are more a social status/family thing than religious.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Twit wrote:Ble'd demand a new pronoun and you'd say "yes bler!".

:lol:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

lestat wrote:if you are orthodox, you know full well that weddings are more a social status/family thing than religious.
Good to know, I'll make that point next time somebody uses the old "religion" argument...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: As for Gender Fluid people? I actually don't understand it.. but to be honest.. I'll call you whatever you want. If two gender fluid people got married.. again.. it has zero impact on my life.. so more power to them.

Gender fluid people who get upset that people didn't get their gender right need to 1. chill out and recognise that when you blend two things.. it can be hard to determine... it was likely not out of disrespect. It's like someone sitting in a Doctors Surgery waiting room being offended that the doctor couldn't determine why exactly they had come to see them.
It's like Gay people being offended at the thought of labeling their union differently to avoid the same ambiguity.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

lestat wrote: It's like Gay people being offended at the thought of labeling their union differently to avoid the same ambiguity.
Oh go fuck off.

The difference is quite clear.. after decades of being seen, told and treated differently.. and by differently.. that includes inferior, evil, dirty, unnatural, dangerous (I could go on)... unfortunately we've spent so much of our time and energy on dealing with such poor treatment from society that you forget that most of the labelling and intent of such labels are nasty, belittling and offensive.

Your argument might have had some sort of validity in the situation where our society raised children without the concept of marriage at all. When you raise people in a construct, they accept it and given what it is.. it isn't actually a terrible thing to want to replicate what you grew up in. Since that will never happen.. you are effectively being a cunt by raising your own children in a construct and yet then telling me that I should completely ignore and forget about how I was raised and that I don't deserve to have the right to it. Oh but wait.. right wing idiots only want to teach traditional relationships.. so again.. we raise children with the idea that we grow up and fall in love and marry the one we love.. only to remove that idea if they turn out to be different.. and remove their right to it.

There is no ambiguity on it if people just treat others with respect. Especially when it is relating to diversity.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Isnt it the opposite? Gender fluid want a different descriptor for each nutcase in their group. Gays don't want that at all.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Pretty much.
As I said before.. I actually don't understand it.. it hasn't been something that affects me but that doesn't mean I can't be mindful and respectful of it.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

You're rambling cyberfunk. Simply put, you seek to change definition of something to suit your purpose at the expense of religious beliefs and causing confusion/ambiguity in society.

The annoyance you express at gender fluid people is the annoyance you are causing with people who have always known marriage to be the union of man and woman, bride and groom optionally in front of god.

I duckduck go definition of marriage, I get this.

marriage (mărˈĭj)►
n. The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife.
n. The state of being married; wedlock.
n. A common-law marriage.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

I seek the restoration of the definition of marriage that our country had. If that was there... we wouldn't be having this huge fucking issue.

I think you will find Cletus is the one is annoyed with gender fluid people. I simply said I don't understand it and think that since they aren't hurting anyone they can do as they like. I never said I was annoyed at all so you're the one who is making shit up and rambling now. In fact the whole point you made above is.. well pointless because you're basing it on behaviours and attitudes that I am not displaying or adhering to.

If it was the same.. said people I am supposedly annoying would effectively be saying "I don't understand it but I respect it enough to not interfere with it since it has no impact on me". However.. they aren't. They are saying "I don't like it and I don't respect it and I will stop them from doing something that has NO IMPACT on my life.. OH Let's also say a heap of shit about them while we are it"

With your definition.. you missed out quite a few extra definitions it has had in the past. But hey.. you've made it quite clear that you aren't actually interested in being completely objective about this... hence why you decided to state I get annoyed about gender fluid people.. when in actual fact I did not.. I simply said that in situations where there is confusion.. they AND everyone esle just need to chill out and be respectful.. it's not fucking rocket science.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

What ambiguity? People don’t walk around with t-shirts so everyone can observe the marital status of strangers. It’s personal business. The ambiguity is in your own mind and the minds of other people not satisfied with retaining their own ideas and traditions about something but wanting to impose their beliefs onto everyone else. You can keep your traditional marriage. Nothing changes for you or your household. Only difference is same sex couples you don’t know (and maybe a few you do) can get married as per the Marriage Act.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Peppermint Lounge wrote:What ambiguity? People don’t walk around with t-shirts so everyone can observe the marital status of strangers. It’s personal business. The ambiguity is in your own mind and the minds of other people not satisfied with retaining their own ideas and traditions about something but wanting to impose their beliefs onto everyone else. You can keep your traditional marriage. Nothing changes for you or your household. Only difference is same sex couples you don’t know (and maybe a few you do) can get married as per the Marriage Act.
Exactly.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Ahh pep, you're not married so you're not used to wearing a wedding ring.

It's your tshirt and then some, you wear it 24/7.

We have social conventions for a reason, Gay people wanting a heterosexual one is just confusing.

All I'm saying is gay couples need to come up with their own ones and let society know, don't latch onto an existing one to suit your agenda.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

It's not confusing and you know what? If you find it confusing.. you honestly shouldn't be involved in determining the rights for anyone.
Considering it was only decades ago that being gay had criminal charges attached to it.
You're being so insensitive about this topic not to mention hypocritical. Us gays apparently are best suited to conform as to not upset or frighten people.. or better yet.. HIDE.. but when it comes to conforming to a social construct we were raised into.. we have to pick something else.

Off you fuck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

So when I retain a lawyer do I need to determine whether they’re gay or straight so I don’t get confused? And why are gay lawyers called lawyers anyway. Gay people in conventional professions should be called something else so we can distinguish their sexuality and thus their status remains separate from what’s normal.

Sorry mate while I understand why SSM might be uncomfortable for traditionalists your arguments here are venturing into the absurd.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Say you invite the lawyer to dinner and you say bring your wife, he says sorry I have a husband, you've possibly offended him and maybe made it awkward.

You go into a store, you walk into the fragrance section, the sales person notices the ring on your finger and proceeds to bring female perfume, wrong sex.

You don't realise how much we assume when people see that ring on that finger.

A lawyer is someone who practices law, that definition has been that always. We do have some professions that describe male/female variety though. We tend to throw out those old terms and come up with new gender neutral ones. eg "airline stewardess" -> "flight attendant"

Exactly what I'm saying here, lets either throw out the old marriage act, call it civil union and leave marriage to mean what it's meant for centuries.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

lestat wrote:You go into a store, you walk into the fragrance section, the sales person notices the ring on your finger and proceeds to bring female perfume, wrong sex.
You seriously sound like such a nasty selfish dickhead! :redface:

You rather your fellow man and woman suffer the misery of never feeling equal (as well as gay children growing up feeling that their worth as a human being is inferior to that of their straight peers), because of a possible misunderstanding you as a heterosexual man may experience at a fucking perfume counter? :shock:

All I hear from you is.....ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! :down:

Who don't you just leave gay people the fuck alone in their pursuit of happiness?!? :roll:

As a Greek orthodox...I have met HUNDREDS of people just like you (and have many relatives with the same exact mindset). You detest the idea of gay people being given equal rights, because that robs you of the luxury of feeling so high and mighty and so damn superior to gay people. You NEED the gay community to remain socially/legally beneath you, so that you have someone to look down to...to make you fell better about yourself (and of course act as a distraction from you having to think about your own nasty sins). :cry:

You do know your brother who is currently going through a divorce (a SIN!) has without doubt been sexually active with another woman (a SIN!) now that he's no longer with his wife? Whether it's a new girlfriend, a prostitute, a tinder skank....he is definitely getting his dick wet somehow, believe me! 8)

So why don't you go point your judgmental finger at your brother for his multitude of sins! :down:

Oh wait, I forget...you only follow the doctrine of a special edition bible made just for hypocrites like you and most orthodox wogs... :roll:

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Gender Fluid people have driven a wedge between us as evidenced in this thread. I'm upset with them for doing that. They're troublemakers and they're hijacking the argument.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Explain to me how labeling your union correctly makes me feel high and mighty?

I have outright said I agree you should have the same rights, to pursue your happiness, just call it something else to marriage because marriage has strong cultural and religious meaning.

It's called compromise and recognizing your own worth to society is important, why you want to lumped in a heterosexual construct is partly due to your own insecurity.

If you're proud to be gay, show it to the world, don't hide behind a heterosexual label.

Look to your greek ancestors Rocco.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelphopoiesis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Be proud and show it to the world so lestat doesn't get confused!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Hey that's what heterosexuals do wearing their wedding rings.

You know just in case we forget we're married. ;)

And God knows they love putting rainbow colours everywhere.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

You guys OK with Lestat's perfectly fine opinion on marriage?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Cletus wrote:Gender Fluid people have driven a wedge between us as evidenced in this thread. I'm upset with them for doing that. They're troublemakers and they're hijacking the argument.
Is he fluid though? The changes he talked about seem fairly permanent. To take your favourite hand held device, split it down the middle and fold it backwards into a vagina seems like a one way journey. No wonder he needs a Switch :wink:
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'm not talking about anyone here...mine is a general comment. Jasper isn't gender fluid. He just lies about being transgender which is different. And somewhat entertaining.