Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Post by Froggy »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Well boys when Howard and Costello decided to send dividend imputation cheques to shareholders who were untaxed it cost the budget $550 million. It's up to $5 billion now and is on track for $8 billion in the near future. What does it have to get to before you agree legislators will have to start 'messing with people's savings and livelihoods'? What the election reaffirms is once you open a loophole it's very hard to even reign it in let alone close it.
It isn't a loophole and it is treating everyone equally. I take it you are one who nods along when labour calls higher taxes savings in their budgets?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Well boys when Howard and Costello decided to send dividend imputation cheques to shareholders who were untaxed it cost the budget $550 million. It's up to $5 billion now and is on track for $8 billion in the near future. What does it have to get to before you agree legislators will have to start 'messing with people's savings and livelihoods'? What the election reaffirms is once you open a loophole it's very hard to even reign it in let alone close it.
If you treat share dividends as company tax not personal income tax, then it will be exploited by high income earners who will invest in high dividend shares and earn more income at a lower effective tax rate. 30% vs 47%.

Then you're just left with a bunch of angry middle class retires who sunk what super they had left into shares to try and live of it. Top end of town is enjoying their lowered effective tax rate.

Like you mentioned, doing big changes like this is hard and suicide politically, it ruins plans people have made, you changed the rules of the game. We have an aging population so it makes sense why the numbers are increasing, a better way to claw it back would be to just reduce franking credit amount by x percent.

Baby boomers are still a huge voting block, It's surprising that they thought this policy change wouldn't piss them off.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Froggy wrote:So?
Relax, man. No conspiracy theories here. It's a preferential system and Labor were belted square and fair. Still interesting to see the spread in the state that sunk them
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

The rules were changed a couple of years back.
There is no more party preference or preference deals.
There is only voter preference now.
The only way you can blame the parties for preferences now is idiotic people who blindly follow their chosen parties how to vote cards.
Having said that, ultimately it only really matters which one of ALP/LNP you put higher, regardless of how many boxes there were on a HoR ballot.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

And in other news, the NZ Imigration website had a 1000‰ increase in traffic from Australia over the last 48hrs.

Fuck off, we're full! :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yes...the leftards are leaving. Enjoy New Izlamland.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

They only ever threaten. They'll all be consoling themselves at their respective farmer's markets this weekend, drinking unhomogenised milk lattes while engaging in patronising chit-chat with the quaint rural people selling them their organic produce.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

It really is silly isn't it. The way some people are behaving is quite embarrassing. You'd think Fraser Anning got voted in as PM. :run:
If Bill Shorten had have got in I would have shrugged and hoped to myself that taxes won't go up too much. Then moved on with my life.

Move to New Izlambland? (I like that - added a b). lol.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Someone say lamb?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Got a little tired of the anti-Queensland rhetoric after the election. QLD has had a Labour Government for the past two terms, first state I can tell that has ever elected a female from the Opposition to the Premiership and has some of the most progressive stances on crime and punishment in the country and is still called backward and redneck for not following the accepted southern media script. Labour lost up here because they were directly messing with the livelihoods of people on the ground here with the mines. That and Bob Brown did them no favours. I'm no fan of strip mining resources but there are no alternatives as yet to mass employ people.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

"existentially dire"
"immeasurable terror"
"severe anxiety"
Imagine if these people were faced with real problems.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

The drama. :D Young uni students overstating and being dramatic is hardly new though. What’s as annoying are the middle aged conservative newspaper editors and their roster of columnists who know better cashing in on it.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:The drama. :D Andrew Bolt overstating and being dramatic is hardly new though.
It's amazing how the sentence is still relevant :lol:

People are idiots.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Old people complaining about young people, what's new.

Hell if I faced the prospect of realistically never owning a home in a job market that's completely stacked against pretty much everyone where job security is a fantasy, all while on a planet that's going to complete shit then I'd probably have severe anxiety about it all too.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

...and bipartisan politics is going to change that how?...
If you really believe that the ALP could potentially fix that (not that LNP is going to do anything either), I don't even know what to say to respond. smh.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

I never said that - just that you can't blame young people for feeling like everything is against them.

All of us here are old enough to know that when it comes down to it, it's all the same shit.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Oh yeah, can certainly relate. It definitely is frustratingly and worryingly futile.
My kids are young adults now, and yeah, what does the future hold for them?
Being a parent means you never get to stop worrying it seems. I wonder if my folks still worry about me and my sister? I'll bet they do.

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:The drama. :D Young uni students overstating and being dramatic is hardly new though. What’s as annoying are the middle aged conservative newspaper editors and their roster of columnists who know better cashing in on it.
Nah, they need a dose of reality.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

I miss Pointless already

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

The fucken Hypocrisy of the Green cunts, can't believe there was a time long ago I voted for these fools.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I don’t agree with Di Natalie’s call to flag Bolt et al as hate speech and censor them (which came after the NZ mass shooting) but that proposal is far from actual AFP raids occurring under current laws in the name of national security. Since 2001 a lot of laws giving governments more power at the expense of individual liberties have passed. Pretty astonishing to read AFP cops raiding a journalist’s home (not her office), spending 7 hours rifling through her personal belongings right down to her underwear drawer.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Declining lifestyle for the middle class. Less money in your pocket while you become the working poor. Less personal freedoms.

This has all happened under conservative / right-wing governments. Trump since 2017. England since 2016. Australia since 2013.
It's easy to get mad and point the finger at the left, but US/UK/Aus have all been under conservative governments since 2017 (at the latest) while our personal freedoms. prosperity and sovereignty is getting sold down the river.
It would have been even faster under the left.
Still under the illusion of choice?

Welfare and open borders is an impossibility for the west.
Global revolution is coming (some time in the next 20 years). Start preparing now. It hurts/scares me to say it. :(

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Declining lifestyle for the middle class. Less money in your pocket while you become the working poor. Less personal freedoms.
True
Twiztid Elf wrote: This has all happened under conservative / right-wing governments. Trump since 2017.
Completely wrong. In America it started with NAFTA and accelerated rapidly under Obama. Trumps reversing the policies that caused it with the USMCA and also tax cuts\deregulation. For the first time in years\decades the lower middle income class has wage growth with no inflation.
Twiztid Elf wrote: England since 2016.
Twiztid Elf wrote: Again England's demise started decades ago but neither party there elites want to fix it as they all profit. See Brexit.
Twiztid Elf wrote: Australia since 2013.
Don't think our middle class is declining? It will though with the rapid "decarbonisation" that has occured, the flow on effects will be felt 5 - 10 years time. All the lower class jobs go first and any middle income jobs dependent on building things or power intensive industries. If Labor had gotten in it would have accelerated the middle class destruction but as it is Australia's is fine and dandy.
Twiztid Elf wrote: It's easy to get mad and point the finger at the left, but US/UK/Aus have all been under conservative governments since 2017 (at the latest) while our personal freedoms. prosperity and sovereignty is getting sold down the river.
It would have been even faster under the left.
Still under the illusion of choice?
Blame the open borders globalisation crowd and the rise of the elites and the separation of the political structures from society. Most politicians in Australia now are a generation removed from actually participating or being involved in any type of life the rest of us live. They get into student politics, move into a union or party affiliated role at a thinktank with their faux law degrees and then are placed into seats after doing their time based on talent. Brexit shows it up best where the wants of the people and their problems are being held off because they don't want to give up their cheap labour and profiteering and control. America's elite's still can't come to grips with Trump because he's threatening all the power structures and gasp is actually trying to get things done the people want. Thank fuck we are not that far down the road here but we aren't far off, we get it bad enough when we keep being told that climate change is the most pressing issue of all time where no one in the actual real world besides your tiny green minority think so. You look a bit closer and you see that they all have investments in companies that all look to make a huge amount of money in this area.

Twiztid Elf wrote: Welfare and open borders is an impossibility for the west.
Global revolution is coming (some time in the next 20 years). Start preparing now. It hurts/scares me to say it. :(

[quote

I actually feel it depends how the internal battle goes in America. You have one side openly trying to flood the country and change it, it's a bigger issue for the world than Iran etc because if that place ends up at civil war then everything goes to shit. Blair tried it in the UK by deliberately flooding in people to change the culture but luckily was stopped before it was irreversible but fuck me did he do untold damage to that countries social balance.

The worst bit is they all do it from an elite position of they know what's best and none of them live anywhere that the decisions effect them.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I'll add the worst part to infect the Australian Parliament in the last decade is referring to new taxes as savings. It's so Orwellian and yeah it's the middle class that gets hit the most because they haven't moved tax brackets to reflect modern wages so yeah people struggling in middle class are constantly hit for more cash as by no means rich. It's like the bullshit tax cuts promised over 10 fucking years by the libs as if any are gonna happen or make a difference yet they'll throw in a new tax as a "regulation" that creates a "saving" and eat up the projected tax cut by double and smile and tell you it's all getting better for you.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!