Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Post by unfnknblvbl »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:his staffer knew he was married.. slept with him anyway.. their choice.. not my problem.

The problem I have is that Barnaby Joyce was one stand out opponent of same sex marriage. This is a man who wanted to protect the sanctity of marriage and yet had no qualms about fucking someone other than his wife, getting them knocked up and then leaving his wife.

The hypocrisy is delicious.
Gay marriage made him do it, duh.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

lestat wrote: Penny Wong has been caught being hypocritical several times, you're dealing with politicians here where they serve greater masters, they're also narcissistic types who are usually self serving and lust power/control.

Not surprised and for the record I never wished to deny rights, I just wanted them to be named differently.
Penny Wong towed the party line even when it was the opposite to her beliefs. For that I will always have an element of disappointment for her there.

Barnaby Joyce was fucking a party staffer.. which is the opposite to the various he took surrounding the sanctity of marriage. He pushed the importance of marriage being between a man and a woman... yet didn't respect it.

As for not wanting to deny rights.. just wanting a different name for them.. Can you give me an example where this is currently in practice in society? As in.. an example where a group of people are given the same rights but it's called something different? I actually can't think of an example hence why I am asking.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Is that like if you're critical of Islam then you're racist (which will never make sense to me) and Islamaphobic, but if you're critical of Jews then you're antisemitic...unless you're actually muslim because then it's just a belief system and if you're critical of Christianity then apparently it doesn't even require a label. Sometimes things do get called by different names even though they're the same thing.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

You could say that is an example.. but it's not one that actually works or is embraced by society as a whole nor is it a positive thing.. hence why it doesn't quite work ;)
I'm not looking for a fight because the fight is won... but surely wanting 2 identical things called something different isn't exactly inclusive.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Yeah agreed, it won't work because it won't feel inclusive and that seems to be the main issue. It'd only work if secular Australians embraced whatever the new name was as well, i.e. anyone who doesn't want to be unionised "under the eyes of God" gets <insert name, like Miserable>. I've been miserable for 5 years, you'd say. Same thing, different name. I may have already said this in the past, I don't remember. Doesn't matter now anyway.
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:Penny Wong has been caught being hypocritical several times, you're dealing with politicians here where they serve greater masters, they're also narcissistic types who are usually self serving and lust power/control.
The ALP deserves endless shit for this, but I've secretly admired Penny Wong for how she handled it. It must have chewed her up inside, but she showed good qualities in the process, qualities that would make her a good leader.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Madmya wrote:The ALP deserves endless shit for this, but I've secretly admired Penny Wong for how she handled it. It must have chewed her up inside, but she showed good qualities in the process, qualities that would make her a good leader.
Completely agree.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:
lestat wrote: Penny Wong has been caught being hypocritical several times, you're dealing with politicians here where they serve greater masters, they're also narcissistic types who are usually self serving and lust power/control.

Not surprised and for the record I never wished to deny rights, I just wanted them to be named differently.

Penny Wong towed the party line even when it was the opposite to her beliefs. For that I will always have an element of disappointment for her there.
Barnaby Joyce was fucking a party staffer.. which is the opposite to the various he took surrounding the sanctity of marriage. He pushed the importance of marriage being between a man and a woman... yet didn't respect it.
So Barnaby Joyce towed the party line while clearly his beliefs on monogamy are at odds with that. I'm not seeing a huge difference here where politicians lie to the public when their own beliefs/circumstances are at odds with it.

He's a scumbag and done though, because it's been exposed that his true beliefs are at odds with the party base. Penny didn't even care to hide the fact, then again her support base is more "tolerant". ;)
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: As for not wanting to deny rights.. just wanting a different name for them.. Can you give me an example where this is currently in practice in society? As in.. an example where a group of people are given the same rights but it's called something different? I actually can't think of an example hence why I am asking.
We already have it dude, it's called defacto and marriage. Family law has lots of overlapping parts.
Madmya wrote: The ALP deserves endless shit for this, but I've secretly admired Penny Wong for how she handled it. It must have chewed her up inside, but she showed good qualities in the process, qualities that would make her a good leader.
Or she could have done what others in her position have done and left and formed their own party or become independent. She is in the senate so it's not like it hasn't been done 1000 times before already, small parties are effective there. Then again the allure of power is probably why she sucked it up and stuck it out with the ALP.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... 4yzzp.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The 33-year-old was then given a new well-paid role with Resources Minister Matt Canavan, a close ally and fellow former staffer of Mr Joyce. Reports have suggested the job carried a salary of about $190,000 a year.
What blows my mind is what these staffers get in salary, these public sector staffers earn significantly more than they would in private industry, it's a such a friggen rort.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

lestat wrote: So Barnaby Joyce towed the party line while clearly his beliefs on monogamy are at odds with that. I'm not seeing a huge difference here where politicians lie to the public when their own beliefs/circumstances are at odds with it.

He's a scumbag and done though, because it's been exposed that his true beliefs are at odds with the party base. Penny didn't even care to hide the fact, then again her support base is more "tolerant". ;)
Your statement would be true if he was being unfaithful for the duration of his marriage. Alas we can neither confirm nor deny that.. until at least any other women come forward. Penny Wong went with the percentage play.. Joyce did not. Wong followed her party.. Joyce followed his dick. Some might say it's the same.. but really.. it's not.
lestat wrote: We already have it dude, it's called defacto and marriage. Family law has lots of overlapping parts.
Except that society doesn't completely see it that way in terms of tradition and various religious stances also. Since there are overlapping parts.. not all parts do in fact overlap. It isn't identical. Due to the changes.. we can now say we that we do in fact have both.. so yes.. now that straight and gay couples can be bothe de facto and now married.. it's fine. It wasn't in the context I was asking your originally though.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

You're right, it's not the same. Barnaby dogged his wife and as you say, followed his dick. Wong is a traitor to the ENTIRE gay community. I'm still dirtier on Wong. In relationships people sometimes cheat. It's not a good thing but it happens. I still think stupid Barnaby believes in his idea of what marriage means regardless of whether or not he was able to stand by his morals. But Wong denied what she knew to be true just to hold her career up, simply denying a huge amount of people a basic right just to keep her pay cheque. If you don't think that's cuntier you're *probably biased.
Last edited by Cletus on 12 Feb 2018 07:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

You do know defacto was brought in to side step the religious aspect of marriage as a union.

Gay marriage will never really involve religion so you can see that extending power of the non religion based law makes more logical sense.

That was my argument all along.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Cletus wrote:You're right, it's not the same. Barnaby dogged his wife and as you say, followed his dick. Wong is a traitor to the ENTIRE gay community. I'm still dirtier on Wong. In relationships people sometimes cheat. It's not a good thing but it happens. I still think stupid Barnaby believes in his idea of what marriage means regardless of whether or not he was able to stand by his morals. But Wong denied what she knew to be true just to hold her career up, simply denying a huge amount of people a basic right just to keep her pay cheque. If you don't think that's cuntier you're biased.
I don't think she needed her career being held up.. she just stood by the party platform.. which is disappointing and not what I would have done.. especially since I believe her to have a fairly decent amount of clout in the party...

I always saw it as a shit thing.. but it was a battle for another day.. a day that has come.. been won.. and now is a thing of the past.
lestat wrote:You do know defacto was brought in to side step the religious aspect of marriage as a union.

Gay marriage will never really involve religion so you can see that extending power of the non religion based law makes more logical sense.

That was my argument all along.
I actually suspect this will change.. there are churches that are coming around.. not by force.. but by the realisation that they are losing members because of it. As I've said repeatedly.. people could get married without the religious aspect.. which is what we wanted.. de facto isn't the same as that process... it's not how we are ultimately raised to think is in store for us..

It's done now.. and as you can see.. the sky didn't fall.. and cats and dogs aren't together... We just have Barnaby Joyce boinking his staffer.. about to have his baby.. .. his soon to be ex-wife running over all his clothes with a ride on lawn mower.. one of his daughters with a megaphone going up and down main street screaming how awful a man he is..

It's like a GOP person wanting to ban marriage.. only to be found fucking hookers..
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

In an age where no one is willing to give an inch on their beliefs, leading to widening divisions and stalemates, Wong compromised. Some would call it weak but it's pretty obvious she is not that at all. I dunno, these days I just think it's the ALP that deserves the brunt of the criticism.

World politics is so depressing right now.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

one of his daughters with a megaphone going up and down main street screaming how awful a man he is..
Wait, did this happen?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I found it odd why 9 didn't put another Gay couple on this years married at first sight, considering how big the marriage debate has been. I know last season the marriage fizzled very quickly, you would think though there would be others lining up though.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

lestat wrote: Family law has lots of overlapping parts.
Ironically its the lack of overlapping parts that delivers you to the Family Court.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Wong toed the line but she was still actively campaigning internally for a policy change. That’s how it works within party politics. The current leadership has the final say on the day but those in the party room and their many staff never stop pushing to get their own agendas up.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

This article nails it.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... 4z03k.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why hasn't he resigned yet? It's bloody disgraceful and infuriating the sense of entitlement these bastards have.

Pep we saw the interesting demographics where liberal seats voted yes and labor ones voted no, so I'm not sure if Wong's internal struggle would have got up in the end.

Labor is corrupted by the unions and Chinese, this country is doomed. Corruption and entitlement galore.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

haha Penny Wong didn't do it out of some party before self, she is genuinely a crap politician, runs on identity politics and changes her tune to suit the current political narrative. When she realised there was a more than likely chance it was going to happen well out came the water works and the it's not fair back pedalling, if she were from a centre right party the media would have had a field day. She has achieved nothing and all she seems is to want to appear to "talk tough" without backing it up, a fine specimen of exactly why our politicians are so poor these days, no real world experience. Let's not forget (which happens to easily in Aus politics) how terrible she was when in government especially as the finance minister. It was abysmal, then in Australia these same fucks hang around and when the government changes the media etc expect to suddenly get a better performance, it's hilarious. Look at Turnbull a prime example of this. A complete dud as the leader, a dud in EVERY portfolio he has held yet he was excused as simply bored for his performances as the media were eager for him to become PM, only then will he shine because the past track record clearly had no indication of his leadership skills. What's that? He becomes PM and is just as terrible with all the same issues as his abysmal time as leader, fuck who'd have thought that would happen!? Crazy, shock!! John Howard may be the only one who completely ineptly fucked it and was able to then come back and lead and lead strongly. The talk of Abbott coming back, it's like I don't care the talk he talks once he is out, you had your chance, he will end up like all the rest falling into the same leadership issues that he had before.

Barnabys done his own self in here, if you campaign as a virtuous family man and then bang the help and then (I haven't kept up much so might not be right) leave them both then it's not his opponents that are his problem, it's his own party won't want him leading it.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Froggy wrote:... exactly why our politicians are so poor these days, no real world experience.
It's so true, they start with joining a union at university and they never really leave that environment, ending up with a warped sense of reality.

Agree that going back to a leader that has previously been ousted is a terrible idea. We saw it with Rudd, then inexplicably the LNP committed the same crime. It still amazes me the party re-elected Turnbull.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Madmya wrote:
Froggy wrote:... exactly why our politicians are so poor these days, no real world experience.
It still amazes me the party re-elected Turnbull.
Cult of personality and the uniparty. You'll find that there's hardly any in the liberal party these days prepared to take on the media and opposition to stand up for what they believe in, it's just too hard. You know straight off the bat you are up against a huge amount of not for profit "charities, organisations" that will come at you with the activist media. When (this applies to both sides) you general way to parliament these days is student politics, some sort of law degree, a job at a party affiliated law firm before parachuting into a seat the thought of actually having to fight for your ideas and fight back against the core group of people you are actually part of is too much effort. What's that, the echo chamber of Canberra says Malcolms a genius, oh he's failed at every portfolio he had and epically failed at opposition leader but he'll be great because he isn't personally challenged until he is leader then it must be true, I'll vote him in and ditch the elected guy.

You wanna know why the pile on to Barnaby is so big? He was one of the few who did stand up for whatever he believed in and that made life slightly harder for his own side hence no one is going to defend him, he's living a week being Trump. He won't get out of this one though because he literally just campaigned on family values whilst he was doing the dodgy on his wife and knocking up his employee.. in any other career you'd just shrug your shoulders once discovered and walk away from that job and move on but not politicians.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Well.

How about that spill hey?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Turnbullz is toast, just a matter of how long now.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Under an unfunk-designed constitution, any deposed leader must immediately resign from parliament.

You can't tell me that Abbott sticking around is a Good Thing for anybody but Bill Shorten, any more than Rudd sticking around was good for anyone but Abbott.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I don't agree, but understand no one wins when these former leaders just sit out the back and undermine the new leader. Beazley was able to be a productive member if I remember clearly.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Yeah well that's because he wasn't a shit bloke.