Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Vzzzbx
Bob Brown’s Rainbow Cumrag
XBL ID: Fairlie Arrow
PSN ID: vzbxvzbx
Steam ID: vzbxvzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Oh, and seeing slime like Abbott and Robb be effectively usurped by moderates like Nelson and Turnbull has been wonderful. At last, those of us with a conscience will have a choice once again.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Vzzzbx wrote:Still, it's a start, and Australia is already a far less embarrassing country than it was just a year ago.
Cause he signed a piece of paper and uttered a five letter word?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

westical wrote:
Vzzzbx wrote:Still, it's a start, and Australia is already a far less embarrassing country than it was just a year ago.
Cause he signed a piece of paper and uttered a five letter word?
Better than flat out refusing to say it...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

dnftt unfnk
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Vzzzbx wrote:dnftt unfnk
did... did you just hit keys at random there, or what?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

do not feed the trolls, dude
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild

Post by westical »

Says Vz on the seventh page.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild

Post by westical »

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 90,00.html
MUSIC fans might soon have their iPods searched by Customs officers at airport checks and face jail if a large amount of pirated music is found on them.

The push for the unprecedented searches of travellers' laptops and MP3 players has been revealed in a leaked discussion paper relating to a treaty being negotiated by the Federal Government.

Thanks Labor voters!
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Like that's gonna be easy to police...
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

How exactly are they going to tell the difference between legitimate and illegitimate on the devices themselves?

Are they going to confiscate my iPod because I could strip all my ripped stuff and still have 500 completely legit (i.e. actually bought from iTunes) tracks on it.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Yea thanks labor voters, a liberal government would have probably given the US record labels agreement the go ahead.

Furthermore, what did these people think the things were being sold for in the first place (mp3 players that is)? Oh thats right I forgot, legit itunes mp3s. Just like bongs are onsale for tobacco use. Duh
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Talez wrote:How exactly are they going to tell the difference between legitimate and illegitimate on the devices themselves?
I would imagine the onus would be on you.
Are they going to confiscate my iPod
They'll probably give it back when they release you from jail.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Alcopop tax backfires as young turn to spirits

By Alison Rehn

July 28, 2008 12:01am
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

IT was meant to reduce the amount alcohol being consumed by young people, but it seems Kevin Rudd's tax on alcopops has had the opposite effect.

New figures from the Liquor Merchants Association of Australia show Mr Rudd's 70 per cent tax hike on alcopops has resulted in the more expensive RTDs (ready-to-drink products) being left on shelves, while full-strength bottles of spirits are walking out the door.

The Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia (DSICA) claims the data proves Mr Rudd's plan to tackle binge drinking has backfired.

Last month, drinkers bought 30 per cent less alcopops than they did in April - before the RTD tax hike was imposed.

However sales of full-strength bottled spirits rose 46 per cent.

DSICA admits seasonal factors are at play, but is convinced the tax hike has still pushed up consumption.

It said overall there was a 10 per cent increase in the number of standard spirit drinks sold last month, compared with April.

"The complete failure of the controversial RTD tax trial has been exposed," said DSICA's Stephen Riden. "An extra 21 million standard spirit drinks, or 266,000 litres of alcohol, were sold after the introduction of the 70 per cent tax increase on ready-to-drink products."
Wuh-oh!
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild

Post by westical »

Failproof plan.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Madmya wrote:New figures from the Liquor Merchants Association of Australia show Mr Rudd's 70 per cent tax hike on alcopops has resulted in the more expensive RTDs (ready-to-drink products) being left on shelves, while full-strength bottles of spirits are walking out the door.

The Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia (DSICA) claims the data proves Mr Rudd's plan to tackle binge drinking has backfired.
laugh.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Yeah, that story wasn't even a day old before it was discredited: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 316888.htm
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild

Post by westical »

For this year, other spirit sales went up by 7 per cent but the Government says this shows a similar trend to the same time last year when sales of full strength spirits rose by 10 per cent.
laugh
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The government being the tax office. The dsica being an organisation representing alcohol manufacturers, their interests and their profitability.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Hey westy, when I had my tooth pulled a few months back, I had to buy a bunch of drinking straws so I could, you know, drink stuff, but I only ended up using a couple of them.

There's about ninety left... if you give me your address, I'd be happy to send them to you so you've got something physical to clutch at, if you want?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

MUSIC fans might soon have their iPods searched by Customs officers at airport checks and face jail if a large amount of pirated music is found on them.

The push for the unprecedented searches of travellers' laptops and MP3 players has been revealed in a leaked discussion paper relating to a treaty being negotiated by the Federal Government.

That is some frightening shit right there.

As for the all new alco-pop tax, I can't believe that anyone can possibly believe/defend that this hasn't had a knock on effect to increased sales of other alcohol and drugs?
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild

Post by westical »

I'd prefer your Kevin07 shirt.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I don't have one, sorry. I'm not as much of a Labor fanboi as you are a Liberal one, obviously.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Liberal shirts are hard to spot, because the logos are in really fine print and most of them are crossed out.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild

Post by westical »

The tide is turning.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24154541-2,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THE Labor Government is clinging to power after suffering a massive swing against it the Northern Territory polls.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild

Post by westical »

The tide has turned in to a tsunami...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/lan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 99508.html
THE Dominello Effect has devastated the NSW Labor Party, with a relatively unknown Liberal rocketing into Parliament in a huge byelection swing last night.

As predicted in last week's Sun-Herald/Taverner poll, lawyer Victor Dominello, 41, romped home with a swing of more than 20 per cent in John Watkins's old seat of Ryde.

Prior to yesterday's poll, Labor held the seat with a 10 per cent margin - that comfortable buffer now belongs to the Liberal Party.

The Ryde result points to annihilation for Labor in 2011, with up to 40 of its 52 lower house seats lost if the swing were replicated statewide.

The Sydney swings were expected by Labor but many in the party were stunned by the extent of the voter backlash. Apart from a 23 per cent swing in Ryde, Labor suffered swings against it of 23 per cent in Cabramatta and 13 per cent in Lakemba.

WA lost, NT decimated, NSW revolting, QLD going the same way, won't be long until KRudd is next.