Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I saw Kim Beazley yesterday, pulling into Government House here in Perth (he's the Governor).

I can't believe these muppets in Canberra have learned nothing in ~10 years. Howard's successors aren't fit to tie his shoelaces. The Libs should split, the nutters should leave and join Pauline, Bob, Fraser and friends in some weirdo Queensland-based party with GameHED as their party president, or the normals should leave and reform the Democrats or something :lol:

Or they should bring back Johnny :aussie:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

As much as I hate Howard, I agree. Hell, they should bring back John Hewson. He wasn't a shit bloke either.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

The difference is Beazley was never PM, they become fucktards when they are PM and then lose the job as there's nowhere left to climb. If you are in opposition changing leaders is not uncommon, well used to be especially coming into an election when everyone who has eyes on being PM decides they might want to challenge. If you are Beazley it's best not to be a dick because you still want to be re-elected leader at some point for your shot at PM, just like how Howard played it before Bomber. If you are Rudd, the Tone, Gillard then you have no incentive to go quietly.

It's not even Tone behind this one anyway, Turnbull's just shit and always has been as a politician. If you want Howard back the people you refer to as the "crazies" in the liberals are the ones taking policy stances he would take :lol:

We went from having people either side who when becoming PM were actually up to the job for years to hitting the perfect quadrangle of failures:

Rudd - Runs American style campaign, the original #metoo, I'm just like Johnny but I'm younger and I'll do exactly what he's doing just slightly better yeah meee Kev07. Early on it becomes obvious he doesn't have the ability or experience to handle the job of PM gets rolled

Gillard - Good politican, for all purposes seemed like a competent hand. Gets the job and becomes fucking wedded to identity politics, is all over the shop and again quickly obvious the jobs too much for her

Tone - Rolls along in opposition leader, looks like he'll be a capable PM.. has had decades of learning, minister in goverment, oppo leader for 6 years and then completely shits the bed as well as having Hockey also panic as soon as he got the job and fucking implode, when Tone goes I've learnt "Yeah nah bud on your bike u had your chance".. lets face it no one ever changes we seen that we Rudd.

Big Mal - Was completely inept since he entered the public arena, completely failed at the republic push, failed in his first stint as leader because he couldn't do it, failed in every portfolio he's had and then proceeds to wait for it, be completely abysmal as PM. Given his history as completely useless it was obvious to everyone but the bizarrely adoring media that he'd be just as terrible as he was in 09. I've never seen an Aus pol besides Bob Brown get a pass on being completely inept by the media because "Oh he's bored", "He needs the big challenge of being PM to perform, its not stimulating enough" shit like that.

I'm not sure if Dutton get's in, he will have long enough to actually do anything except not be Malcolm, Shorten's already shown he isn't capable (wouldn't be shocked if he gets rolled just before election or someone tries), plibersek fuck me and on the liberal side anyone who might be capable are a few more elections away from being ready to even be considered.

All in all it doesn't really matter, I'm not sure what the differing points are now anyway between the two parties, the worry for the MSM is Dutton will represent a complete difference. I can guarantee day 1 once he gets voted in as PM by the party he will be the most racist, islamophobic, gay hating person that ever lived by the MSM if they haven't started beating those drums already.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

It'll be years before I stop submitting a donkey vote. That's my form of protest. I refuse to vote for one shitbag over another shorter shitbag.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Yeah that's it, too many shit blokes in this world today.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Froggy wrote:Tone - Rolls along in opposition leader, looks like he'll be a capable PM..
:lol: :lol: :lol: Holy shit, I didn't think anybody ACTUALLY thought that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

It's back on again!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Froggy wrote:
Gillard - Good politican, for all purposes seemed like a competent hand. Gets the job and becomes fucking wedded to identity politics, is all over the shop and again quickly obvious the jobs too much for her
I agree with this to a point.... or more accurately - just to define what you said -

"Gillard - Good politican, for all purposes seemed like a competent hand. Gets the job and gets the most bills passed BUT becomes fucking wedded to identity politics, which cripples her ability to be seen as resourceful and competent. Trying to do the top job and be something you're not then overwhelms her image and her ability"

:)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Can we rename this thread "a game of knives"?
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

ScoMo!

Did you catch Chris Uhlmann unleashing on Sky opinion shows, 2gb and News Corp?

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/08/23/10/ ... orporation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Froggy wrote:It's not even Tone behind this one anyway
:lol: :lol:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Say what you want about Gillard, at least she had the decency to knife Rudd mostly out of the public view.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Labor works differently, she was installed by factional bosses not by knifing. To get rid of a prick like Turnbull he deserves getting his own back, I reckon Morrison jumping in is another fuck you to him because he leaked and ruined him when he became a threat near last election and brought him in to heel.

I don't think aussie Bill is gonna be Labor leader next election either not without a challenge anyway, the hardest time to be opposition leader is going into an election with a huge lead in the polls because everyone who thinks they are half a chance starts trying to organise for the last minute coup and swoop in for the big job.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Ambrose Burnside

I don't think aussie Bill is gonna be Labor leader next election either not without a challenge anyway, the hardest time to be opposition leader is going into an election with a huge lead in the polls because everyone who thinks they are half a chance starts trying to organise for the last minute coup and swoop in for the big job.
Won't happen. They also changed the rules after Rudd-Gillard-Rudd to prevent that sort of BS.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Turns out Dutton could only count to potato :lol:
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

:D

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/entertain ... ys-nation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

The only way this could have been funnier is if the GG dismissed government in a John Kerr-like move... :lol: :lol:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Jesus, that's fucking terrible! Looser!

Disappointed the Libs didn't pick Bishop, she should have been picked over Malcolm from the start. Malcolm was a mistake from the very beginning, they'd already had him as an opposition leader and he divided the party then and they somehow didn't expect it to happen this time.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

guttermouth wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I cannot fathom how SHY is a single mother, surely men are flocking for a piece of that...
Ambrose Burnside

ABC election analyst Antony Green has taken just over an hour to call the Wentworth by-election in favour of independent candidate Kerryn Phelps.

On a disastrous night for the Liberal Party, early results showed a swing of more than 20 per cent against its candidate Dave Sharma.

Counting is continuing, however with almost 10 cent of the vote counted, Mr Sharma secured only 35 per cent of first preferences.

The seat has been held by the Liberal Party, and its predecessors, since Federation.

Mr Green said the early results were "terrible" for the Liberal Party.
Oh dear
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Terrible for the liberal party but not a hugely surprising result.

ScoMo has already been a far stronger leader than Turnbull ever was.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Madmya wrote:ScoMo has already been a far stronger leader than Turnbull ever was.
If you equate "combative" with "strong" then yeah. His speech at Sharma's concession last night was completely atrocious. Not one iota of contrition, zero humility, and managed to make it an angry tirade against Shorten/Labor. An utter shambles.

...but as it turns out, it might be too early for all of that. The count has narrowed to just 884 votes, with 2692 votes left to count. Current projections based on trends (which is a terribly optimistic way of doing it) shows Phelps winning with a margin of 140 votes or so.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

So, Melbourne to become the new London or San Francisco huh?
Seemed like it was already half way there when I was down there last year.
Shame.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Yep where fucked