The Wikipedia Thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

The Wikipedia Thread

Post by selfish »

oh dear
Here's an interesting leak, if true. Someone ("Yellow Rose", or YR) is a mole within a religious group trying to subvert the Wikipedia:

YR gathered intell on a baker's dozen fundamentalist techno-geeks, resembling a cult within a cult, who have become Wikipedians. Lacking a Y chromosome and being thus subordinated to menial church chores, she could not herself get closer than the loneliest of the 13 guys, but the Pentecostal sexual prohibitions at least afforded her the ability to avoid sacrifices espionage agents often have to make. YR emphasizes that their names mean nothing, and their ages mean less, and that the country they come from is called Texas. They were brought up there and taught there the church to abide, and that the worldview they live, by has God on its side. Empowered by God, and led by a charismatic, MIT, computer science sophomore (who also plays lead guitar in a Christian rock band), this squad-size cohort of Christian soldiers is chipping away at Wikiscience, in subject areas entirely predictable. Clever they are too, in taking advantage of Wikiethics, specifically NPOV (i.e., Neutral Point of View), where all views must be represented, even if demonstrably incorrect; any fundamentalist worth his salt can drive a truck threw such a loop hole, and they have begun doing so. Intelligent design and biblical floods are being commingled with Darwin and DNA. The process is so far more apparent on the discussion pages than on actual pages, where God's soldiers employ a Pentecostal version of good cop, bad cop. The bad cop is an apparent Christian trying to interject religion where science contradicts his worldview, and the good cop(s) is disguised as an atheist lending support by invoking the NPOV rule.

This wouldn't be at all surprising. Creationists really aren't necessarily stupid—just wrong, deluded, and dedicated to advocating a stupid point of view.
mech? pat? comments please gentlemen
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

well dirty christians are usually numbnuts who can't handle someone believing something else, it's unfathomable.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

Froggy wrote:well dirty christians are usually numbnuts who can't handle someone believing something else, it's unfathomable.
I've seen that from most religions, it's not something unique to Christianity, and is probably more of a fault of humans in general.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I think religion breeds amongst ignorance. The fact that it (the church and various organisations) similarly have the opportunity to amass large sums of money purely for the purpose to shape governments (and research) is a dangerous thing.

Until such time as religion is dead and buried, I see no reason why we arent doomed to war after war after war.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Pat wrote:I think religion breeds amongst ignorance. The fact that it (the church and various organisations) similarly have the opportunity to amass large sums of money purely for the purpose to shape governments (and research) is a dangerous thing.

Until such time as religion is dead and buried, I see no reason why we arent doomed to war after war after war.
If religion is dead and buried, then we'll just have to come up with some new excuses. Or dust up old ones like Lebensraum. So maybe you should have said:
Pat wrote:Until such time as humanity is dead and buried, I see no reason why we arent doomed to war after war after war.
I hear a good way to achieve that goal is waging war :wink:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

DID YOU KNOW THE OTHER DAY I LEARNT THAT SIDEBURNS WAS NAMED AFTER AMBROSE BURNSIDE??
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Madmya wrote:DID YOU KNOW THE OTHER DAY I LEARNT THAT SIDEBURNS WAS NAMED AFTER AMBROSE BURNSIDE??
IT'S TRUE! :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

In Wikipedia no less..
Burnside was noted for his unusual facial hair, joining strips of hair in front of his ears to his mustache, but with chin clean-shaven; the word burnsides was coined to describe this style. The syllables were later reversed to give sideburns.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I learnt that the other day too. It was a question on temptation.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Speaking of wiki's we now have our own to play with.

http://www.games-ranch.com/wiki" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

http://games-ranch.com/wiki/index.php/Nintendo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking good already!
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Ahahahaha
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

GreyWizzard wrote:I learnt that the other day too. It was a question on temptation.
hahah yep, Grey knows where it's at!
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p