MetallicA fans...

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: MetallicA fans...

Post by guttermouth »

Danko Jones :up: KYUSS :up: :up:
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

lol yeah some fucking stupid band names there. woe, is me and chunk! no, captain chunk. again :wtf:

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

MetallicA fans...

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Any of u blokes gonna go hit the Melb Soundwave gig? I recon I'll be there.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Thinking about it.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

I'm there

unless tomby is going :t0mby:
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

I wasn't but Slayer tipped me over the edge. Now I get no rest from you cunts!
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

am going
Misly
Blackened is the end
XBL ID: Misly

Post by Misly »

Woo hoo. Got tickets for melbourne. So fucking excited.
:rock:
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIJPxxoF7dw#![/youtube]

this is great :up:
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Misly
Blackened is the end

Post by Misly »

:up:

Helps people get over their instrument bias and enjoy more music. Highlights MetallicA's compositional genius!

I said it before - If Bach was alive today he would be a metal head.

Check her videos for your favourite band - she has done so much.
Misly
Blackened is the end

Post by Misly »

Misly
Blackened is the end

Post by Misly »

Congratulations MetallicA!
MetallicA wrote:We like to make it a point here not to bore you with the not-so-exciting business aspects of making and sharing music, but we're so psyched about our new adventure that we just had to tell you about it as we officially launch our very own record label, Blackened Recordings.
Here

I like how the logo looks like a battered flag still flying proudly.
Misly
Blackened is the end

Post by Misly »

METALLICA CHRISTMAS LIGHTS 2012 HD
Battery at 2:54 is pretty cool...
Misly
Blackened is the end

Post by Misly »

Stuff about the 3D MetallicA movie announced.

[Click to see hidden content]
Metclub wrote:M3D
January 15, 2013

We're back with an update on that little project we told you about last year... the Metallica 3D movie filmed in Vancouver in August of 2012. Some of you were kind enough to be a huge part of our three nights of filming and may be wondering just what the heck has been happening since then. Throughout the Fall and first part of this year, we've been working with director Nimród Antal and a team of editors to pull all the pieces together and so we are beyond excited to now actually have a release date and a title... drum-roll please, "Metallica Through The Never" coming to theatres on August 9!

We're also proud to announce that we will be teaming up with independent film marketing and distribution company Picturehouse to help us spread the love in theatres. Like your friends in 'Tallica, Picturehouse is truly independent, take big chances and often think outside of the box. Founder Bob Berney has overseen the releases of two of the most successful independent films ever, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and "The Passion of the Christ," while under his leadership Picturehouse acquired and released such acclaimed features as "Pan's Labyrinth" (winner of three Academy Awards and "La Vie en Rose" (winner of two Academy Awards, including best actress for Marion Cotillard) as well as many other cutting edge, critically acclaimed and award winning films.

It goes without saying that we are really just getting rolling here and will have many more updates for you. And of course, we can't wait for you to see the film!!
Official Press Release
Picturehouse and some boobies wrote:PICTUREHOUSE REOPENS ITS DOORS WITH FOUNDER BOB BERNEY AT THE HELM

Theatrical Distributor's First New Release Will Be the Highly Anticipated Feature Film Metallica Through The Never

Company has Signed Multi-Year Output Deal with Netflix

January 15, 2013, New York City — Picturehouse, the full-service independent film marketing and distribution company started in 2005, is reopening its doors with founder Bob Berney at the helm. Berney will serve as CEO and Jeanne Berney will serve as President of the relaunched company, which will continue to be based in New York.

"We are absolutely thrilled to be back in business under the Picturehouse banner," said Mr. Berney, who recently acquired the trademark and logo from Warner Bros. "We worked very hard to build it into a brand known for acquiring exciting, challenging and entertaining films from the U.S. and around the world, and helping them find their audiences."

Picturehouse's first new release will be Metallica Through The Never a feature film starring members of the iconic rock band and Dane DeHaan (Chronicle, The Amazing Spider-Man 2). DeHaan plays a young band crew member who is sent out on an urgent mission while the band is playing a rousing live set in front of a sold-out crowd and unexpectedly finds his world turned completely upside down. The film, written and directed by Nimród Antal (Kontroll, Predators), is due in theaters August 9. One of the bestselling rock acts of all time, Metallica has sold over 105 million albums worldwide.

"Nim and the band have made a film that really captures the spirit of Metallica and their millions of loyal fans," said Mr. Berney. "It's an entertaining genre film with a concert inside it, a fun ride featuring an exciting young actor, Dane DeHaan. It's a very cool project to reboot Picturehouse with."

Added Metallica drummer and founding member Lars Ulrich: "Metallica's way of doing things is to jump into unexplored creative endeavors with no safety net whatsoever. Putting this movie together for the last couple of years has been a pretty wild ride, and we've definitely done our share of flying without a net! Bringing Bob and Jeanne and the new Picturehouse team in at this point provides us with a much needed level of security for the distribution of the film. Their spirit of independence and desire to work outside the box is something we can relate to in every way, and this makes them both a welcome addition and a natural fit in the Metallica family."

Picturehouse will acquire, market and theatrically distribute independent films from the U.S. and around the world. The company expects to release two or three films this year, increasing its output to four or five in 2014 and six or seven in subsequent years.

The company recently signed an exclusive, multi-year output deal with Netflix, the world's leading Internet television network. Picturehouse films will come to Netflix exclusively in the United States shortly after theatrical release.

"Bob and Jeanne are legendary tastemakers and innovators who were early partners with Netflix in bringing amazing movies like Pan's Labyrinth and La Vie en Rose to our service," said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. "Netflix members love independent films and the Berneys have indisputably great taste."

In addition, Picturehouse has secured a first look relationship with Warner Bros. Pictures International for films to which it has international distribution rights.

Mr. Berney headed the company when it was originally formed in April 2005 as a joint venture between HBO and New Line Cinema. Under his leadership, Picturehouse acquired and released such acclaimed features as Guillermo del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth (winner of three Academy Awards®); Olivier Dahan's La Vie en Rose (winner of two Academy Awards, including best actress for Marion Cotillard); Sergei Bodrov's Mongol; Patricia Rozema's Kit Kittredge: An American Girl; Robert Altman's A Prairie Home Companion; and Seth Gordon's documentary The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. When Time Warner folded the operations of New Line and Picturehouse into the Warner Bros. family, the brand continued to live on through the home entertainment and television releases of the films.

Mr. Berney, who has founded and operated some of the most successful independent film distribution and marketing companies of the last decade, has overseen the U.S. theatrical releases of blockbusters such as My Big Fat Greek Wedding and The Passion of the Christ as well as critically hailed films including Christopher Nolan's Memento, Alfonso Cuaron's Y Tu Mamá También and Niki Caro's Whale Rider.

Most recently, Mr. Berney co-founded and served as President, Theatrical Distribution of FilmDistrict, a multi-faceted acquisition, distribution, production and financing company, whose initial releases, Insidious, Soul Surfer, Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark and Drive, grossed over $150 million in domestic box office. Previously, as CEO of Apparition, Berney presided over the release of Bright Star, Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day, The Young Victoria and The Runaways.

Mr. Berney also served as President and Partner at Newmarket Films, releasing numerous features including Mel Gibson's $370 million-grossing The Passion of the Christ; Monster, for which Charlize Theron won the Best Actress Academy Award; and Whale Rider, a breakthrough family film that also received a Best Actress nomination. Newmarket sold its distribution operation to Time Warner as part of the formation of Picturehouse. Before that, Berney ran IFC Films, where he acquired and oversaw the release of films including the $240-million surprise hit My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Y Tu Mamá También.

Entertainment marketing veteran Jeanne Berney most recently served as Executive Vice President of Marketing at FilmDistrict. Before that, she was Executive Vice President of Marketing and Administration for Apparition.

Ms. Berney also served as Director of Public Relations and Marketing at the Film Society of Lincoln Center, where she was responsible for the campaigns for all of the Society's year-round programs. Previously, Ms. Berney ran the Film and Digital Entertainment Group at Rogers & Cowan and held publicity and promotion positions at Rysher Entertainment, Savoy Pictures and Miramax Films.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Misly wrote:I like how the logo looks like a battered flag still flying proudly.
Looks like a flying butt...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

Misly
Blackened is the end

Post by Misly »

I always enjoyed Jason Newsted's Vocals. I am impressed with his vocals on his new solo project: Newsted

Just released a 4 track EP. Simple titled Metal.

I was pleasantly impressed.

Ultimate Guitar EP review with description of the 4 tracks.
Ultimate Guitar wrote:Sound: After quitting Metallica back in 2001, Jason Newsted decided to form his own band under his own name. He hired some of his close friends and made his dream project come true. The first time I heard all the songs, it felt like it was an album made in the 80's or 90's (which isn't a bad thing). It's pretty old-school heavy metal. During those decades, metal songs were full of energy and attitude. And Newsted captures that energy pretty well.

The songs and riffs are very synonymous with Motörhead. Newsted's vocal is a mix-up of Lemmy and Testament's Chuck Billy. There was no doubt that, he was the best back-vocals of Metallica. But I had no idea that his vocals are that good. In terms of innovation and creativity, there's nothing we never heard of. It's a nostalgic ride to the "never lands" of heavy metal. // 8

Lyrics and Singing: If any word that sums up the lyrics of "Metal", it's "attitude". Like in the opening track "Soldierhead". There's lines like "I'll Make The Devil Sell His Soul". It really does pumps you up and makes you want to "headbang" (preferably Newsted's way of headbang). The music and the riffs matches superbly as well. Most of us has no idea about the guitarist (Jessie Farnsworth) and the drummer (Jesus Mendez Jr). But I have to say that, they've done a decent job. The riffs are top-class.

As for Jason "Jasonic" Newsted, his bass works are pretty awesome in "Soldierhead" (particularly in the bridge) and "King Of The Underdogs". And his vocals (as I said before) is mix-up of Lemmy and Chuck Billy. He has so much character in his vocals, they go on the with the songs and the lyrics pretty well. He is a fantastic composer. After all, he wrote "Blackened", "My Friend Of Misery" and "Where The Wild Things Are". Overall, I'm very impressed with the lyrics and vocals. Especially with the vocals. // 8

Impression: Here's a review of each songs:

1. "Soldierhead": The opening track is "over the top" metal song. It's probably the best song in this EP. The bridge is pretty awesome. Towards the end, it has a good solo (Nothing special though).

2. "Godsnake": Another awesome track. It has the crunch you want in a heavy metal song. The guitar works are top notch.

3. "King Of The Underdogs": This song is as impressive as the previous two. The solo has a "horror" feel to it. The ending is intense, which lefts you screaming "I'm the king of the underdogs". I know Metallica fans will find something similar, right at the end.

4. "Skyscraper": This song carries the momentum of the album. It is the longest song in the EP. But it is equally impressive.

This is an EP, which left you reeling for more. I hope this becomes a hit in the metal community. I love how Newsted decided to capture the energy of heavy metal. I wish they had a little more variety in their songs. But I'm not gonna blame them, as this is only a 4 song EP.

If you like old school metal or if you're a fan of Metallica, Motörhead, Testament, you're gonna love it. I suggest all the metal fans to buy this. Otherwise, you are missing an epic ride. And I sincerely hope that this project continues. As there are not many bands that can capture the essence of Heavy Metal as "Newsted & Co." does.
Here
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Motorhead's version of Whiplash is fucking excellent.

Fuck, so is Cannibal Corpse's version of No Remorse. I'd love to hear them cover the entire album!!
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

Misly wrote:I always enjoyed Jason Newsted's Vocals. I am impressed with his vocals on his new solo project: Newsted

Ultimate Guitar wrote:Sound: After quitting Metallica back in 2001, Jason Newsted decided to form his own band under his own name. He hired some of his close friends and made his dream project come true. The first time I heard all the songs, it felt like it was an album made in the 80's or 90's (which isn't a bad thing). It's pretty old-school heavy metal. During those decades, metal songs were full of energy and attitude. And Newsted captures that energy pretty well.

The songs and riffs are very synonymous with Motörhead. Newsted's vocal is a mix-up of Lemmy and Testament's Chuck Billy. There was no doubt that, he was the best back-vocals of Metallica. But I had no idea that his vocals are that good. In terms of innovation and creativity, there's nothing we never heard of. It's a nostalgic ride to the "never lands" of heavy metal. // 8

Lyrics and Singing: If any word that sums up the lyrics of "Metal", it's "attitude". Like in the opening track "Soldierhead". There's lines like "I'll Make The Devil Sell His Soul". It really does pumps you up and makes you want to "headbang" (preferably Newsted's way of headbang). The music and the riffs matches superbly as well. Most of us has no idea about the guitarist (Jessie Farnsworth) and the drummer (Jesus Mendez Jr). But I have to say that, they've done a decent job. The riffs are top-class.

As for Jason "Jasonic" Newsted, his bass works are pretty awesome in "Soldierhead" (particularly in the bridge) and "King Of The Underdogs". And his vocals (as I said before) is mix-up of Lemmy and Chuck Billy. He has so much character in his vocals, they go on the with the songs and the lyrics pretty well. He is a fantastic composer. After all, he wrote "Blackened", "My Friend Of Misery" and "Where The Wild Things Are". Overall, I'm very impressed with the lyrics and vocals. Especially with the vocals. // 8

1. "Soldierhead": The opening track is "over the top" metal song. It's probably the best song in this EP. The bridge is pretty awesome. Towards the end, it has a good solo (Nothing special though).

2. "Godsnake": Another awesome track. It has the crunch you want in a heavy metal song. The guitar works are top notch.

3. "King Of The Underdogs": This song is as impressive as the previous two. The solo has a "horror" feel to it. The ending is intense, which lefts you screaming "I'm the king of the underdogs". I know Metallica fans will find something similar, right at the end.

4. "Skyscraper": This song carries the momentum of the album. It is the longest song in the EP. But it is equally impressive.

This is an EP, which left you reeling for more. I hope this becomes a hit in the metal community. I love how Newsted decided to capture the energy of heavy metal. I wish they had a little more variety in their songs. But I'm not gonna blame them, as this is only a 4 song EP.

If you like old school metal or if you're a fan of Metallica, Motörhead, Testament, you're gonna love it. I suggest all the metal fans to buy this. Otherwise, you are missing an epic ride. And I sincerely hope that this project continues. As there are not many bands that can capture the essence of Heavy Metal as "Newsted & Co." does.
Here
Def going to check this out. I've always been a big defender of jason and miss his backup vocals!
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Misly wrote:I always enjoyed Jason Newsted's Vocals. I am impressed with his vocals on his new solo project: Newsted

Here
had a bit of listen of it today, I didnt enjoy it. I dont know if jason meant it or not, but the mix sounded like shit, especially the drums and guitar.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Lost my live Metallica virginity last night, freakin' awesome show. Loved it.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

nice!
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

awesome madmya i lost mine in 2010 :D

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

Good one madmya!

I may as well share one of the vids I took @ melb on friday. Fade to Black \m/
Misly
Blackened is the end

Post by Misly »

Today James Hetfield turned 50 and I got asked who MetallicA are - I'm getting old lol

Happy Birthday Papa Het - you old fart!