The Official Motorsport thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

thats awesome news!!...i'll be definately watching this one tonight. But it does make you think if Mark went light on the fuel or not...more then likely to be honest....I hope he gets a podium finish tonight.

Great job by Heikki as well to get pole position.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I've been a bit busy this weekend, and missed goings on.
Unbelievable.
Dick Johnson couldn't hide how gutted he is.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Yeah, I noticed that when I saw it yesterday... probably the most loyal team owner out of all of them, getting (essentially) kicked to the ground. Disappointed that Ford would do that :thumbsdown:
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

I'm kinda glad that Webber had that spin on the first lap. He has incredible pace (3rd fastest) in the conditions and is charging through the field. Great to watch :up:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

WAS great to watch while it lasted. Very frustrating race to watch. Gay arse Hamilton won and Webber spun 3 times. Argh.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

Well at least he had a better race than Massa.

Championship leader finishes last and spins 57 times. :lol:

Awesome to see Rubens get the podium - extremely unfortunate not to get 2nd place though!
jahooley

Post by jahooley »

I really hate the bias for Hamilton from Martin & James. Ted Kravitz pretty much spends the whole race in the McLaren Garage, with all of Lewis' celebrity friends like Ramsay, and I hate it when they show old man Hamilton... he always looks so smug. I won't deny it was a great drive from a good driver, I just thought it was a shame that he didn't make any mistakes like he has so unprofessionally done in the past.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

That's the thing - no one is denying that he's a fantastic driver...it's just his attitude and feeling of entitlement (which even Martin and James mentioned) which annoys everyone outside of England.

And if I hear "Senna-esque" from either of them again, I'll...do something!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Regarding Ford yeah the emotion re: tossing long standing supporters aside is shit but business is business and Ford Australia's poor market sales performance + lack of development vs competitors + lack of exports vs competitors makes it a fairly obligatory move.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Yet another win for Stoner!

That's 3 in a row. Pity he had such a horrible stretch earlier in the season because he's been in awesome form lately and is still 20 points away from the championship leader...which is Rossi (he came 2nd). Pedrosa crashed out and Stoner is now only 4 points behind him.

Vermeulen finished 3rd and Ant West finished in 10th.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

That was a fantastic race last night. I couldn't believe Pedrosa's misfortune, especially because he was ~7 seconds in front...

Go Vermeulen! A massive race for him.
jahooley

Post by jahooley »

Yea, Pedrosa was foolish to push hard even with that gap out in front. He's not even a good wet rider... unlike the Aussies! I'm very happy for Vermolen and its sweet to see Stoner get some grip on the championship. I think I'll be going to Phillip Island this year!
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Great to see Stoner win again but i was gunning for chris, great to see him get 3rd when he started 14th
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

So the results for Laguna...hmmm, maybe I'll hide it in case someone wants to watch a replay or something.

[Click to see hidden content]
I only just caught this on the news before so I haven't seen the whole race, but Rossi won with Stoner second and Vermeulen awesomely 3rd. Pedrosa of course didn't start due to his injuries. Lorenzo crashed again from being a stupid big-headed Spaniard (went over the top again - his legs must be just about rooted by now).

Casey wasn't too happy about some of the moves Rossi put on in the early part of the race, saying they were too aggressive. He ultimately ran wide into the dirt, put it down and then got started again so I guess he's lucky to still come away with second place. Rossi just said it was hard but fair. Hopefully we won't see them end up all pissy about this sort of stuff because generally it's been awesome watching them two go at it on the track and still manage to be respectful.

Casey is 25 points behind Rossi now, with Pedrosa 16 points behind him in 3rd.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

I had a DNF with the F1 last night. This is what happens when you try to watch from bed with your eyes closed.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

:lol:

It was a pretty uneventful race anyway, apart from Piquet/Renault's great/lucky strategy, Glock's big arsed crash and the usual spooging over everything Hamilton does from the commentary team.

The worst moment was when Hamilton came out onto the track from his first pit stop, and re joined the race just in front of Trulli. The coverage goes to a more instersting battle, than comes back 30 seconds or so later, where we now see that Trulli is in front of Hamilton.

To the commentators, this was simply unbelievable, and could in no way have been because Hamilton had a heavier car and colder tyres therefore making it quite possible for Trulli to simply pass him - apparently it must've been because Hamilton ran wide and let Trulli through.

They were still talking about it 10 minutes later.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Ohhh my god I reckon! It was such an insignificant moment and they kept dwelling on it.

It was a shit race though. Ferrari were uncompetitive and Webber's engine packed it in (from what I could understand with my constant flicking between that, the Tour and the golf). From that point on I didn't want to see Hamilton win and another smug speech.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Twit wrote:So the results for Laguna...hmmm, maybe I'll hide it in case someone wants to watch a replay or something.

[Click to see hidden content]
I only just caught this on the news before so I haven't seen the whole race, but Rossi won with Stoner second and Vermeulen awesomely 3rd. Pedrosa of course didn't start due to his injuries. Lorenzo crashed again from being a stupid big-headed Spaniard (went over the top again - his legs must be just about rooted by now).

Casey wasn't too happy about some of the moves Rossi put on in the early part of the race, saying they were too aggressive. He ultimately ran wide into the dirt, put it down and then got started again so I guess he's lucky to still come away with second place. Rossi just said it was hard but fair. Hopefully we won't see them end up all pissy about this sort of stuff because generally it's been awesome watching them two go at it on the track and still manage to be respectful.

Casey is 25 points behind Rossi now, with Pedrosa 16 points behind him in 3rd.
Yeah i must admit, as much as I enjoyed the stoush between Vale and Stoner, part of me was saying 'man, he's not giving an inch!'. As much as I love a good fight, I still have great respect for good sportsmanship too, and Vale has never been a good sportsman on the track.

If the tables were reversed and Vale was in Stoner's shoes, he would've been whining like a little bitch. :down:
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Almost forgot, go Chris!! 3rd in the dry, an awesome result.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

I'm glad to see that Cuntney's nuts have finally dropped, too bad he lost one of them in pit lane.

LOL !!! suck Budda, dickhead !
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Watching the f1's would be much better without the massively pro-Hamilton biased farking ITV pundits. At least we have the Stig in the booth tonight.

Hamilton's a cocksnort anyway.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

Fucking hell, worst luck for Massa. Drove a brilliant race, only to have his car die with 3 laps to go. Damn. Well atleast Hamilton had some bad luck too.

And it looks like the Red Bulls have lost their pace - they're no longer keeping up with the Toyotas and Renaults. In fact it would seem the Toyotas are matching if not bettering the BMWs for pace.

I do hope Alonso gets a drive with Ferrari next year - he's still the quickest driver on the track, so it would be great to see him with one of the front running teams again.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Haven't been in this thread for a while and I haven't been keeping up with f1 as much this year although I'm still keen.

The Hamilton hate is interesting. I've read he's had difficulty in coming across well sometimes but given his position on the track he hasn't had much time to warm up to media scrutiny and interviews. I can't imagine what it would be like for someone so young to be instantly successful in F1 of all sports. Given how some of the old stalwarts act (Flav) I'm impressed Hamilton is still coherant.
jahooley

Post by jahooley »

Yea, poor Massa. I was devostated for him. Particularly after that great move on Hamilton into the first corner off the line. It was brilliant because thats the exact kind of bold offensive move that Lewis would pull. So I loved that! Too bad Hamilton essentially got the last laugh. It was insane the amount of fires that were sparked from refuelling in pit lane too.