The Official Motorsport thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Yeah WTF was up with the refuelling rigs?
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Heavy rumours that Alonso may be heading to Honda next year.

Which would be very stupid of him.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Well done Marcos Ambrose winning his first NASCAR race. Good stuff.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Crap result for Stoner last night, but can you believe Ant West finishing 5th? Awesome effort from him, and Vermeulen was 6th. Rossi looks to be running away with the championship now, but it's been an impressive defence from Stoner.

Results:
http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRaci" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... o/Race.htm
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

Yea fucking disappointing, hey. There's still time left in the series to fight back, but you're right Twit, now that Rossi has two clean races ahead of Stoner, the confidence is there and on top of a great racing package to bring it home. They say the remaining rounds of the championship are the ones Stoner enjoys the most... I think Rossi will enjoy them even better. I'll still be backing Casey to the very end... I'd also back his missus! When the fuck is she gonna do a bikini shoot for Ralph mag or someshit?
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I've had a gutful of this tyre fiasco though, in the final standings the front half of the riders wear Bridgestone, the back half wear Michelin. That's stupid, give everyone Bridgestone and get on with it. Dani Pedrosa practically came last ffs, no crash, no engine trouble, just shit tyres.

Bad luck Casey. :(
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Wasn't it the other way around not all that long ago? It would be a pity to see a controlled tyre in my opinion - apart from their overall performance I think certain riders prefer the characteristics of certain tyre brands. I think Casey always preferred the Bridgestones even when they were not the best performing.

They need to do something to bring a little more parity to the tyre battle, but I don't think they should eliminate it completely by going controlled.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Yeah I don't know much about the tyre history - I'm a recent Moto GP convert since Chris V signed my bike. *swoon* :D

Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Nice one!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Is that a V-Strom Timbo?
RIGHTEOUS FURY
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

well done marcus ambrose first win in nascar

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

Bit late.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Another DNF for Stoner, another win for Rossi. Stoner's now in danger of losing 2nd place in the championship to Pedrosa (he's 2 points behind after finishing in 4th).

Vermeulen did well again and finished 5th. Ant West managed to not come last, but that's about all you can say. It's a pity we probably won't see him in MotoGP next year, with Melandri likely to take his spot at Kawasaki.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRaci" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... o/race.htm
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Game over for Stoner, all he can hope for is Rossi DNF's a few races and if that doesnt happen then to hold onto 2nd Place. Stoner will be back in 09!!!
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Elf, it's an SV1000S... *swoon*

Yeah shame about Stoner, I haven't even watched the race yet but from all accounts it was fairly ho-hum (after he went down). I heard Stoner was in front by a fair distance when he washed out again too... :(

I'd hate to have Rossi as the guy to beat, in any sport. He's just so damn... everything! Casey must REALLY enjoy being in front of him on the podium, I know I would.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

Holy shit Hamilton penalised 25 seconds which gives Massa the win? I do think he's a wanker, but I didn't think his cutting the chicane was that bad, especially as he gave his place back to Kimi. Also, I'm sure if his car was red he wouldn't have been penalised.

Wow. And Glock also got penalised, which moved Webber up to 8th :up:

Was a top race though. Spa is such a wicked track.

Oh, and Kimi is a chump. As much as I hated seeing him spin off like that to give Hamilton the lead, I couldn't help but laugh!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

F1 clearly don't mind having media and observers think they're either inept or rigging results. Ridiculous decision to strip McLaren of a win and gift Ferrari for an incident that resulted in no sporting advantage. The incident was nowhere near as bad as Ferrari/Massa's pitstop in Valencia which resulted in no drive-through/time penalty for Ferrari/Massa. Fuck I love hating Ferrari.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

I can't decide who I hate more - Ferrari or Hamilton. I was always a McLaren fanboy too, but I just can't bring myself to go for Hamilton. And Kovalainen is fucking useless.

Oh, and that start from Trulli was an absolute screamer! Shame Bourdais tried to keep up and ruined it for him.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:F1 clearly don't mind having media and observers think they're either inept or rigging results. Ridiculous decision to strip McLaren of a win and gift Ferrari for an incident that resulted in no sporting advantage. The incident was nowhere near as bad as Ferrari/Massa's pitstop in Valencia which resulted in no drive-through/time penalty for Ferrari/Massa. Fuck I love hating Ferrari.
Fuck i love loving Ferrari! :D But i have to agree with you on this one Pep. Strange decision indeed...
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

stanard wrote:Holy shit Hamilton penalised 25 seconds which gives Massa the win? I do think he's a wanker, but I didn't think his cutting the chicane was that bad, especially as he gave his place back to Kimi. Also, I'm sure if his car was red he wouldn't have been penalised.

Wow. And Glock also got penalised, which moved Webber up to 8th :up:

Was a top race though. Spa is such a wicked track.

Oh, and Kimi is a chump. As much as I hated seeing him spin off like that to give Hamilton the lead, I couldn't help but laugh!
Brilliant!!...loved the last 3 laps of that race last night :up:
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Wow that was awesome. I actually missed the race. That was pretty tough on Hamilton after watching that. He had greater pace. That ferrari looked to be shit in the wet.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

The more I watch it, the more I think that Hamilton was indeed in the wrong - but the penalty was far too harsh.

He gained an advantage through track position that he wouldn't have had - not momentum. It was a fantastic passing maneouvre that he pulled on Kimi, but it was one he would have never been able to do had he not cut the previous chicane - which he didn't need to do.

He simply attacked again far too soon - it's not just about giving the position back - you also have to give back any advantage you may have gained

He should've been penalised 5 grid positions or something for Monza - that would've been a much fairer penalty, and wouldn't have tarnished such a brilliant race.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah I agree with you on that one. He should've waited another corner before attacking again.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Given the fractions of seconds F1 drivers live by while racing it's an impossible ask to have Hamilton detach himself and file behind a Ferrari that is clearly a piece of shit in those conditions for a period of time that appears more savoury to us spectators including the stewards. It's clear the McLaren was vastly superior at the time. Hamilton went off to avoid a collision, cut a chicane, gave the position back and passed the start/finish line slower than the Ferrari thus proving no momentum advantage. Whether Raikkonen was passed at the next corner or the one after is largely immaterial given how inevitable it was that he would be passed.