TV salespoeple at JB-HIFI

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

TV salespoeple at JB-HIFI

Post by Lepo5 »

JBSG (JBsalesguy) : Can I help you

Lepo5: yes, we're looking at this TV can I please see the manual I'd like to read the specs etc.

JBSG: No, they're not handy.

Lepo5 : really well during the week I saw a manual for that other TV over there and it wasn't a problem.

JBSG: nah, they've been moved, the specs are available on the internet.

Lepo5: I can't promise you that I'm going to buy this TV but I can promise you that I will not buy this TV unless you go and get the manual.

JBSG: mate can you come back in ten minutes?

Lepo5: mate I'll be here for a good 45 minutes looking at the picture quality (or otherwise) of this TV, 10 minutes is not a problem

JBSG *begrudgingly goes to look for the manual that he obviously feels is akin to finding the Holy Grail *

TV was purchased from another store.

Short Version :

Lepo5 : I have money right here ready to give you for some of your wares.

JBSG: nah, its too much trouble.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

OH shit, wrong forum, Chaos can you help me out and please move this thread to the correct location? (....and don't say the recycling bin)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

It's so rare to find a salesperson that actually knows anything about the products they sell.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Yeah I pretty much expected that, which is why I asked for the manual. Perhaps he needed training in how to walk through the door no more that ten meters away from us and look for a book that clearly displays a big bold number matching the one on the price sticker of the actual item.

This guy was in his 50's and clearly did not care about sales quotas close to financial year end / month / week.

I usually find the youngs ones in JB too cool for school but this guy takes the cake.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Epilogue: (..and to be fair)

By the end of the visit JBSG actually asked my permission to use the toilet as he was in need.

I said, "absolutely of course". My mate who was with me and the one actually purchasing the TV said "we won that" and just to be sure we bought it from another store.
Candy Arse wrote:
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

So what TV did you buy? Did you know that Sony are offering the 'free PS3' with every Bravia again soon?
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

No I didn't know that , but my mate is not interested in games or blu-ray and while the Bravia's looked great they were a little too high in price for what he wanted.

He bought a Panasonic 50" Plasma and it looks great. (.............AND his wife liked it also **lucky**)
Candy Arse wrote:
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Moved.. We'll there you go I did not realise I could do that. FEEEL THE POWARR!!

Oh and nice on the 50" plasmatron. I'm surprised you didn't probe me for answers when we were playing Halo last night.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Well at that point we were going to buy LG.................and I was in no condition to probe anything last night.
Candy Arse wrote:
Dj Flextacy
Mr 60FPS
XBL ID: flextacy
PSN ID: flextacy

Post by Dj Flextacy »

I had a similar incident at Jb too when i was looking to get my sony 52" bravia, the guy wasn't willing to drop the price to what i wanted simply because his manager had to authorize that and the manager wasnt in the store <at this time mind you standing about 2 meters behind him is the manager> so i then went and got it else where, funny thing is i came back there few weeks later and he remembered me and said the manager is here now LOL, i enjoyed telling him he missed out on his comission :)