The Movie News Thread - new Trek rules, Man of Steel in June

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

The animated TMNT was so very shitty. Give me something like the original movie.

I do agree with you on Kung Fu Panda though GameHED. That was done very well - especially the fight choreography.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

The biggest issue I had with the CG movie was that it was a continuation of the latest animated series. Viewers were just dropped into the middle of a story expecting them to know everything about it and exactly where the current story line was.

Also, it just seemed to have zero punch. For something based on ninjas it seemed pretty blah.

Reboot and dark please.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

HI IM APRIL O'NEIL, PROFESSIONAL NINJA.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Nick and Nora's Infinte Playlist

Trailer looks makes it look pretty cool. Could be a good low key comedy.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

aint it uncool news :(

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Don Lafontaine , THE voice of movie trailers, has died at age 68. His voice work on wikid trailers is second to none and much copied/satirised. Check some of his greatest hits here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 17782.html
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

IN A WORLD WHERE PEOPLE POST WEEK OLD NEWS.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Re: aint it uncool news :(

Post by Muzza »

BruceCamblzChin wrote:Don Lafontaine , THE voice of movie trailers, has died at age 68. His voice work on wikid trailers is second to none and much copied/satirised. Check some of his greatest hits here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 17782.html
What a legend, he even did the intro and ending voice over for Exhumed/Powerslave.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Scullibundo wrote:IN A WORLD WHERE PEOPLE POST WEEK OLD NEWS.
In a world where Sculli makes jokes at the expense of a cinema legend... :D
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Not at the expense of him, at the expense of you. :D Guy was a legend, sentiments which were echoed a week ago.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Columbia Pictures has set "The Office" co-executive producers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky to write a script for a "Ghostbusters" film designed to bring back together the original cast of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson.

Eisenberg and Stupnitsky just wrote The Year One, a comedy that was directed by Ramis. Ramis with Aykroyd wrote the first two installments of the films. Ivan Reitman directed both the 1984 original and the sequel that was released in 1989.
and.....
Aliens Will Return to ABC
Source: Variety September 4, 2008
Greg Berlanti is developing a sci-fi project with Rene Echevarria for ABC, reports Variety.

Berlanti and Echevarria are behind "The Return," which they're developing for the network through ABC Studios (where Berlanti is based).

The project revolves around the impact on the world -- including the White House -- when aliens land.

Echevarria's credits include "Star Trek," "The 4400," "Dark Angel," "Medium" and "Now and Again." Berlanti has worked on "Dirty Sexy Money," "Eli Stone" and "Brothers & Sisters."
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Scullibundo wrote:Not at the expense of him, at the expense of you. :D Guy was a legend, sentiments which were echoed a week ago.
In a world...yeah I fucken knew THAT. But what sentiments? Where? not on this board they weren't.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

not movies but some new Heroes pics are out for season 3 after the writers-strike-affected S2

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7646

Still havent seen S2, I heard it wasnt as good, am waiting for the dvds to come out.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Details on Ghostbusters III

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38232" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From Harold Ramis:
yes, columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my year one writing partners, gene stupnitsky and lee eisenberg. judd apatow is co-producing year one and has made several other films for sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent. aykroyd, ivan reitman and i are consulting at this point, and according to dan, bill murray is willing to be involved on some level. he did record his dialogue for the new ghostbusters video game, as did danny and i, and ernie hudson. the concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. not much else to say at this point. everyone is confident a decent script can be written and i guess we'll take it from there.
best,
harold
Good to see Bill Murray did decide to do the voice work for the video game... there was some worry he wouldn't. He has been a bit nut job of lately. I guess even a few scenes out of him for the new movie would be enough.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

In other Bill Murray news...er no it not news at all but talk of Bill Murray always brings a smile to my face...
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

http://s1.video2.blip.tv/0100000180031/ ... ler956.mov

Trailer for Michael Moore's Slacker Uprising. Pretty much a docco about how he travelled the US trying to get young people to vote.

Apparently we can download the movie for free from the website at the end of the month. NOICE!
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

Producer on a Duke Nukem Movie
Source: Kotaku September 9, 2008

Max Payne producer Scott Faye talked to Kotaku about the proposed Duke Nukem video game adaptation:

"I'm working diligently at making a Duke Nukem movie scenario that will live up to the character and its [importance] in the videogame world," said Faye. "As is the case with all of my game adaptations, I'd rather not make the movie than make a poor adaptation."

“With the two new games coming out based on Duke Nukem, I'm working at establishing a Duke film scenario that will compel a studio to finance a feature version,” said Faye. “Certainly, there's a large audience that knows and loves this character.”

Faye said he’s still actively developing the story and he will not shop the film in Hollywood until all the people involved in the project feel solid about where we are creatively.

“More than ever before, I feel that the feature adaptation of Duke Nukem will come to together nicely,” said Faye, who runs Depth Entertainment.

Faye has a production arrangement with Miller’s Radar Group, which will be part of every aspect of the Duke Nukem process, according to Faye.

“We're expanding Duke's ‘storyverse’ in a very significant major way without abandoning or negating any element that's being used to introduce Duke to the next gen platforms,” added Faye.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

This is about 15 years too late. Arnold is too old now.

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

“Certainly, there's a large audience that knows and loves this character.”
Did you see that? He just called the gushing fans fat hairy nerds who are gay for duke! lol You are large.

Just kidding...Make it like 300 but with guns and aliens and much more naked females than males. (face it 300 is sorta gay for not having them wear armor) And more than just one alien unlike doom movie. (but unlike 300, have 1 man against all aliens instead of using tactics with a group just like all those 80s action movies where the mission could only be achieved by a single person)
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Scullibundo wrote:This is about 15 years too late.
We're talking about the Duke movie, not Duke Nukem Forever.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Scullibundo wrote:This is about 15 years too late. Arnold is too old now.

its unfortunate but true. This movie lives on with Arn as Duke...in my imaginashARN.

Arn is the most awesomest awesome action movie dude since Clint Eastwood.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

wanna know what transformer has been confirmed for Transformers 2??....

[Click to see hidden content]
Which Robot is Confirmed for Transformers 2?
Source: TFW2005 September 11, 2008

TFW2005 has received word that the combiner Devastator will appear in the Michael Bay sequel Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The site says it has confirmed the following:

- Seven construction vehicles merge to form Devastator
- Devastator has lots of upper body strength, like a gorilla
- Not just green, some of the vehicles are red and yellow
- The previously Long Haul concept art by Josh Nizzi is legit

fuck yeah!!! :up:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

time to clean my pants.

awesome news :up:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yes that is something worth going to see the movie for.

But will the dinobots be in it? The dinos were always my fave G1 autobots because they weren't afraid to destroy stuff that didn't need to be destroyed. That's what robots should be used for.

Don't forget hasbro: If starscream is coming back for the second movie, make a slim fighter jet toy like masterpiece starscream.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

A quick look at Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... parnassus/

Art work, some rough CG and Terry Gillium very excited.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Does Arno hav a cameo in T4?

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23222

Okay so this is no where near confirmed yet however if it happened it would lend some more cred to this flick. I like the idea of having Arn make a cameo in some sense as he is sent back in time, even if it is just his face and voice if done well.

Plus I fucken love Arn and any excuse to see him up on the big screen again is wikid.

Here is the latest pic that has given the rumour mill a kickstart:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/EoTwbwCB ... stian+Bale

and here is a sweet pic of Arn:

'Sarah Cahnner?' 'Y-yes!?' FUCKEN BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!

Arn's shirt is a shocker, lol does it say 'Rad' on it?