View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Oct 2017 06:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 210, 211, 212, 213, 214
 The Movie News Thread - new Trek rules, Man of Steel in June 
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

The Red Letter Media review

This also goes along nicely if you can be bothered.

08 Oct 2017 04:51 pm
Profile WWW

Gamertag: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end
I won't watch the RLM review coz I don't want any spoilers, but did they recommend it?

09 Oct 2017 06:57 pm
Makes poor choices in hats

Gamertag: Hercy
Yeah, but they didn't like the ending when Harrison Ford died.

Spoiler: show
I haven't seen the movie or watched that video.

09 Oct 2017 07:19 pm
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

F for Fake wrote:
I won't watch the RLM review coz I don't want any spoilers, but did they recommend it?

Yes, with some caveats.

26.10 in the video for recommendations, you're safe to go to the end from there.

09 Oct 2017 07:29 pm
Profile WWW
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Not google sure how to link on mobile, but just saw Last Jedi trailer. Fair to say my excitement levels are through the roof! Looks amazing! Just hope it doesn’t play it too safe like TFA did. I love RJ’s films so hopefully this is no exception.

10 Oct 2017 04:55 pm
Cheats

Gamertag: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Mii: GenerationX_2k
Steam ID: Gen X
Blade Runner ain't doing too well at the BO. :(

selfish wrote:
Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.

Currently playing: Yakuza 0

10 Oct 2017 06:13 pm
Profile WWW
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Razorfist says its just a fan movie (mising ingredients that made blade runner gritty and depressing like I had mentioned)

This is the difference between old 80s and new sci-fi:
new sci-fi doesn't feel as lived in. 80s makes you want to hide from street punks and angry things that want to kill you. Everyone is fucked up. The backgrounds are fucked up. People's lives are fucked up. And the pollution is disgusting. (clean shit from star trek like holograms isn't cyberpunk imo there I said it)

Hollywierd could learn a few things from Ghost in the Shell animated movie from 1995.
(lots of religious symbolism in that movie. Especially how Motoko questions her lifeless meaning for existing, and her fascination with diving and being baptised by water and later being born again as a new being in a new kid body. This is how you tell a subtle story of romance and finding meaning through merging your consciousness with others to create new life. And cyberspapce is the sea of human knowledge to swim around in after motoko becomes a changed person. ie born again christian with a heavenly body which lets her fly in the heavens/cyberspace and gain consciousness of a higher level being than before when she was closed off to the world as a unthinking person going on autopilot all the time.)

In anime movies like Akira, Bubblegum Crisis, and Ghost in the Shell you see the effects of the fucked up world on the people and technology is not always sexy but horrific and digusting. We lost that in post-80s dystopian sci-fi because hollywierd is obsessed with promoting transhumanism as positive thing rather than showing the dark shit behind greedy people with no morals and how corrupt people can get away with enslaving people with it by making everyone dependent on the giver of the technology like a drug seller makes his customers dependent on the drugs he sells by getting them hooked on it so they can't break their chains from it. I predict when everything is recorded on digital tech, this will allow dictators to easily erase history by deleting and editing documents for example. Printed books always stayed the same. but digital data can be hacked easily and consciousness can be subtly altered. But we love the convenience and like a drug addict don't care about the consequences of being dependent on the technology because we love power. Computers will turn against you one day and by the time you realise it, you will be obsolete and too dumb to know what's going on because of laziness and always wanting convenience; making you weak. You are the ghost not the mechanical body. The intangible thing is of more value than the shell which can be mass produced. Uniqueness is what defines you, and if everyone judged only by the actions of people, then what you are physically doesn't matter.
How does that relate to blade runer? Well at the end of the first movie, knowing whether Deckard is replicant or not is irrelevent since if the replicant can love then humans can hope they don't just kill only and act like machines. Their actions are the important thing to be judged by. People focus so much on the obvious story and not the spiritual part of the film. You are defined by what you DO, not what race you are, where you came from, what you look like physically. People are obsessed with the material things not the spiritual meaning. If humans were just more sophisticated replicants made by God, then replicants made by humans should be judged what what shit they do. ie their soul and what is in their cyber heart and intent. Genetically modified hybrid snake women are still taken from God's creation that man borrowed from. It stands to reason then that just like there are bad humans and good humans due to the fall of man in the garden of eden through original sin, then the same applies to replicants. (if they fear death so much and want life extension how is that different to humans looking for life extension technology like methusalah gene? ) We have to look at the soul of people not external appearance.

15 Oct 2017 08:44 pm
Cheats

Gamertag: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Mii: GenerationX_2k
Steam ID: Gen X
I would like to hear more about these genetically modified hybrid snake women.

selfish wrote:
Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.

Currently playing: Yakuza 0

16 Oct 2017 01:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 210, 211, 212, 213, 214