The Movie News Thread - new Trek rules, Man of Steel in June

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

that is heaps cool, and very much in keeping with previous publicity.

That FOX stuff is weak man but you know they will try to gets the cash if they can prove it.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

awesome awesome interview with the Child's Play team.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37997" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Covers the upcoming 20th Anniversary Edition DVD of the original film. Buttloads of extra's anda widescreen release :D

Also covers the upcoming reboot they are planning. Brad Durrif (sp??) is back to voice Chucky.

really cool interview. I really like the casual style the guys at aint it cool have. They seem to get so much out of the people they talk to.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Writing Begins for The Hobbit Films
Source: TheOneRing.net, Entertainment Weekly August 20, 2008

Both TheOneRing.net and Entertainment Weekly are reporting that writing has begun for The Hobbit, targeted for a December 2011 release, and its sequel, coming December 2012.

"The Lord of the Rings" screenwriting team of Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, and Philippa Boyens have joined director Guillermo del Toro to write the screenplays for the two planned movies.

Shooting is expected to start at the earliest in the fall of 2009 in New Zealand.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I'm really looking forward to Underworld - Rise of the Lycans. Underworld is an all time fave of mine. Underworld: Evolution is a poor sequel IMO but it had redeeming elements. The big draw for me is they've managed to retain the existing cast, in particular Michael Sheen returns as Lucian. Sheen's Lucian was one of my favourite elements from the original. Steven Mackintosh did well as Tanis in Evolution and he's back too. Bill Nighy also returns as Viktor. Cool.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

Warner Bros. Confirms Superman Reboot
Warner Bros. also put on hold plans for another movie starring multiple superheroes -- known as "Batman vs. Superman" -- after the $215 million "Superman Returns," which had disappointing box-office returns, didn't please executives. "'Superman' didn't quite work as a film in the way that we wanted it to," says Mr. Robinov. "It didn't position the character the way he needed to be positioned." "Had 'Superman' worked in 2006, we would have had a movie for Christmas of this year or 2009," he adds. "But now the plan is just to reintroduce Superman without regard to a Batman and Superman movie at all.

Like the recent Batman sequel -- which has become the highest-grossing film of the year thus far -- Mr. Robinov wants his next pack of superhero movies to be bathed in the same brooding tone as "The Dark Knight." Creatively, he sees exploring the evil side to characters as the key to unlocking some of Warner Bros.' DC properties. "We're going to try to go dark to the extent that the characters allow it," he says. That goes for the company's Superman franchise as well.

The studio is set to announce its plans for future DC movies in the next month. For now, though, it is focused on releasing four comic-book films in the next three years, including a third Batman film, a new film reintroducing Superman, and two movies focusing on other DC Comics characters. Movies featuring Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman are all in active development.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48159
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Mark Millar to write new Superman film. The guy is very hot property right now. 3 issues in to a comic, Kick-Ass, and they have already started production on a feature film.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Hmm, he's never written a film before through. Still would have preferred Singer's team. I think this is a colossal mistake from WB.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Where did u hear about Millar GW? All I found was this which is very good news IMO.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/super ... hp?id=7609

DC looking to emulate Marvel and produce their own versions of films, one film for each character, no team-upswith a cast of young-uns yet thank fuck.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

Transporter 3 Trailer :up: I'll be going to see this one!!

http://au.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/14 ... 82208.html
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Thats all good Bruce, but I don't like what I read about WB wanting to explore the dark side of all their DC characters. It's like they saw 'OH BATMAN IS DARK, THAT MUST BE THE KEY TO SUCCESS'.

I don't understand how stupid people can be paid so much money.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Why don't DC just make a Lobo movie with high violence and stuff in it? Take characters that don't care about justice instead of darkening other ones?

Superman is the optimistic hero who feeds off the sun, batman is the psycho who stalks people, and wonder woman is the lesbian-feminist ideal because she's amazonian warrior grrl. Leave them as they are, so fans have nothing to whine about, and concentrate on other characters.

Iron man isn't that dark and that worked. He is about the level of superman in what he can do, only with technology instead of inbuilt powers. I think a lot of the reason batman works in a live action movie is because he doesn't have powers and the villains are interesting and complex. It's not just about the tone.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

It was rumour and speculation up on ain't it cool news awhile back. I had a quick play around with their search tools but it is pretty terrible.

Basically Millar said he is in talks with WB to pen the next Superman film.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Mark Millar was pretty involved with the translation of Wanted to the big screen and that seemed to turn out well. They couldn't do worse than Singer's effort - pitch perfect in terms of atmosphere but almost completely lacking an interesting story. Millar has done some incredible stuff recently, not least of all the first two series of The Ultimates, Civil War (despite the crap ending) and Marvel 1985. If they really wanted to revive Superman they should get Richard Donner to direct again with Geoff Johns writing the story, guaranteed success (quality-wise at least).
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Yeah werd on that Sculli, darkness is not the key to all comic book films, we know that hopefully the studio peeps will realise that.

I agree with Rorshach, a Donner filmed Geoff Johns penned Supes flick would be wikid awesome, you could just film their recent Action comics stint with the Kuberts which frikkin ruled BTW.

Millar sez he got in to comics becuase of Supes and has had a sweet idea for a Supes story for years and I love his work so I am all for a Millar Supes flick. Oh the Wanted flick was wikid too and everybody knows it.

Snootch to tha mutha fuckin nootch.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Was reading up on the millarworld forums (scary scary place) and apparently Millar and Richard Donner were seen recently (as in the day of the WB statement) having breakfast together.

I think there is something in that for all of us...
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

thats good news...
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

catowman in next batman movie?:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -film.html
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

:lol: that article is all types of wrong.

Depp as The Riddler? I doubt it. Nolan has already proven that he's a bit more inventive than that when it comes to casting.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

HEY GUYS I HEARD THAT VIN DIESEL IS PLAYING MR FREEZE IN THAT MOVIE THAT HASNT EVEN BEEN WRITTEN YET. I KNOW SO BECAUSE ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, WHO ARE CLEARLY THE EMPIRICAL SOURCE ON ALL THINGS BATMAN SINCE THEIR BROTHERS FRIEND IS FUNDING, WRITING AND DIRECTING THE PRODUCTION TOLD ME!

Will people stop with this shit?
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

:lol:

The funniest thing about that article is that it makes it sound as if it's already been confirmed that Depp is playing The Riddler, when there hasn't been anything of the sort mentioned besides 14 year old Burton/Depp fanboys (one and the same really) talking shit.

Depp would be horrible, just as he would've been horrible as The Joker. Along with Crispin fucking Glover.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Crispin Glover might have done it justice. He knows what he's doing.
-------------------------------------
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

New Watchmen pics here on some fruity magazine covers.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/watch ... hp?id=7615

Also apparently the Wanted film was wikid good.

Also OMG-osity at this Conan/Arn statue:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7207FLEX

which I just put on pre-order and this Ash one:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=71711

which arrived yesterday and now features in my gamer-pic!!! YAYYY!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

KROM!!!!!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Mandolls make me scared. They are so realistic that I think that they might try to kill me when I sleep.

I wanted to buy one of these conan swords. Way too expensive though.

I like to rotate that conan figure in the quicktime 360 view and pretend I own it. :D

Is the skin pale like in the pics or is it actually darker like in that prototype? I think the prototype skin tone looks much better. (or is it just the lighting that makes them look different?)

The closest thing to me actually committing to getting a realistic (or semi-relistic) man doll were these Hot Toys Appleseed figures:
http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/af_appleseed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I ended up buying more overpriced imported 80s transforming mecha/robots heh. :roll:

Fans of realistic mandolls should check out the forums on this site:
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here is the thread with the appleseed figure that made me wee myself:
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... hp?t=72588
Sideshow page of them
^
If they make a live action ghost in the shell movie, I hope the figures are at least as good looking as those ones. (but with realism for the faces instead of cg manga faces)

Bank robber joker:
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... stcount=16
:shock: Now you know why I get creeped out. *goes to rob a bank because the statue told me to 'buy me'*
Review of the Earlier TDK releases.
Iron Man MKII:
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... hp?t=84076
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Re: Ghost in the Shell there was a sweet Kusanagi fig coming out soon, it was in Toyfare last month?

I think this is it:

http://orochiyamazaki.livejournal.com/118157.html

@ GH: do you also buy at Cornerstorecomics? That is cool, I just started making all my purchases there!

Those Joker figs are well nice, he would look good in a horror movie collection of other 1/6 scale figs. (like fighting Freddy or Jason or Leatherface)

Yeah I would collect 'Formers/Mechs ala some other dudes on this board, Chaos(who now has no $ after he started watching Macross again), GameHed etc, but there is too many of the fuckers I dont feel like I have made a dent in the stuff to be collected at all! I sold a bunch of stuff at a recent con' to streamline my collection, now I am after premium movie accurate statues that will make people go 'WOW!' when they see em.

And the above post is completely Off Topic.