The Movie News Thread - new Trek rules, Man of Steel in June

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Re: The Movie News Thread - new Trek rules, Man of Steel in

Post by GameHED »

Wow
It has the potential to be great film if they present it as a comic book movie based on a frank miller artbook or something like that and like Watchmen it has a dark and gritty tone instead of a kids game movie like they did with street fighter live action flick. Do not trust hollywierd and the gay people and feminists. Snake will probably be a coward with no skills and no confidence and get beaten up by girls if they let the SJW take over the project. If they could make Luke Skywalker weak they will make snake into a disabled old guy in a wheelchair who forgets how to do things and needs his mom to tell him how to sneak behind dumb soldiers who can only see a few feet in front of them as shown in worthabuy's videos criticising MGS games. (called it stealth action game for people who like sneaking past blind soldiers)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

It kind of doesn't look completely awful.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

That guy writes just like those scam adverts which purport to let you in on the one secret that rich people know. Endless circular paths, repetition, and hypothetical questions that never get to the point. 5000-some words!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Are the pitchforks sold out yet?

Looks great, but not looking forward to the angry manbabies flooding the internet again :(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Didn't recognise the hot mess that is Star Wars without Princess Leia flying across the sky like Mary Poppins.

Episode 8 killed Star Wars.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Agreed. Fans have every right to feel pissed off about TLJ. I hope Vince doesn't read this, but TLJ raised the prequels to be almost watchable. I'm not bothering with it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Hang on Cletus, give me a moment. I'm just glued to my screen watching a forced relationship between a black dude and an asian chick. Oh look, there goes that crazy Princess Leia, flying around the screen again! I think she's checking all the garbage bins for Luke's lightsaber that he tossed away in a completely out-of-character moment.

Yay for Star Wars.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

don't be such a manbaby and eat your dinner.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

It ws a pleasant surprise to see Billy Dee Williams reprise his role of Lando in the trailer.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Last Jedi had plenty of terrible moments and ideas that weren't Star Warsy but the action was awesome so I don't care and love it anyway.

New one looks sweet.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:It ws a pleasant surprise to see Billy Dee Williams reprise his role of Lando in the trailer.
Are you looking forward to him dying, then his ghost flies all around the screen before he kisses the gender neutral character? #2019
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

:lol:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:
t0mby wrote:It ws a pleasant surprise to see Billy Dee Williams reprise his role of Lando in the trailer.
Are you looking forward to him dying, then his ghost flies all around the screen before he kisses the gender neutral character? #2019
*TRIGGERED*
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Star Wars left me after the first movie from the recent trilogy. Felt no hype for The Last Jedi compounded by Hamill himself slagging it off, the series muddied further with the recent standalone movies. Still feel no hype upon viewing this trailer though the prospect of Palpatine returning is interesting.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: Felt no hype for The Last Jedi compounded by Hamill himself slagging it off, the series muddied further with the recent standalone movies.
Imo, Solo is a really good movie in its own right, in fact, you could remove the Star Wars ties from it and it would still be an enjoyable movie. Problem is we're all getting burnt out on this movie plan Disney have of releasing a movie every year, especially as we're adults, and view them as adults. The original movies have special places in our hearts because we were kids when we saw them and they were exciting and new. My oldest boy of 7 watches these new ones and he's glued to the screen loving them and that was us 30-40yrs ago.

Yes, The Last Jedi is a train wreck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I'd give Solo a go. I haven't seen a Ron Howard directed movie I didn't like.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

the last one just shit all over all star wars lore and the fans, purposely it seemed. I don't feel there is any hype for this, they tried to do a leak what 2 weeks earlier and literally no one cared but the real hardcore fanboys. They've cooked the golden goose, I'm watching that trailer and I'm lost as to what they are actually having a climatic fight about? So Kylo Ren's still going but didn't Snoke and the other general dude on his side get killed? Then the movie ended with everyone having the force, fast forward to this trailer and without any real training or character development she now has 1000's of years of the force flowing through her? lol. I can't even remember what the other characters were doing or hoping for but then I thought to myself, do I really care? Nup. I am not a Star Wars fans but I saw the last two in the cinema and I've watched the Force Awakens multiple times and I'm still not sure why I should give two shits about any of them.

They've also done the same thing they did with the TLJ trailers. They look great, throw a bunch of call backs in but in actuality the movie will be about Rose realising she's being a misogynist and then dating a droid that self identifies as they and her journey to get to that point in the middle of a galaxy wide war about a lack of space craft fuel in a galaxy wide climate change tragedy.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:

It's funny because it's true.
Ambrose Burnside

Froggy wrote: I am not a Star Wars fan
Cool :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Not being a fanboy doesn't mean I don't enjoy the franchise but boy I am happy I am not after Disney got right into it. I liked the Force Awakens and thought it gave them a good footing to then go off somewhere else but boy oh boy what a shit show that followed which leaves this movie as just seemingly pointless. Closing a saga that never really began...
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, I was expect a dark movie from TLJ, kinda like how Empire was to the original triology, but instead the fans were left dark with flying princesses and messy unexplained stuff that just fucked it all up. Even AotC and RotS are better than TLJ.
Ambrose Burnside

Han's dead, Luke's dead, Leia will almost-certainly die. The Republic's capital planet was destroyed, the Rebel fleet was destroyed. The entirety of the Rebel Alliance fit on the Millennium Falcon. Shit's pretty dark but then again Luke had his hand chopped off in Empire after piggybacking a frog in a swamp so the bar was set pretty high for darkness ;)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Leia did die - she came back to life as Mary Poppins.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Froggy wrote:Not being a fanboy doesn't mean I don't enjoy the franchise but boy I am happy I am not after Disney got right into it. I liked the Force Awakens and thought it gave them a good footing to then go off somewhere else but boy oh boy what a shit show that followed which leaves this movie as just seemingly pointless. Closing a saga that never really began...
Agree completely. Episode 7 was damn good. 8 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Cletus wrote:Agreed. Fans have every right to feel pissed off about TLJ. I hope Vince doesn't read this, but TLJ raised the prequels to be almost watchable. I'm not bothering with it.
I'm definitely reading, just been busy lately! And "ALMOST" watchable?! George Lucas, no matter what his shortfalls are, at least he tried to tell a Star Wars story with the appropriate lore behind it. He is great at world building and knows what Star Wars is all about- it's pulpy, serial film making at its best. Disney doesn't understand what Star Wars is...
Oh and, I saw the new teaser and didn't think it looked awful, but by god i'm not interested at all in it. Episode 7 left me uninspired, and episode 8 was a total fucking trainwreck. JJ will pander to fans like he always does. He's a by-the-numbers film maker.