AFL Season 2006

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Pat wrote:
Froggy wrote: touted as one of the greatest teams of all time,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Essendon Football Club, winners of the 2000 AFL Premiership.
Fixed for clarity.
Last edited by Texas on 23 Sep 2006 07:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Texas wrote:The greatest team of all time, Essendon Football Club, winners of the 2000 AFL Premiership.

Fixed for clarity.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

2001-2003
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Pat

Post by Pat »

Salary cap subsidies.
Ambrose Burnside

Pat wrote:Salary cap subsidies.
That and they were playing some pretty poor opposition :wink:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Pat

Post by Pat »

Not poor, rather weakened by salary cap subsidies that let them by any player they wanted - including those with premiership experience in 2000.
Darwi
Obey your thirst

Post by Darwi »

That was a pretty awesome match today... everything you could want from an AFL final.

I don't think the Crows could be labelled as chokers... they overcame some pretty heavy obstacles to nearly make the GF. Considering they had pretty well been written off a month ago it was a pretty fair effort.

They just hit a team in better shape and form.

I guess the danger is their premiership clock is ticking...
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Their obstacles were excuses, every other top team besides sydney has had to manage injuries.

I think their clock has ticked, they had to win it this year, their top grade stock is now looking a bit aged, roo, goodwin, mcloud, bassett, edwards, hart... we have seen towards the end of the season their bodies start to give way, edwards looks the pick of the crop in terms of reliabiilty still, he is a great player and was excellent again today.

Ben Cousins played what I think is the best game I have ever seen him play today he was simply unstoppable when he got near the ball and his running was a highlight in itself.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Texas

Post by Texas »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:2001-2003
Essnedon 84-85, Hawthorn 89, Essendon 2000 would CREAM any of those Bears teams.
Especialy '00 or 85.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

stop speaking outta your arse!
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Texas

Post by Texas »

I'm not. ;)
Gr8ness

SythBlade
i just want to be accepted

Post by SythBlade »

didn't realize there were so many of us... just a heads up that

this is on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Eig-rVoKQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and theyve got hirds memorial dinner highlights on there!!

now the game... oh man.. living in adelaide its horrid i went to a friends house. around 15 people only me and one other guy going for the eagles and we basically got told to sit out side :(
Texas

Post by Texas »

Piss poor losers, but Port fans are worse.
Gr8ness

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Texas wrote:Piss poor losers, but Port fans are worse.
How so?

You should see Adelaide advertiser, it's ridiculous, articles on players GF's feelings etc. Get over it, Adelaide choked, I can't wait til the e-mail rounds tomorrow morning.
Texas

Post by Texas »

Port fans are like Collingwood fans with a bigger chip on their shoulder, and more teeth
Gr8ness

Darwi
Obey your thirst

Post by Darwi »

The best team I have seen in my lifetime...

Essendon '84-'85

And it hurts to say that being a Hawthorn supporter.

Hawks of '88-'89 come second...

Followed by the Lions of the three-peat.

The thing that really makes the Essendon side of '85 stand out is that they belted some AAA quality opposition.
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

Froggy wrote:You should see Adelaide advertiser, it's ridiculous, articles on players GF's feelings etc. Get over it, Adelaide choked, I can't wait til the e-mail rounds tomorrow morning.
yes, the advertiser is shite. worst newspaper ever :down: i could go on and on about that, but i won't.

yes, the crows did choke, like they do in a lot of their games. shot down in flames in a typical fashion. the result and overall rhythm of the game was exactly how i predicted...the right players playing like superstars, Birdman, I'm looking at you :up: McLeod - he had an average game, Johncock did well along with Edwards, despite some of the umpire decisions against him....blah blah

but despite adelaide losing, there is a lot of anger here....as much as nation wide, i'm sure about a repeat of last year's final. i feel there is no poinnt in watching it. normally it is tradition to watch that final saturday in September, no matter who's playing but im not feeling that at the moment.

out of anger from saturday, fuck you WC. and fuck you ben cousins. fucking get a haircut you wanker with small man syndrome. i wanna slit your throat and rape your wife :shock: - but i hope you can beat Sydney this week
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Any Brownlow tips for tonight??....I reckon Goodes again however i would love to see West get up and win it....Goodwin with a huge chance as well....wouldent be suprised at all if there was a 2-way or 3-way win
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

I never watch those kind of things, fuckin award shows etc. However I heard somewhere that Bulldog's Scott West has as much chance as Goodes
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Goodes...awesome player and awesome year...feel bad for west tho
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Ambrose Burnside

Well done Goodes.
brent

Post by brent »

I liked Voss' sons comment.

"Who is your favourite player?"
"Quentin Lynch"

Hird's son said his favourites were Judd and Kerr. :lol:
Ambrose Burnside

brent wrote:I liked Voss' sons comment.

"Who is your favourite player?"
"Quentin Lynch"

Hird's son said his favourites were Judd and Kerr. :lol:
Everybody loves Lynch :up:

Except for Darwi of course, but that only because he got 3 Brownlow votes and won us the game against Hawthorn :P

And he also got 3 votes against Brisbane for his 8 goal haul so Voss' son's comment is a bit :run:

:lol:

At one stage (about Round 15) Lynch had more votes than Cousins 8)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Texas wrote:Port fans are like Collingwood fans with a bigger chip on their shoulder, and more teeth
Why would Port fans have a big chip on their shoulder? It's the other way around here, the Crows fans have an inferiority complex to Port.
brent

Post by brent »

Froggy wrote:
Texas wrote:Port fans are like Collingwood fans with a bigger chip on their shoulder, and more teeth
Why would Port fans have a big chip on their shoulder? It's the other way around here, the Crows fans have an inferiority complex to Port.
:lol: How exactly do you figure that?

Crows have exceeded expectations on a vast number of occasions. The back to back premierships and last two years as an example, whereas it is the opposite for Port. How could any Crows fan feel inferior to Ports AFL history is beyond me.