Mechs toys

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

KillKen
lazy
XBL ID: KillKen

Re: Mechs toys

Post by KillKen »

Well its up for preorder now at SS for about $400.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Just bought a vf-171. Looks like my wii u savings money is gone. Might have to skip buying it until next year.
videoreview of 171 here:
transformation guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeTZM0QpZGg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
size comparison between the vf-17 and vf-171:
vf-17 is far more menacing imo (it's looks more like a scary warrior in bot mode) while the vf-171 just looks more sleek in fighter mode but the skinny frame turns him from a scary bulky robot into a standard looking guy. (it is cannon fodder after all) I suppose the weapons pack will beef him up more. One thing to take into account is that not having the marking on vf-17 is more realistic since it is stealthy missions machine. It might not be as anime accurate but just like the grey low visibility vf-1 it actually make more sense to be unmarked or at least have the marking hard to see. It was a conscious decision not to put them there by yamato.

I hope one day resissues for vf-25s renewal are done. I want to get a bundle which includes the vf-25s with armoredpack. The ebay prices going for 25s ozuma renewal are in the $400+ range now. Whoa. Could scalpers be the ones responsible for buying all these toys up for resale to profit on them? Looks like it to me.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The VF-171 arrived in the mail today. I also pre-ordered the extra accessory parts (super pack with extra weapons and other shit which beefs up the firepower even more) which will not be available until dec 2012. (web-exclusive items)

Now I just got to get the super pack for the Yamato VF-17.

for those who still haven't bought this yet drool at these pics:
http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/dx23/dx2301.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/dx23/dx2302.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/dx23/dx2303.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This toy looks to be better than even yamato VF-17. Smaller and lighter but that is ok since it was designed to be a normal grunt mech and you do get a stand. Will arrange a time to post pics of this later along with VF-17S and VF-19S. (I keep putting it off)

The way I see it, even if Yamato never gets the license to do a macross frontier valkyrie not many people would care. The two toy companies seem to be about the same in quality right now and if yamato wants to make some money they should go down the path of making legioss toys (from Genesis Climber Mospeada) now since no other company is likely to do this and they can't keep milking the VF-1 forever lol
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Just a note for those who shop around before purchase:
I added Nippon-yasan to the list of stores on page 1 of this thread.
http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These guys have great prices and seem to have a good reputation on MW Boards. Hopefully if bandai does re-issues of older toys that some people missed out on come out, this store will have reasonable stock and prices. (HLJ right now is going through some sort of change and it looks like the bandai products are not nearly as easy to get from them as yamato ones)

Saw the Bandai VF-171EX Alto here at a reasonable price (for those who are having trouble getting this and refuse to buy from ebay scalpers):
http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/mac ... ustom.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"ON SALE! $191.40"

If you want to save money and thinking of getting it, now would be a good time before the price of these goes up to stupid levels. Having said that though, I think bandai must have realised how much trouble people were having getting older toys in the past and made more number of this particular release thanks partly to the fact that Alto is a main character (historically they ignore unimportant people in the tv shows) and the demand seems to be high for it. (although cannon fodder variant seems more popular to me by diehard toy fans judging by reaction - grey just looks cooler and more 'real')
KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

All of the Avengers are now pre-ordered :)
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

oh shit! Am I missing something or does the Hulk HT fig come with no accessories?
KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

Comes with an extra pair of hands...I know it's shit!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Thought this looked cool (was posted recently on mwb):
This is a model suggestion for VF-1 Valkyrie; the distinguished variable fighter from the TV animation "Space fortress Macross".
The Valkyrie is a highly admired pioneer of Japanese transforming robot. The first animation was broadcasted on TV back in 1982. It made a huge impact on both Japanese kids and adult fans alike with exceptional transformation capabilities of changing between the FIGHTER, GERWALK and BATTROID modes. Here I wish to recreate that same emotional ‘‘impact’’, through a single model offering that is able to transform into all 3 modes.

Being an intellectual property with a long history as an animation, many Macross and Valkyrie toys launched in the past and present did not strongly consider construction play as a means to demonstrate or even allow better understanding of transformation functions and designs. Whereas LEGO unique build and re-build play qualities achieves just that and perfectly support endless possibilities for personal recreations to expand on variations of the same model.

I assume it is going to be a big challenge to produce LEGO endorsed models and products inspired directly and created from Japanese animations. However if this entry can successfully gather enough votes to make it into production, then it will be the first official LEGO Valkryrie model that has the potential to introduce greater Japanese animation designs to all fans worldwide and not just limited to animation contents only.
http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/638" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^
transforming lego vf-1 J complete with equipable GBP armor. Not that many micromissiles can fit into the chest and shoulder lol but still looks cool.

If only there was a lego macross line. :(
I think he wants everyone to go to the site and click 'support' to get it made. The only problem I see: the intakes in GERWALK mode should point forward. His are pointing upwards.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Update on vf-4:

Ok for those of you who were planning on getting the yamato VF-4 (this is an online-only release) and have been drooling at all the recently released pics on the MWB the latest info about this is that aug 17th will be the official price announcement and aug 20th is the day when official preorders are open for it.

I peek inside the vf-4 thread once in a while to get as much info about this toy since this particular mech is not as well known as the others (limited screentime) and due to that, it probably won't be made in high numbers.

HLJ won't be able to get any in but that could change. Instead, try proxy websites that can buy stuff on your behalf from the online webshops that usually only deal to japan, in order to get it.

The images of this thing are beautiful but I won't bother image spamming them in here. Like the yf-19 back in the day (before the 1/72 and 1/60) fans have wanted this one for ages because of its distinctive fighter mode which integrates all the things of a vf-1 super valkyrie into the main body (more atmospheric-flight-friendly) whilst tucking away the guns within the frame to maintain a smooth clean appearance.

Let's all pray to the angry protoculture gods that the price is not some BS amount and at least stays within reason. (notice how high end toys are getting smaller as time moves on but prices higher? The redone Masterpiece prime may look superior to the old, but it is smaller)

I will be skipping the upcoming VF-19P police valkyrie (see below) to get one of these instead.

Don't know why people like that so much over the regular VF-19 design.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

So I need to start scoping out proxy sites to get the VF-4 eh? Still gonna be easier than obtaining the mainstream Bandai valks! :P

Also waiting the the VF-19p Space Whale blood edition! :D
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

GC nippon yasan has the vf-4 for preorder:

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/order.php?ipa=3262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(according to people at MWB they are trustworthy but I have never bought from them)

Comes out to about $400 AUD (including the shipping. To see shipping estimate put the item in the shopping trolley, view shipping estimate by selecting your country to get the amount and then calculate the total that way)

I guess yamato does not plan to milk this mold with millions of variants like VF-1 so they had to price it higher than usual. (it is the 30th anniversary of macross and it is the year 2012, the exact year when space war 1 ended and it matches the year in the macross universe when the MegaRoad is seen in "Flashback 2012" clip where hikaru uses the newer model VF-4 - but funny thing is this version is based on the transforming VF-4 not the older one in Flashback.)

The problem of buying macross related toys is the Harmony Gold issue who is preventing the sale of stuff outside japan so some of these stores (amiami for example) try to exploit this legal issue and even put notes in the boxes that if they sell you an item and it is missing something or damaged parts, then they can not refund or replace it. In other words they know they can treat people outside japan like crap compared to people inside japan because technically you should not be allowed to buy these things because of the Harmony Gold legal thing.

But hlj.com does give you replacement which is why lots of people still prefer to buy off them. But here is the problem: can these guys still get access to web exclusives? (or does yamato only want to sell from their own online site) Yamato imo should be nice to HLJ more since many items I bet are sold from that site due to these extra protections they offer compared to the other japanese proxy sites.

I would much prefer to buy off them then even amiami. (which used to be thought of as having the best deals) Yet HLJ has a lot of sales and stuff which encourages people to buy more things. (better overall to those on a tight budget)

You decide who is the best. But I think for stuff like this, if you have been a true 'space war 1' era macross fan this is a time to save up and then limit your purchases. I can't see many people even recognising this mech since there was never a tv series where it was seen apart from the videogames and flashback 2012 music clip (macross 7 trash comic book had a lot of them in a miriya flashback sequence) with the Megaroad 01 launch off from earth with minmay saying farewell.

If I had a choice between paying lots of money to yamato vs paying lots of money to scalpers on ebay, I would still rather the money go to yamato for these risky releases that will only appeal to the hardcore.

If you are desperate to raise cash I would suggest selling stuff like any YF-19 stuff (which is popular but will get a newer and better release with a whole new sculpt one day soon) and use the money from the sale of the older yamato release to pay off this.

I don't think I can get a wii U this year. I just bought the VF-171, and preordered the armor, and then I got to save up for when yamato does a better yf-19. (the prices are getting ridiculous - VF-17 should have been way cheaper imo and should have come with the fast packs and a stand since it was a well known mech seen by many people from a tv series that was popular. That translates into the toy being instantly recognisable and therefore should be sold for cheaper)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

One thing to keep in mind is the VF-4 is tiny compared to modern macross valks too. So don't be surprised when you get it and you notice it is about the size of 1/60 vf-1 instead of 1/60 yf-19.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

lol eb games selling a full size master chief suit for $1.298
Size - Medium male
Chest - 42"
Waist - 30" / 34"
Inseam - 33"

or a collectors helmet for $148

working search lights

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

i would consider the helmet actually.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

just got my Joker pf and did a pro vid.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

VF-4 pre ordered! I smoke rocks!

Lucky it isn't out til December and payment isn't due until 1 day before release.

Money has been fleeing my wallet at an unprecedented rate.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Crack rocks!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

oh Fuck. Just saw VF-1A cavaliers (this only came out recently but was announced a while ago but it went under the radar for me) and now I want to add this to the shopping list too. :( Looks like a much cooler version of the old 1/48 "stealth valk" but this one was officially seen in the show..

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-188844-1-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is wrong with me. It is just a dark blue recolored vf-1 which appeared for a short time in the tv series. And now I want it despite saying I am through with vf-1.. This is why I try to avoid going to the boards for a while to hopefully overcome the addiction. Looks like I will never stop re-buying the vf-1 over and over again.

picture of the mysterious "stealth" valk (AKA Cavaliers by people today) ...as it appeared in the original 1982 tv series (old 2006 post I did long time ago :redface: ):

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.p ... ntry421111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately this does not come with the option parts which really sucks. Such tightarses.

*when I said it went under the radar I didn't intend that pun
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Ahhhh Fuck!!!

Received a 2nd confirmation that both the Dutch and Predator 1 statues are on there way. Both coming on the same day, looks like 2 minute noodles for me for that week for every meal...
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

so a quick questions to you guys who have hot toys versions of collectables , what are your thoughts on there build quality?. just as good as the ones from SS them selves or better?

im still looking at that Endoskeleton :D

KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

HT build quality shits on SS. I have a S Stormtrooper and was rather disappointed with it when I got it but every time I open a HT I am amazed.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Yeah what Ken said. SS wisely outsource most 1/6 work to HT coz their work is fucking phenomenal.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

awesome guys, thats great to know. thanks for the info :)

looks like ill be pre-ordering :D

now where did i put that crack :nana:

ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

and pre-ordered :nana: :nana: :nana:

it will be perfect next to arnold :D

a long wait till april now :D :( :D

KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

Don't hold your breath for April :-\. Every HT gets delayed at least once these days.