Mechs toys

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

KillKen
lazy
XBL ID: KillKen

Re: Mechs toys

Post by KillKen »

Lots of very early mornings :). People buy sleeping bags and sleep in the lines overnight and then just leave the sleeping bags on the ground lol. Consider doing that as a few celebrities came out and said hi to those people late at night which is something I missed out on. Heaps of shit goes on across the road as well. Hit up NerdHQ as well if you want to meet heaps of celebrities for cheap. Weta have a get together as well at one of the pubs for people from shadow and flame. Free to go which is good.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

BruceCamblzChin wrote:Lego BTTF it is amaze
AKIRA I has one

Can't decide which one to build first :run:
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

BruceCamblzChin wrote:I'm freaking out I have The Hype.
Too soon!
KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

pilonv1 wrote:
BruceCamblzChin wrote:Lego BTTF it is amaze
AKIRA I has one

Can't decide which one to build first :run:
I have bought so much lego in the last month my most recent is Bennys Spaceship, Secret Police Dropship, SW ISD, B-wing and Ghostbusters.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

I'm trying to track down the Ecto one set, lemme know how it goes.
KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

BruceCamblzChin wrote:I'm trying to track down the Ecto one set, lemme know how it goes.
You can buy it from the Australian lego at home store.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

gah!! SS stop lol

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

But I have stopped buying SS stuff, it's been over 18 months since I have stopped my addiction
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

hahahaha I wonder if there will be anything at SDCC
KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

Well that's just great! Just when I think I'm about to get out of collecting Hot Toy's and Sideshow come out with my 2 most wanted.

HT's 1:6 Ellen Ripley with Powerloader:
SS's 1:6 Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike:
And also special mention for something I would love to get but it might be a bit on the expensive side, Marty McFly with the Delorean:
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

:drool: must have that delorean

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

C-3PO looks the goods.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Sideshow booth is Rad. I plan to spend a bit more time there on Sunday.

I personally picked up the Gold SDCC limited edition 30th anniversary Voltron from The Toynami Booth.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

What? You're telling me they have a large He Man and Skeletor for $75 each at the Matty Collector stand!!??!
KillKen
lazy

Post by KillKen »

Voltron looks good Chaos :).

Man I want that Avengers Age of Ultron T-Shirt.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Cletus wrote:What? You're telling me they have a large He Man and Skeletor for $75 each at the Matty Collector stand!!??!

Do they? I've been looking for something exclusive vs just retail stuff on the floor. I have ideas but the place is mental.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

They do. The Matty Collector stand has a number of MOTU exclusives. The giant heman and skeletor look superb. Original version. I'd assume they'd be cumbersome. Matty Collctor emailed me yesterday with their exclusives list.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Looks like the yf-30 is coming out now (tommorrow is official release date) as I have been seeing pics of it on boards.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-111209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.p ... &p=1143993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will order one of these when I get enough money. :up: Just blew a hole in the wallet from the bluray MacF movie boxset. (see the anime thread for info) :P The animation on the second movie was awesome - first movie not so much given it is just quick re-telling of tv series with alternate path. Movie 1 is just like intro of main characters for movie 2. Movie 2 = new shit with cooler more advanced mecha and great action scenes.

Don't know how accurate this looks compared to the appearance in the ps3 game because I didn't play it. But I would imagine it to be close given they are CG models and base the toy off of it. In terms of design it just looks like the human just copied the idea of the zentradi powered armor with the missile rack hanging off the back.

I guess this might be the official main fighter for the next macross tv series? (just guessing)
First version of the fighter is the Y prototype and then comes the V mass production version.
The gimmick of the yf-30 is the ability to use the back arm thing to carry different loadouts with the missiles being the default. (similar to how the GAT-105 gundam in gundam seed can change weapon set based on mission with ease)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Ordered the YF-30 from CD-Japan last night. A fairly reasonable price considering the instant Bandai pre order sell out routine.

I very nearly didn't bother but since I have a full collection and new valk releases have slowed to a couple a year I deemed it silly skip it.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Here is most of the Swag I got at San Diego Comic-Con 2014.

- SDCC Exclusive 30th Anniversary Voltron (Toynami). * Comes with Gold rather than Chrome of the standard 30th Anniv Ed
- SDCC Exclusive Transformers Vs G.I Joe Covers (issue 1)
- The Loyal Subjects 8" Optimus Prime
- SDCC Exclusive Robotech 30th Anniversary VF-1S
- SDCC Exclusive Kirk Von Hammett Figure. Personally signed by Kirk Hammett
- SDCC Exclusive Lucky dip lego - Bard figure
- SDCC Exclusive (dust Jacket) Udon's Art of Capcom book
- Manu Bennett signature (with personal message for the slackers at work who talk about Arrow and Slade all day everyday).
- Random Swag for attending Panels at Hall H then going out of my way to redeem ticket: Endurance mission badge from "Interstellar", Guardians of the Galaxy thick card stock poster
- Halo Wristband that didn't seem to get me anything special in combination with being in the Cheif Collection Panel and going over to the Xbox Lounge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

America Fuck Yeah!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

What did Manu write? It's hard to see from this angle. How short was he?
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

He wrote:
To a fellow Aussie
Get those boys at "redacted" to do some work!

He was a touch taller than me (I'm 5'10")

FYI because I know you care though this isn't the thread for it. He's pretty ripped but not actually a bulky guy. How do I know this? We were kicking it with him at our hotel up at the pool/Spa.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I missed the yf-30. Will get it when it appears in repaints like the yf-29 did.

Look out in future for if they release weapons packs for the YF-30 because it was designed for being able to load different things on the arm at the back. If you have played that game "Einhander" it sort of like that. (only in that game the arm could put the gunpod/weapon either above or below its butt to fire. I guess in space it doesn't matter since there is no up or down but you know what I mean.)
Collection of pics from swoosh (used hide tag - loads of pics shown):
[Click to see hidden content]

more pics from toysdaily with interesting poses (this has a swivel joint for hips btw):
http://toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread. ... 834&extra=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not really that impressed with bot mode of this. Much like the VF-4 this is probably going to be fighter mode only. I like the design, just that it blends in so close with the vf25 family that it doesn't appear to be more advanced visually and stylistically it still look like a nike shoe. There was a striking difference between a yf-19/21 vs the vf-11. This is a small jump in difference between vf-25/27 and yf-30. It doesn't appear as experimental or 'weird' as I want sinc it just looks like existing tech.

saving up my money for this:

available 2015. Probably be expensive like yf-19 though. (can't expect arcadia to beat bandai at the price since they are only able to do stuff from less popular shows, but you can expect 100 times better pilot sculpts :P )
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Konig Monster from Mac Frontier is being reissued from bandai for those who missed it the first time (only apparent difference is the darker green recolor) :

Wouldn't mind a second but I am short on money. Space is running out too. But this is probably one of the better toys which I think over time may go up in value or be harder to find in future due to the way valkyries are the highlight of all the macross tv shows and not the ground-pounder mechas. If you have the money I would recommend getting it but personally it is way too expensive if you already got it. They are price gouging us.

One of the things I like about webshop preorder exclusive is how it makes it easy for those not in japan to be able to secure one. Just express your interest in wanting it beforehand and you get it. No waiting till wierd hours of the morning to rush and get the retail toys. This is the irony of bandai: they almost don't want money when they make it hard to get the retail-only releases.
It's like they are scared macross will overtake gundam as the best robot show so they stunt it's fanbase by being mean to the toy collectors. If I were in charge I would give exclusive rights to arcadia for Frontier merch by now. These idiots hate us.

edited:

some great in depth reviews on the yf-30 have been popping up:

jenius:
CDX:
text review:
jenius: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=7368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CDX: http://collectiondx.com/toy_review/2014/yf30_chronos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

transformation video (so you don't accidentally break yours the first time you handle it :P ):
congrats to those who were quick enough to get one. Wasn't that hard compared to previous bandai stuff.
..waiting for inevitable announcement of beam cannon attachment for the backpack arm