Do something about that nigger!

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Do something about that nigger!

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 48,00.html
An Aboriginal activist crusading to remove the word "nigger" from a Queensland sports ground grandstand may finally get his way, with the stand set to be demolished.

Stephen Hagan, a lecturer at the University of Southern Queensland, has waged a long campaign to change the name of the ES Nigger Brown stand at the Toowoomba Sports Ground, west of Brisbane.

The offending grandstand was named in 1960 after Edward Stanley "Nigger" Brown, Toowoomba's first rugby league international.

While Mr Hagan lost his seven-year legal battle to change the name, he could be a winner from a state government plan to provide $2 million to build a new stand.

He said any new stand should be named to honour soon to retire Brisbane Broncos rugby league star Shane Webcke, who comes from the Darling Downs region.

Toowoomba Sports Ground Trust chairman John McDonald said the ES Brown Stand was to be bulldozed under the redevelopment plan but no consideration had been given to renaming it.

"When we get the thing built we'll worry about that," Mr McDonald, the chairman of the Queensland Rugby League and a former Test centre said.

"Certainly there's lots of people that would be considered.

"Shane's a good friend of mine and he's a terrific player and I respect him because he's just been so great for the game.

"But we'd just have to look at who we'd consider for that position for the naming rights."

Mr Brown, who died in 1972 aged 74, was Caucasian and was believed to have earned the nickname because of his extremely fair complexion or because he had a penchant for using "Nigger Brown" shoe polish.

The trust insists the name is not racist and Mr Hagan has unsuccessfully argued before the Human Rights and Equal Opportunities Commission, the Federal Court and the Full Federal Court to have it removed.

Deputy Premier Anna Bligh, who announced the redevelopment funding during September 9 election campaigning today, said any decision on a name for the new stand was up to the trust.
Up yours nigger! :lol:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

why would an aboriginal find that term offensive?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

who knows! Coon cheese forever!
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Don't you know?

All black people apparently identify with the word "nigger" even though its a slang term for "negro" and aboriginals are of polynesian origin. The Lebs do it too by identifying themselves as wogs even though its supposed to be slang for italians, greeks and (to a more limited extent) macedonians.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

japanese find 'jap' offensive, same as 'nip' which I'm guessing is nippon.

Both those words seem fair game to me.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Have you been in bed with a wog? Oh no, I'm married!
:lol: :lol:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

yeah I don't know what's offensive about 'jap', I assume it goes back to WW2 when everyone called them japs but why does that make it offensive?

you can't offend aussies and kiwis, i've never seen a kiwi get the shits when called a sheep fucker.
it's sticks and stones down here.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I am offended by the American pronounciation of Aussie. Arsey indeed :evil:

Bloody Yanks :P :wink:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

What I dislike is white people calling each other nigga/nigger. Happened a few weeks ago to me - playing Basketball (Social comp) against this team of younger bogan blokes, this little weed with a 2-foot long blonde ratstail came up before the jump ball, stuck his hand out and said 'Good game, Nigger.' I shook his hand and said 'Thanks champ. But I'm not black.'
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Jizzy McLobber wrote:yeah I don't know what's offensive about 'jap', I assume it goes back to WW2 when everyone called them japs but why does that make it offensive?

you can't offend aussies and kiwis, i've never seen a kiwi get the shits when called a sheep fucker.
it's sticks and stones down here.
Yeah it's apparently what the Chinese called the Japanese, and they hate each other.
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

oooo, this IS a hard topic....
In the music known as 'hip-hop' black rappers address each other all the time as 'nigger' but it's wrong if a caucasian like me call them a 'nigger'?

Nick Geolaupaditopitis or whatever the fuck his name is a self-proclaimed, like in the movie, a 'wog' boy. But it's wrong if a causcasian like me to call him and others like him a 'wog'?

And if you say (from one white to another) "yea, good game mah nigger..." you're a fuckin bloody idiot loser.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

the way I see it is most people need to lighten up, most of the time there's no ill intentions so what's the problem?

I try to avoid using these terms still, they don't mean anything to me but others are precious about it.

if it was intended as an insult by all means get the shits!
then again other words like 'fuckwit', 'cunt' and 'cocksucker' have the same effect then.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

They are trying to empower what is deemed to be a negative word. I don;t think they should be doing that, if anything they should be trying to remove all meaning from it.

A funny look at is is the "Nigger" sketch by Dave Chapelle, It's about a family of white people with the surname Nigger.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Classic Niggar humour.
Candy Arse