So what actually happened?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

So what actually happened?

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

:? :(

I've been trying to piece together just what the hell has happened, a little comment here, another comment there but it still feels like I only know 1/4 of what's going on. Probably less.

Here's what I saw happen:

A WoW video was posted by ilce in the Games and Hardware section on PlayNOW! People objected because there is four WoW sections for that sort of thing. ilce said it was for non-WoW people to enjoy. The people who complained got banned, but I think most of them were allowed back.

Something seems to have happened in the Xbox Live section. I have no idea because I don't have Xbox Live so don't post there.

mech got banned for some unknown (to me) reason, and Candy Arse noticed and mentioned it in the GoldenEye thread. More people got banned and things got really crazy.

And now I'm here, invited by Pat and Boomy.

Now personally I've never had any problems with ilce (who everyone seems annoyed with) and DJ Fusion (who as far as I can tell no one is annoyed with, but he seems to be on ilce's "side" so to speak :? ). Was it just the anti-WoW posts that set ilce off, or was it something else: things posted on other forums (that I don't go to), real life stuff (I understand a lot of you guys know each other in real life) or what?

Surely it wasn't just the anti-WoW posts. Everyone on PlayNOW! argued about everything, so it's not like WoW was a unique event in that regard.

Clearly I'm confused. I haven't been this confused since Oblivion was announced for PS3.

:oops:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Well Ambrose, youre as in the dark about it as the rest of us. Ilce has offered fuck all explanations apart from saying certain people were acting like dickheads and he wasnt going to tolerate it anymore.

There was also a private forum for our XBL clan that you needed Ilce to enable you to access it. Jizz and Sonic Jam had been requesting access to it for a number of weeks but Ilce was just being a cunt and not giving it to them (because of the previous WoW bagging incidents). Yet Ilce would readily grant access to the private WoW forum for just about anyone who played WoW on a seconds notice. People were getting pissed off with the double standards that Ilce was showing and it all just came to a head over the weekend.

I wasnt directly affected by any of it, but I came over here because I couldnt be fucked being part of the bullshit at PN.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I can tell you what happened from my angle (this will revolve around myself and my thoughts).

From what I can tell this started back when someone posted a WoW thread in the games forum, something about beating a boss character.
I don't think anyone had a problem with WoW in general, but some members didn't like the idea of WoW threads being posted in the games forum when there's already 4 WoW specific forums... so there was a bit of an arguement there, I wasn't very involved in that.

About a month ago ilce posted a WoW montage video (or something) in the gaming forum, of course this pissed off the same people and was probably seen as a deliberate attempt to piss off the non WoW community of playnow, especially when you consider the fact it was made an announcement and stuck at the top of the forum.
So there's another shitfight, again I didn't have much to do with it 'till I made a post with my gag account (Mr Horse said "WoW thread in the games forum?" "No Sir! I don't like it!") which was intended to make people laugh.
Soon after Ilce removed the XBL forum, his reason was "you post XBL related stuff here so you don't need it".
Of Course this massive over-reaction pissed everyone off, and XBL specific threads sprouted all over the games forum, I was banned as were a few others (can't remember who, pat was one).

S_J missed the whole thing but was on our side, he followed a link on PN to the forum of the people who host the place these days (egn) and created a thread asking who he can talk to about the shit that's going on, I joined him and we told them the story.
Shortly after S_J was banned from playnow, the host is a mate of ilce and a PN wow guildy, he was banned for his actions at ANOTHER FORUM!

Eventually the XBL forum was restored and the bans lifted (there were plenty) and everything went back to normal.

But during that time myself and S_J needed access to the team cowboy private forum as we are both in the clan, however no cowboys (inc cletus who was mod of XBL/cowboys) had the power to give access so we had to ask ilce, cletus messaged ilce (as he did for other cowboys I assume) notifying him but ilce would not give us access... I wasn't told why and I don't think cletus was either, this is BS because we didn't have control of our clan and we needed access!
A few days ago I noticed a thread in the WoW forum (was viewable from the outside as it was most recent), some newb asked for access to their private forum, and DJ had replied shortly after with "done and done"... so I politely asked if I can get access to the XBL private forum and gave reasons, the thread was removed and I STILL didn't have access.

I had enough and created a thread in the XBL forum telling people what's going on, and we were being screwed because we had no control of our own clan and we were relying on an petty mod to give us access.

some people posted their opinions, friik said 4bg would probably make a section for us, ilce deleted his account... then mech replied saying friik was banned and he's happy to give us a section at 4bg, ilce deleted his account... (the rest of the thread is available in the pool room forum here at games ranch), then my account was deleted a bit later.
Ilce also removed the team cowboy private forum.

Naturally people got the shits, especially candy arse who noticed Mech's account was unrigistered in the goldeneye thread, that's where the arguement took off, you probably read it.

Ilce tried to justify his actions but nobody bought it, his comments were laughable if anything (check my sig for a goody :D )... and apparently we're all liars!

Nobody wanted this to happen, a lot of us have been at PN for over 6 years, but ilce is untouchable at PN and his actions were out of order and went against what playnow is all about

feel free to correct me if i'm off the mark.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

can we get some people to work on this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... &section=6

pat, jizz
you two seem on top of what happened better than most
vision
Conspiracy Theorist
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by vision »

Haha, yeah I checked to see if Talez had updated that further.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Today

Today, PlayNOW's core contingent remains largely changed. Most people around 4-5 years ago are banned. In general the forum displays a major slant to World of Warcraft, and no other consoles or games co-exist and provide enjoyable discussion topics (along with a spice) that make you want to come back, even if it is just to watch the battle.

In addition to World of Warcraft videogame discussion, the forum provides one of the very few meeting places that exist for Australian World of Warcraft users to arrange games amongst themselves, and is home to an Australian World of Warcraft Guild.

Did we mention that we like World of Warcraft at Playnow? If you don't agree with that, we'll ban you!
van

Post by van »

How does something "remain largely changed"? Heh.

:D
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Fuck insecure little cockhead banned me too :) He's going to be awful lonely over there shortly.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I thought you'd cop the ban stick for that link :D
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

I thought it would take an extremely insecure loser to ban me for something so small.

I knew i should've bagged on WOW to make the most of the ban :(

LOL. Ah well, it's already feeling more like PN here then it does there now.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

And through all this I still have PN access, even after that PSP thread. Guess thats confirmation DJ is a goodguy.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Yeah, he is. He just tampers with peoples profiles for fun.
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

BOOMY wrote:And through all this I still have PN access, even after that PSP thread. Guess thats confirmation DJ is a goodguy.
DJ is still a fucking tool in my book.... I dont care if he's here reading this.... majority probably dont agree though and thats fine.....
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

I thought he was a massive tool for running damage control on the last two incidents, but then you have to realise he deals with Ilce on more than just moderating PN, so it's not in his interests to piss the guy off.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Can't really hold ilce's actions against DJ. They're mates in RL aren't they? It must suck for him as he would want to stand by that regardless of agreeing/disagreeing.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

I've been tempted to rename the NRL thread title for the last time.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

I say do it. We're on Page 3 here now... just in time for Origin 3 and finals footy. Won't make 100+ pages probably... but next year is going to be massive :D
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

there we fucking go you lazy slags
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayNOW%21#The_Forum_Wars
someone tidy it up, i've had enough for one day
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I cleaned it up a little bit - made it a little more subjective.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

And someone beat me to it. Looks better now anyway, my heart wasn't in it (been up since 5am)
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sorry rorscharch, I must have started about the same time you did. Go ahead and fix what I probably fucked up!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Nah, it looks good. Selfish did a decent job but it looked like a rant - much better now. Have to keep it balanced otherwise someone will have it deleted.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I;m not sure if 4bg should be on the list of forums that didn't like Playnow members posting on them as I do not think this is the case at all, I"m yet to see those guys exclude anyone, I should know I gave them heaps of shit but they never stopped me going on their forums.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

thanks guys, i just tried to get as much of jizz's summary up there into somewhat wiki-format, it's much better now with your edits. :up:
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Froggy wrote:I;m not sure if 4bg should be on the list of forums that didn't like Playnow members posting on them as I do not think this is the case at all, I"m yet to see those guys exclude anyone, I should know I gave them heaps of shit but they never stopped me going on their forums.
I think they mean that they didn't like seeing PlayNOW members post at those other forums?