So, how about this weather eh?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Re: So, how about this weather eh?

Post by Lepo5 »

Great........seafood panties for the rest of the week.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I will be wearing as little clothes as possible so that means no panties for me too. Anyone else going to join us? GameHED, going to lose the diapers?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

My first Australian heatwave.

*sheds tear* Or is that my eye sweating?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Pussies!
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Yeah, sweaty, slimy, stinky ones.
Candy Arse wrote:
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

I seem to recall there was some sort of fuck off summer thread a while back... cunts complaining about summer being too hot. In Australia.

Weakest shit I've ever read. 40+ everyday in ADL this week and I fucking love it.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I bought an evaporative cooler when it got above 40... I've used it twice... ffs...
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Lovely 22°C here in Devonport today, although I'm not sure it'll get there. Currently 18°C.

...pity about the 'Devonport' bit...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Once you know it's going to get to 40, people in Melbourne sort of lose their minds.

40 degree days are nothing to worry about...it's the 30 degree nights that can fuck off.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I couldn't agree more.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

jahooley wrote:I seem to recall there was some sort of fuck off summer thread a while back... cunts complaining about summer being too hot. In Australia.

Weakest shit I've ever read. 40+ everyday in ADL this week and I fucking love it.
Yeah I remember that thread, I think Cletus created it but I couldn't find it in the search so I bumped this one :/.

We got out evaporative cooler installed today. Our old one of 17 years was playing up so we decided to replace it and not take any risks seeing how hot it's going to be. It's currently blowing the new car smell throughout the house.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

At 40+ the heat burns most of the moisture out of the air lowering humidity dramatically. I can handle that fine but when the temp approaches 30 and the humidity is 85%+ and the sweat from my armpits joins the sweat from my ball sack and I start walking like my arse cheeks are chewing a mintie, I feel somewhat uncomfortable.
Candy Arse wrote:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Not sure if you'd have preferred the 42 deg day we had in Brisbane the other day.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Lepo5 wrote:At 40+ the heat burns most of the moisture out of the air lowering humidity dramatically. I can handle that fine but when the temp approaches 30 and the humidity is 85%+ and the sweat from my armpits joins the sweat from my ball sack and I start walking like my arse cheeks are chewing a mintie, I feel somewhat uncomfortable.
Wait, what? "Burns the moisture out of the air"? What do you think happens above 40 degrees, the hydrogen and oxygen atoms get separated and the water disappears?

I don't know much about how humidity works relative to temperature (other than it doesn't burn away), so I had a look at Wikipedia - if I'm reading it right, air at higher temperatures actually holds more moisture. But that water has less of an impact on how humid it feels, i.e. so more water has the same relative humidity.

Having spent a ton of time in 40 degree 100% humidity areas, I can tell you that the moisture does not get 'burnt away' :)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I don't understand it either, but that 42 deg day in Brisbane recently also had the lowest level of humidity for the month.

Edit: But since you rarely ever see Cairns/Townsville hit 40 degrees, it's probably the low humidity that drives the temperature up.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Cairns doesn't need to hit 40 degrees. Every day there in summer is fucked :lol:
mech

Post by mech »

Madmya wrote:I don't understand it either, but that 42 deg day in Brisbane recently also had the lowest level of humidity for the month.

Edit: But since you rarely ever see Cairns/Townsville hit 40 degrees, it's probably the low humidity that drives the temperature up.
I think it must be 'relative' rather than 'absolute' - hotter temps hold more water at the same relative humidity, i.e. same amount of water = lower humidity at higher temps.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You're right, it was relative humidity. Those days that hit 40 usually have a cloudless sky too, I've heard people refer to that as the clouds being 'burnt away', that is easier to imagine.

And yes, fuck Cairns! Emerald have had the least enjoyable summer's I've experienced though.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

flipswitch wrote:
jahooley wrote:I seem to recall there was some sort of fuck off summer thread a while back... cunts complaining about summer being too hot. In Australia.

Yeah I remember that thread, I think Cletus created it but I couldn't find it in the search so I bumped this one :/.

We got out evaporative cooler installed today. Our old one of 17 years was playing up so we decided to replace it and not take any risks seeing how hot it's going to be. It's currently blowing the new car smell throughout the house.

I think you mean this thread http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=8558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which was three pages back. And it was created by Pilon.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Ok Pilon.

Tomorrow is now 43 degrees!
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

mech wrote:
Lepo5 wrote:At 40+ the heat burns most of the moisture out of the air lowering humidity dramatically. I can handle that fine but when the temp approaches 30 and the humidity is 85%+ and the sweat from my armpits joins the sweat from my ball sack and I start walking like my arse cheeks are chewing a mintie, I feel somewhat uncomfortable.
Wait, what? "Burns the moisture out of the air"? What do you think happens above 40 degrees, the hydrogen and oxygen atoms get separated and the water disappears? -heard of evaporation have you.

I don't know much about how humidity works relative to temperature (other than it doesn't burn away), so I had a look at Wikipedia - if I'm reading it right, air at higher temperatures actually holds more moisture. But that water has less of an impact on how humid it feels, i.e. so more water has the same relative humidity.

Having spent a ton of time in 40 degree 100% humidity areas, I can tell you that the moisture does not get 'burnt away' :)
I was talking about Sydney where once we reach 40 the humidity plummets - I don't feel the need to run off to a wiki before making a comment, I'm happy with my description.
Candy Arse wrote:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Hahaha I love how angry lepo is these days.
mech

Post by mech »

Ahahahaha indeed. How dare someone want to understand how the world works and 'run off to a wiki'. The water burns out of the air, the end!
mech

Post by mech »

Oh I just noticed Lepo added a comment to my quote. What do you think evaporation is Lepo? The water in the air isn't in liquid form. Here's a hint, from running to a wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Humidity is the amount of water vapor in the air.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_vapor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
water vapor is continuously generated by evaporation
Edit: Okay, that was a little bit arseholish, but willful ignorance annoys me. Plus it's my job on this forum.
Last edited by mech on 13 Jan 2014 05:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Oh dear Mech after all these years you're still an insufferable wanker.

Yeah I know what evaporation is, I went to primary school too. I don't however run off to the Net so I can be a pedantic fucktard and poke fun at other people's posts. My comment was fine, it was understood by most readers.

I'm only 6ft tall so water vapour collecting and condensing (via evaporation) at cloud level doesn't affect my level of comfort.
Candy Arse wrote: