10HD wins again - NBA in HD today

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

just watching it now, it still looks good and much better than the SD channel. if this is the price i have to pay for a FREE HD sport channel I'll take it
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Pariah wrote:
yes ive watched it...and they dont look as good compared to the newsgroup rips of the stuff from the u.s..lower bitrate more compression artifacts when panning...

also ten hd was one of if not the best hd channel in australia paid or free to air...now they are degrading the bitrate on hd feed for this other channel..
Wha? I was talking about ESPN HD and Fox Sports HD ... live sport. That's all I care about.

Isn't TEN showing ESPN feeds? Can't see how it was that much better ... doubt the bitrate would have been that that much higher. I don't wanna watch rips of sport? Live or nothing for me.
Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Post by Pariah »

Cardsy wrote:
Pariah wrote:
yes ive watched it...and they dont look as good compared to the newsgroup rips of the stuff from the u.s..lower bitrate more compression artifacts when panning...

also ten hd was one of if not the best hd channel in australia paid or free to air...now they are degrading the bitrate on hd feed for this other channel..
Wha? I was talking about ESPN HD and Fox Sports HD ... live sport. That's all I care about.

Isn't TEN showing ESPN feeds? Can't see how it was that much better ... doubt the bitrate would have been that that much higher. I don't wanna watch rips of sport? Live or nothing for me.
i thought we were talking about quality here man...

USENET RIPS >>> TEN HD OR FOXTEL

they are huge in size but thats the price of quality...

all the rips and that from usenet prove that HD feeds in australia were lacking...

whatever most people dont even notice or know what they are missing out on..if i had unlimited download limit i would gladly give up watching live feeds to download usenet rips to watch an hour or two after the game is done.. :up:
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

OMG ACCORDING TO EBROADCAST THERES TWO LIVE GAMES ON TOMORROW

Dallas @ New Orleans
Portland @ Denver

:bow: TEN HD WINS AGAIN :bow:
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

cant wait till ONE HD sports comes out on the 26th of this month

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

By the way, switch 10 on tonight at 6pm Sydney time!!!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Why's that Ags?

Does anyone else have international league pass? This years great, sportscentre is on after the espn feeds and they show all games now even if TNT or ESPN which they haven't in the past or I fucked up signing up somehow. I watched 3 games at work today lol

Oh and if you run a media centre pc then gold
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Just a preview for One HD
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Froggy wrote:Why's that Ags?

Does anyone else have international league pass? This years great, sportscentre is on after the espn feeds and they show all games now even if TNT or ESPN which they haven't in the past or I fucked up signing up somehow. I watched 3 games at work today lol

I have it. I was impressed initially, especially since without Foxtel I couldn't see any NBA. Now I'm sick of the shitty software (US version can be watched via PS3 web browser), sick of it being 4:3, sick of the buffering and sick of the replays not being on demand.

Not sure if I'll get it next year with all the NBA on FTA.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

pilonv1 wrote:
Froggy wrote:Why's that Ags?

I have it. I was impressed initially, especially since without Foxtel I couldn't see any NBA. Now I'm sick of the shitty software (US version can be watched via PS3 web browser), sick of it being 4:3, sick of the buffering and sick of the replays not being on demand.

Not sure if I'll get it next year with all the NBA on FTA.
Yep good points but compared to last years NBA League pass that I couldn't even get to work on my computer at home (kept telling me I was in a blackout zone ffs) it's a huge improvement I can only expect that next season they'll roll out some of the features you are after. I don't tend to watch replays at all only live so it's great for me, means I can watch the Bulls all the time to!
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Here's some info on one for those of us in 'regional' Australia - http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/03/one" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ss-up.html
ONE may be launching next week to city viewers but regional television viewers will be waiting until mid year to see the new 24hr sports channel on Southern Cross Television.
I'll believe it when I see it.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Not surprised about that, HD in regional areas is a joke.

:btw TWO Golden State games this week! I know they will lose both games but I get to see my team.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Megaman wrote:Here's some info on one for those of us in 'regional' Australia - http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/03/one" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ss-up.html
ONE may be launching next week to city viewers but regional television viewers will be waiting until mid year to see the new 24hr sports channel on Southern Cross Television.
next year?!!...fark. I heard that the new ONE HD channel is coming to regional areas but it will be telecast only on 576i?...anyone else heard this?
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

if you get ONE Digital (channel 12) then you will be getting it now. If not then I would suspect it won't launch this month. SC don't have the ability to do much about it, I suspect they would if they could.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

edgecrusher wrote:
Megaman wrote:Here's some info on one for those of us in 'regional' Australia - http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/03/one" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ss-up.html
next year?!!...fark. I heard that the new ONE HD channel is coming to regional areas but it will be telecast only on 576i?...anyone else heard this?
says mid year, so I'm guessing June/July.
flipswitch
que
que

Re: 10HD wins again - NBA in HD today

Post by flipswitch »

Now that channel 10 has added another channel (TVSN) , One HD is now in SD.Channel 10 has no HD channels! Thank you mpeg2!
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Real sports fans have no choice but to pony up for Fox HD.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

NBA league pass streamed through to my TV at FULL HD with PVR functionality was better than any offer you could find anywhere else. TV losses again!
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Cardsy wrote:Real sports fans have no choice but to pony up for Fox HD.
It's been like this for years.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Although I reckon instead of fox these days I think NFL/NBA/MLB fans would opt for HD streaming yeah? Why settle for 3 games a week on fox when u could have every game.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

With NFL games I prefer to record them and start watching around 90 minutes into the broadcast so I can fast forward through the legion of ad breaks.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

And I will say that so far Fox Sports have dropped the ball with their NFL coverage on Monday mornings. Their game selection is often poor and for some reason aren't broadcasting any of the 4pm/4:15pm (US time) games.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

what the hell is tvsn?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

GreyWizzard wrote:what the hell is tvsn?

Tv shopping network.

Froggy, streaming from nba tv was great.I had my pc connected to my tv.The quality was really good, and I agree it's the best way to get the nba. I LOVE THIS GAME etc.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Candy Arse wrote:With NFL games I prefer to record them and start watching around 90 minutes into the broadcast so I can fast forward through the legion of ad breaks.
u can skip the ad breaks with the streaming software.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!