The Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead at 44

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I don't think anyone here finds September 11 hilarious to joke about (although people love to speculate that it was staged etc.). I'd like too see how many names of the people that died they knew if they were joking about it though.
Nah, people on here do think it's funny, just ask Cletus and co about what they get up to on Live.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I'm not sure if they think it's funny (I don't think it is), I just know the reaction it gets is funny.
mech

Post by mech »

And what's the difference? You're using it to get a laugh regardless.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

to me it has nothing to do with the topic, I just like hearing amaricans cry, and that's the best way to get a reaction.
the majority of amaricans in games like halo2 are jerks, they are just getting a little payback.
mech

Post by mech »

Didn't your mum tell you two wrongs don't make a right Jizz? :P
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

steve irwin would have probably helped the world more than any of those 2,900 odd people would have.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
mech

Post by mech »

see jahooley and mx?
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

mech wrote:Didn't your mum tell you two wrongs don't make a right Jizz? :P
well you basically said making croc hunter jokes is ok because people make 9/11 jokes! ;)
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

The people who were killed on 9/11 didn't wrestle terrorists.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

And Steve Irwin wasn't killed by his government.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Pat

Post by Pat »

mech wrote:
I don't think anyone here finds September 11 hilarious to joke about (although people love to speculate that it was staged etc.). I'd like too see how many names of the people that died they knew if they were joking about it though.
Nah, people on here do think it's funny, just ask Cletus and co about what they get up to on Live.
Yeah I know what you mean mech, and I know its low. Sometimes there's no better way than to shut some little shit up who keeps calling you a "faggot gay nigger" with every single breath. I dont like joking about 9/11, but I do like making these idiots shut the fuck up.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

OK, so who saw the computer animated re-enactment of Steve's death on the Channel Seven 'tribute'? I think it's set a new benchmark for tasteless and pointless news graphics.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

mech wrote:
That's pretty broad stroke,Mech.

You know as well as everyone else who voted in the poll what the AlqaidaAirlines gamertag was designed to do.If you need reminding,it was to piss off american gamers on LIVE.It's not poking fun at the event itself,but at America and yes,it's as tasteless as things get.It's supposed to be.

I still use the tag proudly.

EDIT: Funny isn't in the name so much as the reaction it gets.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Too_soon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'll never understand why it's ok to be racist against Americans?

Then again, I have no problems with Cletus's gamertag (which is funny), or Steve Irwin jokes.

Just call me twiztid.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Something to do with counter-culture. America being powerful and whatnot, and invading the rest of the world culturally, and people protecting their something or others.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

FEMINIST Germaine Greer should keep her thoughts about the death of Steve Irwin to herself, Labor foreign affairs spokesman Kevin Rudd said today.

In an article in British newspaper The Guardian, Ms Greer said that the animal world had finally taken revenge on Irwin for causing stress to the animals he handled.

"I think Germaine Greer should just stick a sock in it," Mr Rudd said in Canberra today.

"You have got a grieving mother, you have got a couple of grieving young kids and a grieving nation and what to you get from Germaine Greer? You get a bucket load of politically correct pap – it's just nonsense.

"Steve Irwin was a nature conservationist, an animal conservationist and made a huge contribution to the preservation of wildlife worldwide.

"And what do we get from Germaine Greer? - some gratuitous, politically correct claptrap. She should put a sock in it," he said.

Greer said she had "not much sympathy" for Irwin if he was grappling with the stingray that killed him on the Great Barrier Reef.

Those on the boot with Irwin say he was not in any way harassing the stringray when it lashed out at him as he swan over it.

But The Guardian quoted Greer as saying: "As a Melbourne boy, Irwin should have had a healthy respect for stingrays, which are actually commoner and bigger in southern waters than they are near Port Douglas."

She described Irwin's behaviour as "bizarre", noting the famed incident when he held his baby son while feeding a crocodile during a show at his Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast.

"The whole spectacle was revolting," Greer said.

"The crocodile would rather have been anywhere else and the chicken had a grim life too, but that's entertainment at Australia Zoo.

"The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin, but probably not before a whole generation of kids in shorts seven sizes too small has learned to shout in the ears of animals with hearing ten times more acute than theirs, determined to become millionaire animal-loving zoo-owners in their turn."

Police yesterday said footage of the incident showed Irwin in no way harassed or provoked the stingray.
Someone needs to tell that slut to put her hands down her pants, and when she realises she has no penis she should GET THE FUCK BACK IN THE KITCHEN WHERE SHE BELONGS.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Cletus wrote:This will become one of the most commonly used jokes on the intertron in no time.

What time frame are you guys looking at for a mourning period.I give any celebrity (even those I adore) about 12 seconds before you can make light of it.
Comedians will usually wait a week.
There were 1/2 a doz jokes circulating England within 24hrs of the news. Thing was, I was being told these jokes and I didnt get them, because I hadnt heard about his death the day before. One extract I saw from an article that was on the front page of the Guardian said 'The Animals get their Revenge'. Wasnt sure what to make of that.

**EFB**
Didnt see the post above on the same Guardian article.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Well of those half a dozen jokes circulating the UK,I got the two you sent to me via SMS. :up:

I mean :down: :wink:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

One thing is a lot of the world do see him in the light that he was portrayed in the southpark sketch. A crazed man who enjoys jamming his thumb up an animal's butt to get it really pissed off.

Hence why people are making the animal revenge jokes / comments.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Twiztid Elf wrote:I'll never understand why it's ok to be racist against Americans?
Spot what's wrong with that sentence...

That's right, Americans aren't a race unto their own!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Like us really.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Seraph wrote:Something to do with counter-culture. America being powerful and whatnot, and invading the rest of the world culturally, and people protecting their something or others.
And that justifys racism?

I agree Unfunk, but if I just said "I'll never understand why it's ok to be racist?", the point would be missed in the growing trend of blind A-OK Anti-American racism.
Peoples hypocrisy and ignorance will never justify their attempted political correctness.
Pat

Post by Pat »

'American' isnt a race. Hell, America isn't even a country.
Misly
Blackened is the end
XBL ID: Misly

Post by Misly »

Madmya wrote:
FEMINIST Germaine Greer should keep her thoughts about the death of Steve Irwin to herself, Labor foreign affairs spokesman Kevin Rudd said today.

In an article in British newspaper The Guardian, Ms Greer said that the animal world had finally taken revenge on Irwin for causing stress to the animals he handled.................
Someone needs to tell that slut to put her hands down her pants, and when she realises she has no penis she should GET THE FUCK BACK IN THE KITCHEN WHERE SHE BELONGS.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve was a legend. He made alot of people happy.

R.I.P Steve