The Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead at 44

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Pat

Post by Pat »

Madmya wrote:
FEMINIST Germaine Greer should keep her thoughts about the death of Steve Irwin to herself, Labor foreign affairs spokesman Kevin Rudd said today.

In an article in British newspaper The Guardian, Ms Greer said that the animal world had finally taken revenge on Irwin for causing stress to the animals he handled.

"I think Germaine Greer should just stick a sock in it," Mr Rudd said in Canberra today.

"You have got a grieving mother, you have got a couple of grieving young kids and a grieving nation and what to you get from Germaine Greer? You get a bucket load of politically correct pap – it's just nonsense.

"Steve Irwin was a nature conservationist, an animal conservationist and made a huge contribution to the preservation of wildlife worldwide.

"And what do we get from Germaine Greer? - some gratuitous, politically correct claptrap. She should put a sock in it," he said.

Greer said she had "not much sympathy" for Irwin if he was grappling with the stingray that killed him on the Great Barrier Reef.

Those on the boot with Irwin say he was not in any way harassing the stringray when it lashed out at him as he swan over it.

But The Guardian quoted Greer as saying: "As a Melbourne boy, Irwin should have had a healthy respect for stingrays, which are actually commoner and bigger in southern waters than they are near Port Douglas."

She described Irwin's behaviour as "bizarre", noting the famed incident when he held his baby son while feeding a crocodile during a show at his Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast.

"The whole spectacle was revolting," Greer said.

"The crocodile would rather have been anywhere else and the chicken had a grim life too, but that's entertainment at Australia Zoo.

"The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin, but probably not before a whole generation of kids in shorts seven sizes too small has learned to shout in the ears of animals with hearing ten times more acute than theirs, determined to become millionaire animal-loving zoo-owners in their turn."

Police yesterday said footage of the incident showed Irwin in no way harassed or provoked the stingray.
Someone needs to tell that slut to put her hands down her pants, and when she realises she has no penis she should GET THE FUCK BACK IN THE KITCHEN WHERE SHE BELONGS.
What a stupid fucking elitist, uninformed, retarted cock-smoking slutfaced shitcock whorebag. The bitch has a 50hectare prperty smack in the middle of a rainforest in queensland, and she's lecturing someone who bought up tracts of land (quietly) so they wouldnt get logged and cause habitat loss?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fucking whorebag slut. I'm throwing a party when she dies.
kwijibo

Post by kwijibo »

I saw her on ch9 last night. Shes a disgrace. If she wanted to make a point about Irwin being cruel to animals, she could have done it years ago. Why come out now 2 days after he's dead and make a big scene?

Attention Whore.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

i really don't see how greer's comments were in any way "politically correct"
i mean really wtf at that entire article - we hear from germaine greer for no reason other than she's being controversial ad usual, and then responding to her, for no reason other than he'll comment when asked - kevin bloody rudd
what a horrible mish mash of pointless people no one cares about
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

selfish wrote:what a horrible mish mash of pointless people no one cares about
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Twiztid Elf wrote:
Seraph wrote:Something to do with counter-culture. America being powerful and whatnot, and invading the rest of the world culturally, and people protecting their something or others.
And that justifys racism?
It's how Hitler justified the Holocaust.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Pat wrote:'American' isnt a race. Hell, America isn't even a country.
Oh ok. It must be ok to hate asians then? Asia isn't a country.

:lol: :lol:
Hahaha. Just noticed 'Team Wowboy'. I like. :up:
Pat

Post by Pat »

Twiztid Elf wrote:
Pat wrote:'American' isnt a race. Hell, America isn't even a country.
Oh ok. It must be ok to hate asians then? Asia isn't a country.
:lol: what the fuck are you on?!

(edited)

There are generally races along the lines of European, African, Asian, (native) American, and (might be wrong here) Australasian. Youre confusing racism with prejudice against nationalities, which unfortunately cant be called "nationalism" :D
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

According to the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
Article I

1. In this Convention, the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin
So the UN, just like anyone with a scrap of common sense, understands that you can be racist against Americans.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Its still a misuse of the term.
Last edited by Pat on 07 Sep 2006 08:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Pat wrote:
Madmya wrote:
FEMINIST Germaine Greer should keep her thoughts about the death of Steve Irwin to herself, Labor foreign affairs spokesman Kevin Rudd said today.

In an article in British newspaper The Guardian, Ms Greer said that the animal world had finally taken revenge on Irwin for causing stress to the animals he handled.

"I think Germaine Greer should just stick a sock in it," Mr Rudd said in Canberra today.

"You have got a grieving mother, you have got a couple of grieving young kids and a grieving nation and what to you get from Germaine Greer? You get a bucket load of politically correct pap – it's just nonsense.

"Steve Irwin was a nature conservationist, an animal conservationist and made a huge contribution to the preservation of wildlife worldwide.

"And what do we get from Germaine Greer? - some gratuitous, politically correct claptrap. She should put a sock in it," he said.

Greer said she had "not much sympathy" for Irwin if he was grappling with the stingray that killed him on the Great Barrier Reef.

Those on the boot with Irwin say he was not in any way harassing the stringray when it lashed out at him as he swan over it.

But The Guardian quoted Greer as saying: "As a Melbourne boy, Irwin should have had a healthy respect for stingrays, which are actually commoner and bigger in southern waters than they are near Port Douglas."

She described Irwin's behaviour as "bizarre", noting the famed incident when he held his baby son while feeding a crocodile during a show at his Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast.

"The whole spectacle was revolting," Greer said.

"The crocodile would rather have been anywhere else and the chicken had a grim life too, but that's entertainment at Australia Zoo.

"The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin, but probably not before a whole generation of kids in shorts seven sizes too small has learned to shout in the ears of animals with hearing ten times more acute than theirs, determined to become millionaire animal-loving zoo-owners in their turn."

Police yesterday said footage of the incident showed Irwin in no way harassed or provoked the stingray.
Someone needs to tell that slut to put her hands down her pants, and when she realises she has no penis she should GET THE FUCK BACK IN THE KITCHEN WHERE SHE BELONGS.
What a stupid fucking elitist, uninformed, retarted cock-smoking slutfaced shitcock whorebag. The bitch has a 50hectare prperty smack in the middle of a rainforest in queensland, and she's lecturing someone who bought up tracts of land (quietly) so they wouldnt get logged and cause habitat loss?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fucking whorebag slut. I'm throwing a party when she dies.
The fact is she does'nt no S*@&.........And I'm guessing she has never watched a complete episode of any of Steve's shows. If she did she would see that everything she said was wrong.

She is nothing more than a bitter old woman, who has never had an orgazm and who has spent her entire life on the rag. There is a reason why she moved to England cause she would feel at home among all the other whinging poms.

I guess she is just so pissed off at Steve because......

1. He is a male and succesful
2. He has spent his entire life living it to the fullist and enjoying it, while she sits around and moans about how bad her life is.
3. Because he is a male
4. He had a successful, meaningful marriage which is something she will never have.
5. More people pay attention to him and in the process have learnt more from him that she could only dream of.
6. And because he is a male
Pat

Post by Pat »

Megaman wrote:you can be racist against Americans.
So are you talking about Canadians, people from the USA, Mexicans, Anguillans, Antiguans, Barbudans, Arubans, Bahamans, Barbadons, Virgin and Cayman Islanders, Cubans, Dominican and Dominican Republicans, Grenadans, Guadeloupeans, Haitians, Jamaicans, people from Martinique and Monserrat, people from Navassa Island, Peurto Ricans, people from Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad, Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaraguans, Panamanians, Bermuda (UK), Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, Greenlanders, Argentinians, Chileans, Uruguayans, Brazillians, Colombians, Venezuelans, people from Peru or Suriname, Guyana, Paraguay or Guyana, Ecuador and Bolivia?

Or do you just conveniently ignore all those other countries and think America = USA?
Ambrose Burnside

Pat wrote:
Megaman wrote:you can be racist against Americans.
So are you talking about Canadians, people from the USA, Mexicans, Anguillans, Antiguans, Barbudans, Arubans, Bahamans, Barbadons, Virgin and Cayman Islanders, Cubans, Dominican and Dominican Republicans, Grenadans, Guadeloupeans, Haitians, Jamaicans, people from Martinique and Monserrat, people from Navassa Island, Peurto Ricans, people from Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad, Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaraguans, Panamanians, Bermuda (UK), Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, Greenlanders, Argentinians, Chileans, Uruguayans, Brazillians, Colombians, Venezuelans, people from Peru or Suriname, Guyana, Paraguay or Guyana, Ecuador and Bolivia?
That's just retarded.
Pat wrote:Or do you just conveniently ignore all those other countries and think America = USA?
American = Yank = Someone from the USA

And I'm sure the southern rednecks don't appreciate being called a Yank but who cares?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Pat

Post by Pat »

No, retarded is not acknowledging the stupidity of the definition and the current arguement sprouted from Elf's comment. It's again about people in general being overly sensitive in context of race. Then again, I guess this debate was always going to go downhill when a counter-culture movement was likened to the holocaust :rolleyes:
Ambrose Burnside

Pat wrote:No, retarded is not acknowledging the stupidity of the definition and the current arguement sprouted from Elf's comment. It's again about people in general being overly sensitive in context of race. Then again, I guess this debate was always going to go downhill when a counter-culture movement was likened to the holocaust :rolleyes:
People are overly sensitive about everything. You got upset about a comment by GERMAINE GREER for Christ's sake :lol:

:P
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yes, but she's a stupid bitch.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'm not bothered at all by Germaine's comments.

Still I'd love to set up a site called GermaineGreerisacunt dot com.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

man, she's female with an opinion...
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Can't have that shit...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Something must be done.

No really, she's fucked in the head. Steve Irwin has kids and a wife going through the worst moments of their life and she's basically saying 'good, serves you right!'

This proves feminists are fucked in the head. I'd love to protest outside her house with a sign saying 'Cook my dinner!'
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Pat wrote:Yes, but she's a stupid bitch.
Someone remind me again, why it's ok to be racist against women?

(edit: grumble, why is the "Disable BBCode in this post" box always ticked?)
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

yeah, for all this whinging about 'racism,' sexism seems to be just dandy
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Because most feminists aren't looking for equal treatment, they're looking to settle the score for everything before the seventies. Go ask a feminist what they think about campaigning Violence Against Men commercials.
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

Scullibundo wrote:Because most feminists aren't looking for equal treatment, they're looking to settle the score for everything before the seventies. Go ask a feminist what they think about campaigning Violence Against Men commercials.
Well said bro!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah, I'm not actually sexist. Out in reality I treat girls too well for my own good. But I just want to be ridiculously sexist towards this slag.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Sculli, don't mistake all feminists for man haters okay. The problem is, you are looking at the nutbar extremists and not the actual feminists who are doing good things for women.

Maybe we need some maninists to stand up for mens rights.