New Star Wars OT DVDs

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

New Star Wars OT DVDs

Post by Megaman »

Any other suckers buying these? They come out September 13, same day as Lego Star Wars 2, ~$20 each so you'll be up for at least $120 if you buy all three and the game.

This guy has already got his.

Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

I thought people were kicking up a stink about how they weren't ever going to release the original (unedited) ones... or was that they weren't going to release the anamorphic ones? I forget :(

I'll definitely be hiring them though!
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Oh yeah, is it anamorphic or what? Because if it's not, then count me out. Probably.

Edit: yep, according to that DVD packaging, it's fucking 4:3. You. Have. To. Be. Kidding. So we lose almost half the resolution? AWESOME.

Oh and it's also only stereo... wtf is going on?
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Apparently George reckons he lost the masters, so these are like copied from laser disc or something.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Yeah they look like they're taken from the laser disc transfer. I reckon they still have the original master. Problem is the condition of the film has deteriated substantially, so years ago they took a new high def digitial transfer of the films and frame by frame they corrected/fixed all the deteriation that occured to the original film stock. This process is very expensive and time consuming. But the new digital transfer master they created had all the digital changes made to it that a lot of people hate.

If you want the best picture/sound stick the current versions that were released and live with greedo shooting first. :)
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

4:3? Shitty quality?

Made keeping my current versions a bit easier. I can live with the few minor changes.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Actually the latest release of the trilogy they tried to fix the Han Greedo shooting scene and have them fire at almost the same time. It still makes Greedo look like a pathetic loser though. I am a deadly bounty hunter, I can't shoot some one less then 3 feet away from me.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

GreyWizzard wrote:Actually the latest release of the trilogy they tried to fix the Han Greedo shooting scene and have them fire at almost the same time. It still makes Greedo look like a pathetic loser though. I am a deadly bounty hunter, I can't shoot some one less then 3 feet away from me.
We all know han was using a speed/lag hack, the whole scene looks so dodgey, it's obvious was teh hacking. :lol: