A blast from the past

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Symbiote wrote:
AgOnNy wrote:All I can really say, is what took place at the time at PlayNOW resulted in a much better forum here at The Games Ranch.
Yeh i mean it seems pretty much the same. Can I nominate WoW for the 2009 goty pol?
If not, by all means feel free to leave (no need for us to kick you out for not agreeing with people).
No need to threaten me.
No threat there at all princess and feel free to vote whatever you like.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Symbiote seems like a fitting name for this person. He obviously needs us in order to survive.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

But we don't need him, so I think parasite is more fitting.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You're right, mods?
Symbiote

Post by Symbiote »

Yeh if ilce did it to you you would probably run off to a different forum like a baby
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

pfft modding this thread is the last thing anyone needs

what happened to that write up seraph did years ago about it all? that was gold. does anyone remember the wikipedia edit wars? great stuff. not to mentil dj fusion's ability to be 'tech savvy'
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

and symbiote, there wasn't much running, ilce was banning folk left right and centre - people got banned for mentioning this place even. you dickhead.
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

it must by him, and it still hurts :)
lexo

Post by lexo »

That has to be Ilce, no one would suck up like this to him..
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

When I said 'mods?', I meant it as in change his name, not to ban him.

I didn't run to another forum either, I was banned for asking why a WoW thread was stickied in the general games forum. It's not my fault Ilce was a deluded, unstable fuck.

I do pity him though.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

jizzlobber wrote:smoke my pole ilce for +10 Vitality :lol:
Fixed. :t0mby:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

It was a tragic story about power corrupting absolutely and the quest to gain more power resulting in madness.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

wow, you guys should write a summary of these events for members who weren't around at the time, perhaps Sculli could animate it.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Symbiote wrote:Yeh if ilce did it to you you would probably run off to a different forum like a baby
lmao!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I got banned because I spoke out against WoW being even nominated for GoTY over a year after it was released, and for wanting the WoW discussion kept to the WoW subforums. I didn't even have an XBox!
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Act liek a dickhaed and you'll be treated like a dickhead.
Symbiote

Post by Symbiote »

unfnknblvbl wrote:I got banned because I spoke out against WoW being even nominated for GoTY over a year after it was released, and for wanting the WoW discussion kept to the WoW subforums. I didn't even have an XBox!
To me this seemed like the kind of thing that pissed ilce off, am I wrong?

I still don't really get why people cared at the time if a couple of WoW threads hit the general gaming forums or if it won GOTY? It seemed like just deliberate shit stirring but maybe you had a good reason for it we never heard?

And yeh unfnk u never had a xbox but you were always big on the PN IRC channel which is where I assume a lot of the behind the scenes discussion occured?

BTW I am a lot like Benjamin in Lost.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

this guy knows a little too much to be one of the WoW newbs.

Semon Hunter sticks a wow video or some shit in general discussion, of course people are going to say something!

PN would still be here if it was left at that, but the snoz on legs went and deleted long standing accounts.

it worked out in the end, we made out own sweet forum with no ilce... and PN became a dedicated WoW forum.
everyone is happy!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I got banned because it was assumed I had spoken to others planning this forum. I had, but thats not the point.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

:lol: benjamin from lost. Jesus christ. Definitely ilce. He's loony.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Scullibundo wrote:I got banned because it was assumed I had spoken to others planning this forum. I had, but thats not the point.
I was still a mod at PN while still being admin here. Cardsy and I were banned on the same day(a week or two after the exodus) for openly linking directly to this site. Pat was banned for posting Tubgirl. We were probably the only three banned who actually deserved it.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

jizzlobber wrote:this guy knows a little too much to be one of the WoW newbs.

Semon Hunter sticks a wow video or some shit in general discussion, of course people are going to say something!

PN would still be here if it was left at that, but the snoz on legs went and deleted long standing accounts.

it worked out in the end, we made out own sweet forum with no ilce... and PN became a dedicated WoW forum.
everyone is happy!
Funny thing is this place was never intended initially to be a playnow forum replacement. It was just a refuge for xbl members unfairly banned and a place for TC to chat in. It was probably the over reaction of admins on playnow that turned this place into what is now. The more out of the control they got, the more empowered and determined we became to ensure our freedom.
lexo

Post by lexo »

Well Ilce banned almost every non-WoW playing poster who actually contributed anything. The forum sat there the way it was for ages, it's just no one posted anything non-WoW related.

Then Ilce raged out mid raid one night and ninja transferred, quitting the guild etc but still used the forums for his power trip fix, banning guild players from the forums for talking about what happened, taking away private forum access from the remaining guild admins/officers.

Then yeah, I guess he deleted the forums after they all just went and made their own forums too :lol:
Symbiote

Post by Symbiote »

Lexo sorry to be rude but I think you have no idea what you are talking about.

Ilce handed of guild leadership to glaser. Glaser had ownership of forums (for a long, long time) before this. It was up to him whether to maintain the forums or not, but he dropped them mostly because they were dead.

A lot of the guild moved on, but it was no longer really a PN guild. Lot of americans, lot of wankers.

The decision for the guild to move on was based on the fact the server we played on was dead when it came to Aussie players.

There were once a dozen decent Aussie guilds. PlayNOW was the last one remaining on the server. It absorbed the remaining aussies, but there was no fighting fate. Blizzard had at some point created dedicated AUstralian servers - PN guild predated that. There was simply not enough Aussie playerbase left to form a decent guild.

IMO that's the main thing that set this in motion.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

YOUR OPINION IS WRONG.

May I ask why you keep questioning the validity of everybody who gives you the answers you asked for? This must be a joke account or ilce.

What I would really love is if it turned out to be Pat.