Going to the States

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Oh nooo, don't start raping my thread with charts!!! :lol:
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Blame lestat and GW :P
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Holy shit, is there a reality check coming for you Mech. Sometime within the next six months.

And I'm not happy about it either if it's any consolation. I believe in the *American way of life, but this standard of livings days are numbered.
I love the denial going on in Obamazoids minds.
mech

Post by mech »

Funny, for some reason I don't trust your judgment in this matter...? Also we're not talking about where the economy is in 6 months - we're talking where the US is right now in terms of infrastructure. And yes some of it lags behind, but thinking it's particularly worse than previously or particularly worse than Australia's is misguided imo. Everyone likes to feel smug like they're better than the US, which lestat's indulging himself in right now.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

I just scored an awesome Suite in San Fran. A couple of blocks down from Union Square and next to the shopping district. I noticed there's a Gamestop just down the street... maybe I'll get my PS3 'slim' from there.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Venice Beach is a dive, avoid like the plague (or you will get the plague).

Not sure why Dallas was recommended, if JFK wasn't shot there the city would have nothing going for it.
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER
XBL ID: Pre-baked
PSN ID: 40% Better

Post by BigSwingingUdders »

westical wrote:
Not sure why Dallas was recommended, if JFK wasn't shot there the city would have nothing going for it.
People and food are great in Texas. Best steaks and ribs I have ever eaten were there. The people are great, had no issues having a beer in bars and end up drinking with randoms and having a really good time.

Then again, this was after i visited LA and Vegas, both places are full of cunts and tragic cuisine.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

At Sydney airport now awaiting boarding. Will try and jump on the site when i get a chance. Have fun kiddies and play nice :)
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER

Have fun fanboi! First thing you need to do is grab a brekky burito! You'll come back 10kg heavier :D
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Fuck..so full right now. Grabbed a pastrami, corned beef, mustard on rye.... I was not ready for the sheer size of the thing. It easily stood 20cm high and thats 19cm of meat!! In saying that though... I only just got half finished and was fucked.

First stop from Sydney was LA. Had my first McGriddle, so good. Got to NYC around 5pm and had a nice ride in the taxi in to Manhattan. Still hasn't registered that I'm actually here though, looking around tomorrow so it should.

Times Square has such an awesome atmosphere to it at night. Midnight and the place is still chockers. Gonna get some sleep now, big day ahead!
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Fuck..so full right now. Grabbed a pastrami, corned beef, mustard on rye.... I was not ready for the sheer size of the thing. It easily stood 20cm high and thats 19cm of meat!! In saying that though... I only just got half finished and was fucked.

First stop from Sydney was LA. Had my first McGriddle, so good. Got to NYC around 5pm and had a nice ride in the taxi in to Manhattan. Still hasn't registered that I'm actually here though, looking around tomorrow so it should.

Times Square has such an awesome atmosphere to it at night. Midnight and the place is still chockers. Gonna get some sleep now, big day ahead!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

You got get pics going too many. Keep the posts coming.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Well, left New York just under an hour ago and flying over Minnesota (i think) right now. Plane has free wifi for today, surfing the net on my Nokia N97, whilst the girlfriend plays Nintendogs on the DS, so funny with her yelling out on the plane at the dog :lol:

NYC was pretty damn good. Taken quite a few pics but on my DSLR, so won't get them off till I get back home. Amazed at all the deli/gocery stores in NYC.. I was expecting a lot more junk food to be around, heaps of places with healthy, organic and sustainable products.

The Best Western President at Times Square was pretty good (thanks for the rec Sculli) and so close to everything. We woke up after the 2nd night and waled into a flooded bathroom! They moved us to another room, we weren't really that happy with the new room and felt like it was a downgrade. Mentioned it to the desk chick Tricia and she moved us to a much better room straight away. She was very good about it all, so I made sure she got a nice tip and a Tim Tam (she' now addicted!).

Getting around was easy and very quick with the subway, but still walked a lot and feet are killing me haha. A few thoughts re NYC:
- The MET was the best museum, just awesome! Guggenheim and American Museum of Ntaural History was a little underwhelming.
- The grand heli tour with Zip was great.
- Bronx Zoo is very average. A 'nice' 2 block walk through a seedy area to get there from the closest station and they will piss you off with the way they have Australian birds (Tawny Frog Mouths & a Kookaburra) in the Aquatic Bird area, housed in little glass cases.....
- Food is BIG, be prepared and be hungry
- People can be quite blunt, bordering on rude (Sydney can be similar but not as direct)
- A Slice of Brooklyn Tour is a must!!! Pizzas you try are some of the best you'll ever have and such a fun time
- Get a city pass and unlimted met
rocard. Saves so much money and covers most major attractions
- Go to Harlem and hit up Amy Ruth's for chicken & waffles. Just make sure get off the subway on Malcolm X Bvd, not 116th street a few blocks west as we did. It was 9pm, the only whites for 3 blocks and dressed to go out...... They must have thought we had some big bloody balls or obvioulsy tourists..... By the way, the chicken was amazing!
- Get a sandwich from Katz Deli or Carnegie Deli. You will not be dissapointed.

Anyhow, damn tired and a few hours left on the flight. Gonna get some sleep so I have the energy for Santa Monica tonight!
mech

Post by mech »

AgOnNy wrote:I was expecting a lot more junk food to be around, heaps of places with healthy, organic and sustainable products.
don't believe the games ranch hype :D Plenty of good healthy food in the US if you want it... when I was in NY I basically ate at Delis the whole time, would go down every morning and get a bagel and some fresh fruit (which was always free for some reason!) for breakfast, yuuuum, and reasonably healthy too (as long as you didn't eat all the cream cheese).

Also was a big fan of the hot dog street vendors... although they weren't amazing (but were tasty), it was awesome living the cliche from the movies.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Chili Cheese Dog from Pink's Hot Dogs.............. ppphhhhwwwooooaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!!!

Anyhow, off to the OC today. Oh yeah, fuck it rocks cruising around in a Mustang convertible :up:
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Got back to LA from Vegas today. Had a fun time, hit up Hot n Juicy Crawfish and had Hash House A Go Go for breakfast. Just cameback from dinner at El Tepeyac and survived the drive to get donuts from Randy's.

Magic Mountain tomorrow :up:
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Didn't go to the NASCAR place? Seeing as you are basically stalking Adam I thought that would have been a no-brainer... :P
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Nah, not enough time! So many great looking girls around in the US. My girl keeps getting the shits when some start giving me attention :lol:
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Mate i think you need to pull the tickets off yourself :lol:
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

I need to pull myself off? :P
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER

Your old lady's minge isn't that bad is it?
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Nah, all good. Head to San Fran in a few hours. Cant wait.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Thank god for San Fran :up:
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »