Guitar tour mania!

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Guitar tour mania!

Post by BOOMY »

Okay first up we got Zakk wylde on his way in about 3 weeks. I gotta stop wasting time and get my ticket already. $62 http://eventfeed.eventshop.com.au/publi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... temid=4207

Secondly we have Yngwie Malmsteen in november. $60 http://eventfeed.eventshop.com.au/publi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... temid=4285

Finally the Vai - Satch - Petrucci G3 tour is coming to australia in december!!!. Tickets apparently went on sale today but I can't find a price. Considering its at the entertainment centre rather than thebby like the others I am expecting a good $100 tag. Does anyone know the price for it? http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=G306" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THE virtuoso team is coming, I simply cannot miss any of these shows and having them all so close to eachother is going to make it hard to afford all 3. G3 is unfortunately looking like the one that will be missed, but at least wylde and malmsteen are about the only other 2 dudes worthy of joining the G3 tour. When it rains it pours; i can't even think about considering seeing FF, cannibal or lamb of god.
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

Malmsteen date for Nov? i'd be keen for that. as long as it don't clash with the Cat Empire (Nov 30)

and G3....hmmm, depends how much. if i miss it, i will always have Vai, Satch and Petrucci G3 in Tokyo from 05 i think on DVD...
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

G3... I just wanna go for the jam at the end. And in the hope that Satch does Mystical Potato Head live. Doubt it tho.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

WOOO! I saw BLS tonight (in adelaide, duh) at thebarton theatre. Zakk is amazing, he was fucken blitzin' then keeps playing at the in human level behind his head and then some more legato kinda shit with his teeth. So many tricks I've had described to me I saw in the flesh; his right hand crossed over as he trills with his left hand, playing from above(rather than below) the fret board and just in general his crazy picking. When he is picking at like john mclaughlin speed and like u just see the pick hanging on for dear life.I went with my missus, got up in the mosh for while cuz sitting in the seats were boring. Glad we did cuz towards the end he played this what seemed like 30 minute solo, his playing is just insane. No one can pick as fast as zakk, and his hand was just moving everywhere, it was like he was moving the guitar was under his legs, then over his head, then playing backwards etc. etc. etc. like its just a regular bodily function he is THE GUY(now that dime is dead r.i.p). Oh speaking of which he playing in this river(dime tribute song) and mentioned dime then a cheesy mention of steve erwin and peter brock. Guy was up there for like 2 hours just going balls out, amazing! absolutely golden rock show, ACDC is one of the only few bands still around that i can think of that produce this kind of 'fuck look at them go' and crowd interaction with just balls out rock show goodness. At the same time, he didnt crap on or anything;just got right down to it and played his shit. Great show, alot of 'excess' jamming and soloing ala hendrix at woodstock or any ACDC show u've seen. Afterwards there was no encore, it seemed to end a bit abrupt but he had been playing for AGES, maybe just cuz he ended with the solo then a song rather than saying goodnight at the song before the big solo. We ran out to the back door, we were first there and hire buses and shit started rocking up but they must have been a decoy by the time the crowd had died off to us and a few other ppl a dude came out and said all the bands left ages ago. Fair nuff, i say but i am just wondering how/when they got out cuz between us and the ppl we met we had all exits covered from 30 seconds after he left. We decided to hit the tracks, the only ppl left were dicks spouting 'we're stay out all night if we have to' and shit. We figured we 'could' go on a wild goose chase trying to find them in the city(dime/vinnie were at crazy horse after pantera, dexter/noodles at fowlers after offspring, soilwork/anthrax/killswitch at enigma after their show) but the missus was tired and wanted to go home.

Thats my night. Fuck zakk is amazing, none of the living(and dead( guitar idols I've seen have produced a show like that. It just felt like fuck this is THE GUY this is van halen, hendrix, dime. I am very psyched to see malmsteen after that show. Perhaps Ill write some better impressions when im a bit more coherent later in the week.
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

fuck, i didn't realise it was on the sat man. I couldn't of gone aywayz coz my missus' sister had a going away thing - she's off to Europe

but yea, sounds like a good show. expected that the dime song was played and interesting that there was mention of Irwin & Brock

How long did the show go for?
How many different axes were played? and any other instruments? ie piano?
I wonder if Malmsteen will be as good? is it this weekend? coz i'd be keen for that. I can imagine him being just as much as a trickster, but with a slight difference in music
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Started with a black BLS logo les paul, then the orange buzz saw les paul, then some piano, then the regular bullseye lespaul then finally bullseye guitar either a vee or dean shape with a floyd rose for the big solo at the end. There might have been one more in there buts what I rememeber. The show was about 2 hours, maybe just short of. BLS came out at 9ish, show ended at 10.50ish.

Malmsteen is in november.