Peter Brock killed in racing accident...

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

saw on the news tonight that they wont be changing the name of the mountain, what about changing it from Bathurst 1000 to the Brock 1000?
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The last Bathrust Brock won is easily my most memorable. 1987. The race featured the local debut of a car that pretty much wrecked the Oz Group A touring car championship in subsequent seasons - the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500. The Texaco Sierras won the race but were disqualified for running an illegal fuel mix. Peter Perfect's VL was deemed the winner. God damn I hated those stinking pommy Sierras.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

didnt brocky drive a sierra at one bathurst??
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Virtually the entire field resorted to driving Sierras as nothing else could compete with them. That is until the Skyline GTRs (Godzilla) came along.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

However it's worth noting Commodores were still a force at Bathurst due to the turbo Sierra's penchant for poor relability. Alan Grice's 1990 attrition victory in a VL Commodore after the slew of Sierras in front of him broke down was especially sweet.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:The last Bathrust Brock won is easily my most memorable. 1987. The race featured the local debut of a car that pretty much wrecked the Oz Group A touring car championship in subsequent seasons - the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500. The Texaco Sierras won the race but were disqualified for running an illegal fuel mix. Peter Perfect's VL was deemed the winner. God damn I hated those stinking pommy Sierras.
First Bathurst I can vividly remember is 1992 when the Godzilla kicked ass and took names. Pissing rain and a huge pile up on Conrod Straight ended the race a few laps early.

R.I.P Brocky.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

There was a saying i got told at a young age "there is no substitute for cubic inches"

I agree...nothing beats the noise, the rumble of a V8....hence why V8 supercars is so popular now...none of that annoying farty noise cars getting around Mt.Bathurst.

Long live the V8!!

I could easily get used to the Brock 1000 :up: