Home Theatre Thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Home Theatre Thread

Post by t0mby »

Mine is actually 5.1.2, dunno where I got 7.2.2 from but still happy with it. Haven't hooked up a sub but managed to make the lounge work in my favour so the home theatre sounds great minus sub that I'm yet to purchase. Plenty of bass from my pair of JBL towers though. Love how I can Chromecast my phone direct and it'll just play the audio for music apps that don't support casting.

Only had one issue and that was for some reason 4k stopped working on the PS4, just couldn't be detected. Tried all my hdmi leads individually direct to TV and was sweet, hooked back up to amp and still only 1080p. Then one day out of the blue it started working again and has since.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Home Theatre Thread

Post by flipswitch »

Does your receiver heat up? Mine gets very hot so I bought the AC Infinity Aircom T10 which sits on top of it. It’s programmed to turn on low speed fan whenever it hits 26 Celsius. I had to lower the shelf to give it some more space as well.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I can't tell. The edging of my cabinet allows a 5mm gap between the amp on the top but there is more space inside past that gap, it's basically like a lip, I just can't get my hand anywhere to feel the amp. But also, we're in Winter so no hot days yet although we've had the fireplace on and been roasting some nights.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

So since my last post I've purchased a Jamo 10" sub which goes really well and on Friday I finally got around to installing some Earthquake CM600 speakers (pic below) which are rated at around 120wrms. Took me the best part of 5hrs to install as I had to make multiple trips into the roof as I took measurements downstairs and having to drag my jigsaw and speaker wires, crimping tools etc, then under the house to run wires into the lounge. First movie I watched from beginning to end was the 4K UMD of A Quiet Place and the sound was phenomenal. Hearing nothing but silence from the fronts and rears during the basement scenes and then footsteps walking across my ceiling blew my mind. Only tried one Atmos supported game so far (I have a couple to try) and that was Cyberpunk 2077. Sounds great, very noticeable in the indoor scenes like nightclubs.

All that hard work paid off, wish I'd installed them a year ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.