All purpose UFC/MMA thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Re: All purpose UFC/MMA thread

Post by Pariah »

i heard if brock wins they gonna get hulk hogan to come feud with him...

:rollin:

to tell the truth i dont hate or like brock but if he wins..watching the meltdowns on youtube will be fucking hilarious
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

It is pretty funny how people hate Lesnar so much. I don't really mind him - he's a complete prick but what would you expect from a shaved gorilla with a rudimentary grasp of speech? I also love how Brock's comments in the lead up to this fight (about how Carwin's win over Mir wasn't that impressive because Brock had already scrambled his eggs) has led to Mir tweeting that he's now motivated to come back to the heavyweights to fight him again (he was thinking of droping down to 205). Sure, why not, you still have some face left...
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Curious to see if Lesnar's training with Couture will give him anything new.
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

AgOnNy wrote:Curious to see if Lesnar's training with Couture will give him anything new.

maybe this?
:P i'm sure Brock got ripped on those 11 minute workouts.... :lol:
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Does that even work?
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

I severely doubt anyone would get 'that' ripped by using it, but for the average person added with a good amount of Cardio i'm sure it would keep ya toned etc...

better than doing nothing I spose....
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Diet rips you up infinitely more than exercise. Staying toned is another way of saying cut, ripped, low bodyfat % etc.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Image Image

Battle of the boofheads - can't wait. And go George! Love the meanie face.

:run:
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Lets go Lesnar
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

WOW!!! That was an awesome PPV! One of the best I've seen, didn't disappoint.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

pilonv1 wrote:BROCK SMASH :bow:
:bow:
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Twit wrote:WOW!!! That was an awesome PPV! One of the best I've seen, didn't disappoint.
I think the WEC PPV was better top to bottom but this was an amazing show. Well worth watching if you didn't see it
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

He got his arse handed to him in the 1st but did brilliant to survive, and then incredibly didn't smash but instead got the choke. And then to top off the weirdness he was almost humble!

George did great but nearly blew it in the last seconds. He's gotta start finishing. And Leben was fantastic. The Bonner v Krystvsvhfgdky fight was good too. Oh, and so was the Lytle / Brown fight.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Awesome PPV. Georgie boy pulls through with a win again (I would think he'll face the winner of Edgar V Penn), Bonnar v Krsytof continued was good, Sexyama v Leben was action packed, Lesnar v Carwin was everything it was cracked up to be. There shouldn't be anymore questions asked of Lesnar from anyone now.

Glad to see Lesnar unify the title.
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

well done by brock to take the ass kicking and last the round...to submit a gassed carwin

carwin really should have picked his punches better on the ground...a lot of his strikes were hitting brocks arms as he was defending for his life...but again huge props to brock for hanging in there

GREAT FUCKING GREAT PPV
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Very very very good show. I thought Lesnar was toast in the first round, super impressive to survive what no one else had and probably would. The instant he took Carwin down in the second round I figured it was Lesnar's match. He's way too good of a wrestler for Carwin to roll with, especially when Lesnar has top position.

Chris Leben deserves props for a great performance on a two week turnaround. Back to Asia for Sexyama.

Finally George Sotiropolis should be lining up against Kenny Florian next imo. Winner gets the belt holder at the time.
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

Candy Arse wrote:Very very very good show. I thought Lesnar was toast in the first round, super impressive to survive what no one else had and probably would. The instant he took Carwin down in the second round I figured it was Lesnar's match. He's way too good of a wrestler for Carwin to roll with, especially when Lesnar has top position.
yep agreed.. I kept thinking to myself in the 1st round if another ref was present would it have been stopped but credit to Rosenthal for letting it go.

Once Brock took him down you could tell Carwin was gassed and there was no coming back....

great fight though. I was expecting it to be a letdown but it delivered.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

I saw this on youtube. (always gets taken down and then reuploaded heh) Brock got very lucky in round 2 imo. That first round he was getting destroyed and trying to run outside the cage for somewhere to hide as E.honda had trapped him. Sometimes you need speed and must sacrifice a bit of accuracy just to keep them in block mode, but if you can't keep up the energy for the long run you will lose your advantage. Good turn around. He almost lost. He did act humble after the fight which was good to see. (his face looked pretty swollen from the punches)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Man was an awesome PPV, I loved it. Fuck I thought George had fucked it at the end, he had dominated til then and I was like fuck no no but I think he was OK he'd rolled and protected himself so he'd have survived and I was like no way is that going to lose him this fight. Sexyama I think will be better after his first go in the Octogan, going to take him a while to adjust I think, didn't seem like his cardio was up to the level that is needed for the UFC so a bit of a wake up here but the guys got guts, more than I thought he had, figured he'd just fall over when they were stuffed but he was a never say die guy as well. I thought Lesnar was toast to but I thought if he survives this onslaught he'll win, looking at the size of his arms he'd have covered up for most of them, that one big elbow got through but I'm not sure much else did, really needed to wait and pick apart his dukes like when he landed the big elbow. Bonnar's fight was fantastic to, the guy is a psycho.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Blotto wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:Very very very good show. I thought Lesnar was toast in the first round, super impressive to survive what no one else had and probably would. The instant he took Carwin down in the second round I figured it was Lesnar's match. He's way too good of a wrestler for Carwin to roll with, especially when Lesnar has top position.
yep agreed.. I kept thinking to myself in the 1st round if another ref was present would it have been stopped but credit to Rosenthal for letting it go.

Once Brock took him down you could tell Carwin was gassed and there was no coming back....

great fight though. I was expecting it to be a letdown but it delivered.
This is true, I was expecting the ref to stop it when I didn't think Lesnar was out just really defending, I think he kicked a few times just in time but yeah imagine like Mazighatti (whoever you spell it) would have called it after 3 punches.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yeah Rosenthal did a great job in that match, that was solid refereeing.

Bonnar's win was really good, he certainly needed it and it sets up the inevitable rubber match with Soszynski.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Bonnar was pretty much gone if he lost, that'd be 4 on the trot?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

The loss before that was due to the headbutt from Krystof so it's not really a loss.

I think he's almost got a job for life based on the TUF finale fight with Griffin
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Wow, main event at UFC 117 was amazing.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD