Kevin11+2 - Rudd's revenge | RIP JuLIAR

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Re: Kevin11+2 - Rudd's revenge | RIP JuLIAR

Post by Twit »

Of all the things we're compelled to do, voting is hardly the one to get upset about. You don't even have to actually vote, just be marked off the roll. The reason you gave was that "there would be less of the kind of people whose vote who is swayed by K Rudd's twitter antics", not FREEEEEEDOM!!! That sounds more like an attempt to exclude the unworthy. The opposite side would like to lower the voting age for the same reason.

I'm glad we all seem to be in agreement that Holden should die though. :)
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Well then that's Coolio Iglesias!
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Group hug guys.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Yeah go on, give's a bit of yer minge.
-------------------------------------
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

What I would hope would come from non compulsory voting is that Rudd would have less opportunity to try stuff like his twitter antics. Maybe I'm wrong and loads of people who went and registered voluntarily would love it.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Holden might have been able to negotiate with their workers to ensure company profits and long term employment. But people are scared of Workchoices. Luckily Labor has protected everyone from Workchoices so greedy non profit companies like Holden can bleed to death. Well done Labor. I drive a Toyota because I hate Australia too and I couldn't live with the idea that the person who built my car has a bigger house than me. And paid leave. And super. And two RDOs a month. And long service leave. And sick leave. And an employee discount. And a boss that earns millions.

I have a dream that one day no Australian car will drive on Australian roads.

But also stop the boats. There are too many cars coming into the country and a lot of them look different to ours. We need to know where these cars are coming from and if they have a legitimate reason for being here.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

The car industry here has been fucked for years and both parties are to blame not just one. Both parties have just thrown tax payers money over and over again at these massive companies thinking it will fix the problem and they will stay. Not one single party has come up with a decent idea which will help the problem. Th demand for Aussie cars has dropped. We have councils, Politicians, government workers/officials, government bureaucrats an endless list of people who drive tax funded free cars and what sort of cars do they drive fucken imports. The amount of cars turned over on a yearly basis that are tax funded would be ridiculous, if all these cars where to be Australian made, that alone would help more than throwing money at massive companies.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

BruceCamblzChin wrote:What I would hope would come from non compulsory voting is that Rudd would have less opportunity to try stuff like his twitter antics. Maybe I'm wrong and loads of people who went and registered voluntarily would love it.
This is why I cocked an eyebrow when the coalition and conservative columnists sneered at Rudd's Instagram feed with Joe H subsequently labelling him Kevin Kardashian. That would all go down a treat with the faithful but what about the millions of swinging young voters who take Instagram selfies and tune into Kim Kardashian?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Millions tune into Kim Kardashian?

Stop the world please. This is my stop.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Twit wrote:
Froggy wrote:Twit, this government wants to keep giving business carbon tax assistance even though they are cancelling the tax so why not expect them to continue to support an industry that would be net tax positive for the country. Holden turns over $5 billion a year and in SA there's 10's of thousands of jobs connected to it, its much bigger than Fords demise.
Holden are in decline. Revenue is down to $4 billion and they made a loss last year of $158 million after being given $73.5 million of taxpayer money. Vehicle production is down, engine production is down, deliveries are down, and they've cut their workforce down to almost the same level as Ford. Every year the taxpayers are expected to keep pouring millions and millions into propping them up. Inefficiency is what's killing them, and chucking more taxpayer money at them doesn't fix the underlying problem. We'd be better off chucking $100 million at re-skilling everyone who works there and propping up other businesses that might have some sort of future. Perhaps they could all get jobs in the renewable energy sector? Kill three birds with one stone - better for the environment, jobs for the workers, and no more fucking Commodores on the road.

I don't really think that, but I'm amazed at the double-standards. You guys are all right wing and libertarian when it suits, but when it hits closer to home you're like everyone else expecting the government to jump in and save the day. I bet you don't have the same qualms about cutting 12,000 inefficient public service jobs. Nevermind all the others who will be affected by the fallout - the people who rely on the services, the other businesses engaged with them, even the peripheral businesses being supported by their spending. Y'know, similar to all those affected by a car maker's demise. Oh well, as long as there's someone left to write the cheques out to Holden.
BruceCamblzChin wrote:I say it coz I'm hopeful that with voluntary voting there would be less of the kind of people whose vote who is swayed by K Rudd's twitter antics.
Right, so basically you would seek to exclude people who don't vote the way you want them to. There's evidence to suggest that compulsory voting results in better representation for the disadvantaged, increased political interest, less influence from wacky fringe groups, and even less disparity in living standards. But fuck all that if the commons don't vote right!

It's telling that you assume anyone voting against your preference must be doing so out of stupidity. Something about a beam and a mote might apply. I wonder if the standards were set sufficiently high to exclude the rabble from these here parts how you'd feel about the concept of deliberate exclusion?

Nazi! :)
wow OK. Holden always declines between models of the Commodore because everyone waits until the new one hence the reduction in output the last year, I would think it would increase and yes I do think that they are inefficient it's blindingly obvious. Public service cuts are nowhere near the same thing. Look I'm usually against industry assistance but at the same time when successive governments have made it harder for a particular industry than sometimes it's fair, I don't agree with the government stepping in when a big company goes down and treating those workers different though ie Ford, Ansett so if Holdens goes down I don't expect any special treatment for their workers. Anyway my original point was that Rudd spent his first incarnation throwing stupid green car projects at the local car companies so I fully expected he'd want to chuck some sort of waste of time scheme at them again to get rid of the issue but now he's too busy propping up the high polluters with government assistance that's not needed anymore but hey the more money to everyone the better right because someone else will pay it off for him later.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Cletus wrote:Millions tune into Kim Kardashian?

Stop the world please. This is my stop.

I 'tune in' to Kim Kardashian. Quite regularly.

Dayyum.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Kevin wants your vote.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Octo-wow!
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Rudd just stopped the boats!
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Waheeey!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

up to a limit of 3k people and no women or children so you know whats gonna start coming on the boats now. Be interesting to have a bit more detail on how he plans to fix the mess that he created, after destroying the car industry yesterday he's had a better day today as he couldn't fuck up the aslyum seeker issue anymore than he already had. I predict if it does have a 3k limit so that when PNG centre is full no other boat arrivals get sent there then the people smugglers will quickly send over a deluge of people to fill PNG so that they can start getting people back to Australia.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I can only imagine the leftie outrage if Abbott had announced this policy, and yet the normally vocal twitter has been very quiet about it. It's pathetic.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Agreed.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The people I follow haven't been quiet at all. Kev's solution is another increment south. 'Fuck off we're full' bumper stickers have never been more applicable.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Precisely.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Froggy wrote: after destroying the car industry yesterday
Really?? The car industry has been fucked for years, and not one party has done anything practical in fixing it. The majority of the cars people get on their tax cuts are frigen imports.

The longer the election streches out, the harder I find who to vote for.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

yep, it should have been allowed to die long ago.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Everyone I know has just been shaking their heads in disappointment regarding Rudd's proposal... with the odd burst of FUCK THIS COUNTRY IS FUCKED. I'd say the reason why things are quiet is due to it being a case of everyone still hates Abbott more.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

People haven't even been quiet. There's a protest in Melbourne right now about it, despite the shitty, shitty weather:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;