Kevin11+2 - Rudd's revenge | RIP JuLIAR

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Kevin11+2 - Rudd's revenge

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The Coalition should head this off at the pass. Labor reinstalls its most electorally popular leader? So too should the Liberal Party.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:The Coalition should head this off at the pass. Labor reinstalls its most electorally popular leader? So too should the Liberal Party.
I would vote for the corpse of Menzies
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I bet my dad 100 bucks Rudd would win the next election.
-------------------------------------
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Without treasurer of the year at the fiscal helm, I fear there is no one else that can get us into surplus.

RIP Swanny. :aussie:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:I think Gillard made some good things happen. I also think she made decisions that less informed people couldn't understand and so they just ragged on her. Abbott was all about doing the ragging and not doing anything but saying NO NO NO and just being a negative fuckwit with no decent policies of his own.

While I found Gillard to sound a bit forced and fake in her speeches... and I disagree with her bullshit on same sex marriage, I am a tad worried about K-Rudd. Will he redeem himself?

Anything is better than Abbott and I will vote in a way that ensures Abbott does not get my vote.
Yeah Gillard was great, I mean she took over the Prime Ministership with 3 key points to her agenda saying this was where labor had lost it's way and spent the next 3 years making them worse. If someone continually comes up with bad ideas I would expect the people sitting opposite, Liberal or Labor to reject those stupid ideas. It seems to be the thing with Labor voters that even the government never got around to this either, understanding that you are the government. Abbott can say no all he wants, he didn't have the power to stop anything going through but everyone carries on like they were still in opposition and attacking his ideas, he was only as relevant as the government allowed him to be. He has become such a strong force and the Liberals so strong because the government keeps acting like an opposition and bringing him into every conversation instead of showing leadership, they just have no idea what they are doing. I hope you look forward to the Kevin Rudd doorstop interviews outside church every Sunday morning, I can only imagine your reaction if it were Abbott doing that.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:The Coalition should head this off at the pass. Labor reinstalls its most electorally popular leader? So too should the Liberal Party.
Except Turnbull isn't electorally popular. Opinion polls on preferred leader of the opposition mean diddly squat. He was a dismal leader who couldn't bring the party with him, he had his chance and blew it.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

itch wrote:I bet my dad 100 bucks Rudd would win the next election.
For clarity, which side of the bet did you take?
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

That Rudd would win the election. He's bulletproof.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

itch wrote:That Rudd would win the election. He's bulletproof.
Yeah so bulletproof his own party knocked him off before he went up against Abbott in the ballot last time because even they thought he was being trounced by big ears. Say bye to that hundy
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

You're underestimating the value of novelty to the average punter. And also Rudd's masterful campaigning skills.

It's a dead cert.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

it's interesting to note that while Abbott & his team took every single opportunity they could over the past three years to suspend standing orders and bring a vote of confidence in Gillard, on the one occasion that he could have done so successfully and bring on the constitutional crisis he so greatly desires, he wimped out. Gutless wonder confirmed.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

What's the point so close to the election? Suddenly all the problems would belong to his government and could work against him.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I'd say for the moral high ground, but he doesn't appear to have any morals...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I thought that about Julia. Still do. Always will.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

You should have just said 'I hate Tony Abbott' and be done with it.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

I hate Tony Abbott.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

BTW, I never cease to be astounded as to how left wing http://www.reddit.com/r/australia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is. It's an absolutely gobsmacking 98% small l liberal bias. Fertile trolling grounds, and good for a laugh.

Never really understood the whole 'reddit is for bigots' angle, if you even dream about saying something conservative you've earned a thousand downvotes.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

righto
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote:it's interesting to note that while Abbott & his team took every single opportunity they could over the past three years to suspend standing orders and bring a vote of confidence in Gillard, on the one occasion that he could have done so successfully and bring on the constitutional crisis he so greatly desires, he wimped out. Gutless wonder confirmed.
Gutless? What would the point have been when everyone already knew it wouldn't succeed as all the independents had already confirmed they would back Rudd and there's all of 2 days left of parliament before the election anyway. If this were a couple of months earlier than it would make sense to have a go to end the farce earlier but it makes no difference now. I would have thought the gutless wonders were all the independents, Greens and Labor MP's threatening to quit or not support the government if they dumped Gillard but not one of them even made a whimper yesterday most probably for the same reason, there was just no point.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Hey guys I just stumbled on a forum called Reading it or read it and it's is fucking amazing. Way better then hear. Intrenesting covnersations, lots of more people and no coloureds aloud.

Whose with me?
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

sounds good cletus but you should makes GR a subforum of it
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Froggy wrote:
unfnknblvbl wrote:it's interesting to note that while Abbott & his team took every single opportunity they could over the past three years to suspend standing orders and bring a vote of confidence in Gillard, on the one occasion that he could have done so successfully and bring on the constitutional crisis he so greatly desires, he wimped out. Gutless wonder confirmed.
Gutless? What would the point have been when everyone already knew it wouldn't succeed as all the independents had already confirmed they would back Rudd and there's all of 2 days left of parliament before the election anyway. If this were a couple of months earlier than it would make sense to have a go to end the farce earlier but it makes no difference now. I would have thought the gutless wonders were all the independents, Greens and Labor MP's threatening to quit or not support the government if they dumped Gillard but not one of them even made a whimper yesterday most probably for the same reason, there was just no point.
If he knew that it wouldn't succeed, then why did the coalition move to suspend standing orders for a vote of no confidence not only on over fifty occasions in the previous three years when it was clear that they did not have the numbers, but at 3pm on the previous day? Not only that, but not all the independents declared support for Rudd - Windsor said he'd support Abbott and Oakeshott said nothing committal either way.
If anything, this was Tony's best possible shot at successfully calling for a vote of no confidence and he didn't take it like the gutless wonder he is.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Windsor and Oakshit wouldn't have switched.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

How hard is it to understand. There was simply no point and all of the independents supported Rudd as per usual all their rhetoric about scrapping their agreements meant sweet fuck all. It made sense the day before to try and lock in Gillard, how hard is it to follow. Yes you hate the bloke we get that but this is not hard to follow.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!