attn: selfish

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

attn: selfish

Post by mech »

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 3F00_.aspx
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

i'm totally sure his choice has NOTHING to do with his employer
someone find me an article about ms leadership being irritated by the use of ipods on "campus"

ok i did it myself
So popular is the iPod, executives are increasingly sending out memos frowning on its use.
"These guys are really quite scared," said the source of Microsoft's management. "It shows how their backs are against the wall.... Even though it's Microsoft, no one is interested in what we have to offer, even our own employees."

So concerned is management, owning an iPod at Microsoft is beginning to become impolitic, the manager said. Employees are hiding their iPods by swapping the telltale white headphones for a less conspicuous pair.

"Some people are a bit concerned about being traitors, not supporting the company," he said. "They're a bit stealth about it."

How "stealth" varies from division to division. At the company's Macintosh Business Unit, which publishes a wide range of software for the Mac, owning an iPod is almost de rigueur.

But at the Windows Digital Media Group, which is charged with software for portable players and the WMA format, using an iPod is not a good career move.

"In the media group they all smoke the company dope on that one," the manager said.
it's from last year, but surely the sentiment is the same, if not intensified, what with the launch of the zune supposed to happen eventually

you can't tell me there are no politics at all in a microsoft employee's decision to use or not to use a word that implies apple have a near monopoly on portable music
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

his podcast goes up on itunes
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

so? ignoring the 80-90%* of people who use it would be stupid.

meanwhile, on wired

"...Apple, of course, has no general objection to proper use of the descriptive term 'podcast' as part of a trademark for goods and services offered in the podcasting field, it cannot allow marks that go beyond this legitimate use and infringe on Apple's rights in POD and IPOD."
calling your company "mypodder" and not expecting it to be a trademark infringement is pretty silly, really

* statistics totally made up
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

He might like peas.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

that's about as sensible an alternate suggestion as i've heard so far, yes