Game of Thrones [TV HBO]

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Re: Game of Thrones [TV HBO]

Post by Megaman »

I really expected to hate it and only watched it to confirm to myself that all the hype was bullshit, but I'm actually enjoying it. Still strugglling to remember who is who though.
Vzzzbx
Bob Brown’s Rainbow Cumrag
XBL ID: Fairlie Arrow
PSN ID: vzbxvzbx
Steam ID: vzbxvzbx

Game of Thrones [TV HBO]

Post by Vzzzbx »

That's my main problem.

'er indoors had no interest in this at all. I had to convince her to give it a go. Now she's hassling me for episode three.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Watching it but cannot see Nicole getting into it at all. Dialogue is like nails down a blackboard and most of the acting is shite. The Tudors was much better than this and that doesn't even feature dragon eggs. I'll keep watching it, but it needs to improve a great deal before I'm sold on it.

Word is I'm supposed to be killed in the next few hours to hide the futher fall of the greenback and to take the attention off Obama's fake birth certificate. I might not see the next episode. I'll escape though.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Liking this show so far. Looking at the book release schedule I'm not holding onto any hopes of actually seeing the story aired to completion.

They'll have enough for 5 seasons by July, which is a long run anyway, but the first book came out in 1996, and the fifth comes out in July. Who knows how long there will be between the last two. Could be another 10 years before the story is finished.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I did like it and I'll continue to watch it but you guys hyped this way too much. Just sayin'.

Second episode was alright, as was the first.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Soooo many boobs in this show.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The King is the biggest cliché I have ever seen. "I just wanted to fuck girls and crack skulls".
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

Talk, talk, talk, talk, boobs, talk, talk boobs, talk talk talk, horse, talk, talk boobs.

If the characters dont grab you then i see how this would be a bore. I love it though. Tyrion (the dwarf) is awesome, i heard he becomes a bit of badass later.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Cletus wrote:The King is the biggest cliché I have ever seen. "I just wanted to fuck girls and crack skulls".
That's why he's the King. That's what everyone would do if they were King. :roll:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Cliché I tells you. Here - "These mysterious woods are known to be unkind on the weary stranger. Worse still there are whispers of old enemies stirring as the great darkness approaches."

Was that dialogue from the show or did I just make that up?
Dj Flextacy
Mr 60FPS
XBL ID: flextacy
PSN ID: flextacy

Post by Dj Flextacy »

I'm really enjoying this show, but they need to show a battle or fight or something... i can see it's building up to one huge fuck of a fight <to quote james woods> but my issue is, if they take too long building up, they'll suffer from what happened with stargate universe, whose first season sucked, but the later of the 2nd season was phenominal.

I want to see the white walkers, i want to see a dragon... and more of that blonde princess's tits, ass and whatever they may give.

Jason Momoa, is excellent in his role, it suits him.. however i dont think Conan suits him, he's not big enough, and there's just something about him thats not conan, it's not his fault, its just yeh...
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I'm pretty sure one of the white walkers was in the very start of the first episode.

As for getting into a battle, I think they're just focusing on the character development as the battle looms near purely because if it just went straight into a battle you wouldn't give two shits about half the characters. I personally am enjoying the character development at the moment.
Megaman wrote:I really expected to hate it and only watched it to confirm to myself that all the hype was bullshit, but I'm actually enjoying it. Still strugglling to remember who is who though.
Easiest way to remember is that all the blonde men in this show are cunts. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah, the white walkers were at the very beginning. What a creepy beginning it was. The Queen be the hottest chick in this.
Dj Flextacy
Mr 60FPS
XBL ID: flextacy
PSN ID: flextacy

Post by Dj Flextacy »

Madmya wrote:Yeah, the white walkers were at the very beginning. What a creepy beginning it was. The Queen be the hottest chick in this.
yeh they were at the beginning in a classic trick to draw viewers, and that was it, they could of had brief flashes to the white walkers running around or spying on the others, brief glimpses so people know what their instore for, but since then it's just been character development and i personally have no issue with that, however if the show keeps its pace it won't last past season 2, a classic example of this is SGU, the first season was entirely character development and setting, and i lost interest but stuck with it, but most people gave up, however season 2 was great, the episodes where they found their future decendants were some of the best stargate eps imo.. but it was too little too late unfortunately, and another show this has happened to was the new V, unlike the old V which was full of action the new V opted to flesh out the characters, and make their fight something you would fight for, and i LOVEEEEDDDDD V but again the casual viewer didnt and now it's been axed which im really pissed off about... also whats with all these new shows having so much sex scenes, true blood started it, then spartacus, Game of Thrones and Camelot are all following, whilst the odd scene is necessary, it seems shows are over doing it simply because they can, or that they think they can draw extra viewers, i know a mate of mine only watched spartacus cos of the sex scenes, and he'd be bored during the rest.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Dj Flextacy wrote:i know a mate of mine only watched spartacus cos of the sex scenes, and he'd be bored during the rest.
Does your mate love the cock cos there is a terrible amount of cock and bumsecks in Spartacus.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

t0mby wrote:
Dj Flextacy wrote:i know a mate of mine only watched spartacus cos of the sex scenes, and he'd be bored during the rest.
Does your mate love the cock cos there is a terrible amount of cock and bumsecks in Spartacus.
He'll definitely like the latest episode. I was wearing headphones and i must say the sound fx was mightily impressive mi-lord. :lol:
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I’ve deliberately avoided reading any hype or these sorts of threads. I’m only watching the series because a guy here at work read the books and reckoned that they’d done a great job casting and it looked promising.

So far though I’ve been thoroughly enjoying it. Pretty damn good production in my opinion, some interesting characters, and hey – can’t go wrong with the odd bit of tit. I also like stories where the characters are more complex than just good / bad, and where the author doesn’t seem to be afraid of knocking off important people every now ‘n then.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

No, my lord Stark!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Actually enjoyed the latest episode. Even started to like the King after he Once Were Warriors'd that brother fucking whore wife of his. Clean yourself up you're a mess woman.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Did you also watch the webrip of episode 7? That was fucking epic, just a shame it wasn't in HD. I got into this a few weeks back and I'm really enjoying it. It just sucks having to wait a week between episodes now, wish I had waited until the first season was complete atleast.
Vzzzbx
Bob Brown’s Rainbow Cumrag
XBL ID: Fairlie Arrow
PSN ID: vzbxvzbx
Steam ID: vzbxvzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Gave up somewhere in episode three. Fantasy soap.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Yeah, in terms of the way it tells its story it's very much a soap, particularly how each episode ends in a 'cliffhanger' which ends up being completely unresolved in the next episode and the many pointless scenes which serve no purpose other than foreshadowing future events.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Holy shit this season was good. Can't wait for the next season.

Last two episodes were especially omfgwtfbbq.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

excellent series with an excellent finale... Autumn next year for season 2?
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

The wait for s2 will be agonising!