Game of Thrones [TV HBO]

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Re: Game of Thrones [TV HBO]

Post by Mavy »

So Arya to kill Danny?

It’s funny. There is a point that you get to where you stop saying ‘It’s only a little burnt, it’s still good...’ way past that now.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

That was shit
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

I was hoping she'd dribble more. Maybe next ep.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I did not expect Varis to be killed off at any point in the story. Sad. I liked Varis
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

That was always going to be happen when he started talking treason within the walls of her castle.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Being a grumpy, cynical old fuck, combined with being disappointed by almost all media these days, combined with my eldest son who has read the spoilers prepping me by saying "you won't be happy", I went in with an accepting attitude to whatever happens.
And you know what, after watching it,

Reasonably satisfying last episode.
Some of the cinematography was really, really fucking excellent.
Spoiler!
The scene where Jon is standing with the dragon - amazing.
The scene where he kills Dany, and Drogon goes OFF - amazing.
Some of the logistical questions though.....again was a little off.
Spoiler!
Where did all these people come from? The Dothraki & Unsullied - seemed like there were more than came to Westeros or were in the Great War.
And the bustling docks at the end.

I'm ok with Bran being the king, but it doesn't really work with his character.
Probably the best episode of season 8.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I has a little laugh at this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Being a grumpy, cynical old fuck, combined with being disappointed by almost all media these days, combined with my eldest son who has read the spoilers prepping me by saying "you won't be happy", I went in with an accepting attitude to whatever happens.
And you know what, after watching it,

Reasonably satisfying last episode.
Some of the cinematography was really, really fucking excellent.
Spoiler!
The scene where Jon is standing with the dragon - amazing.
The scene where he kills Dany, and Drogon goes OFF - amazing.
Some of the logistical questions though.....again was a little off.
Spoiler!
Where did all these people come from? The Dothraki & Unsullied - seemed like there were more than came to Westeros or were in the Great War.
And the bustling docks at the end.

I'm ok with Bran being the king, but it doesn't really work with his character.
Probably the best episode of season 8.
I shall attempt ye answers:

Spoiler!
Yes great scene, I actuall felt this episode like I was at the end of one of my favourite RPGs, end of FF7, Mass Effect etc where you've been so invested and now getting the closure. Both scenes with the dragon were good, I really enjoyed the whole ep and the story arc conclusions. They did well a lot of tension for the first half not sure which was it was gonna go
Spoiler!
Not all of her forces wnet to the battle sot he ones she had holding dragon castle and think she had a bunch down at Casteleigh Rock as well. Then the ships are coz the lesso from the iron islands come to town with her fleet so she was shipping the unsullied off to live in agaarth? where greyworms woman was from as free people so that was all the activity, assuming the dothraki were maybe going home as well on the boats as per the agreement by King with grey worm.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Another cool visual of the last episode
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

That scene above and when Drogon awakens from his slumber beneath the snow. Looked awesome.

Bittersweet ending. There really is no ideal way to finish something like this. Yes, the ending was rushed but it is what it is and I'm kind of ok with it too.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

I like most of us wasn't all that impressed with season 8 but THAT was a great ending. I cried like a bitch at times, not all of it but at times.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I honestly felt next to nothing...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

A dagger was put through my heart tonight.

Unban GameHED.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

I didn't mind how it ended. Subverted expectations a bit. I enjoyed the slowness of it all.

Considering the trainwreck of the last few episodes they kind of pulled it off.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

I really enjoyed Season 8 and really didn't agree with all the backlash but I'm kinda indifferent to the ending. I was hoping it would be something very emotionally powerful. It didn't connect. The only one that really portrayed any emotion was Drogon. Poor little fella.

I think there needed to be something between that and the little time jump they did. Something was missing.

I loved the look on all the nobles faces when they were going around saying I to Bran being King. They get to Sansa and she's like nup, we're staying independent. The look on everyone else's face is 'We could do that? Damn it.'

Was happy with Arya, Was happy with Sansa, was even happy with Bran but not so sure about Jon. I think he deserved better. Though I do want to think that as he was riding off with the wildlings that he finally felt free.

Anyone else think that their offer to the Unsullied to start their own House was probably a major insult to them since none of them can father children?

Also why would Greyworm concede to a King that was just elected in front of him? Seems a bit off. I only take orders from my Queen. I'm a King now! Ok we'll leave but we want Jon Snow to be unhappy forever. End of show.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

He was trapped in king's landing by the northern army.. his only bargaining chip out was jon
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Reka

Post by Reka »

That ending was shit.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Reka.png[/img]
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

There are plenty of shitty ending memes. My favorite was one of Jesus standing at the gates meeting GoT and behind him is Lost and Dexter. Couldn't find it so this'll have to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

One more cos I lost my shit seeing this. :rollin:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Weak stuff. Holes everywhere, loose threads everywhere, a lot of meaningful moments in previous seasons rendered meaningless.

6 seasons of amaze, 2 seasons of meh
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Very disappointing end to the series. Definitely well produced and I'm not overly annoyed with how the characters got to where they were at the end but it was absolutely rushed. Particularly Danys Mad Queen turn and the death of Varys. Seasons 7 and 8 should have been 10 episodes each with the Battle of Winterfell being the last episode of season 7 and all of season 8 being devoted to bringing Cersei down. Way it went down, everything up to the destruction of the Night King was pretty cool and then it looked like the writers ran out of puff and energy to tell a well structured story. I just wish GRRM would get of his arse and finish the series instead of all these TV distractions and tie in books. He isn't the healthiest dude around. Same thing that happened with Robert Jordan, GRRM will die and some hack will have to finish the series.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

I liked season 8 right up until the last episode and really thought the hate for eight was an overreaction. The finale though left me feeling nothing. There was no emotional impact. Not even when Dany was killed. I felt for Drogon but that's not where the emotional connection should be coming from.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Rorschach wrote:I just wish GRRM would get of his arse and finish the series instead of all these TV distractions and tie in books. He isn't the healthiest dude around. Same thing that happened with Robert Jordan, GRRM will die and some hack will have to finish the series.
Wha? Brandon Sanderson did an amazing job closing out Wheel of Time, given the enormity of the task. I would argue that he possibly did a better job than Robert Jordan would have done.
I definitely recommend his "The Stormlight Archive" series. The first book "Way of Kings" is awesome. It's just that his books come out so damn slow. Common issue.
But yeah, GRRM should get to work.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Brian Herbert did a great job replacing his dad on the Dune books.

I don't think GRRM finishes this series. I think someone else does in his absence.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Sanderson is actually one of the faster writers out there, considering his workload and the amount he gets through.

The dumbest part of the finale for me was Jon's banishment, and how they made it stick. It was only to appease Greyworm, right? Greyworm left the country either later that day or the next day. Then they still sent Jon to the Wall anyway, yknow, just 'coz. And why is there still a Night's Watch anyway? For bastards and broken men, apparently. Pretty weak.