Fuck off summer (and winter)

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: Fuck off summer

Post by Froggy »

Been unusually sticky and hot in Adelaide due to the (assuming) the cyclone weather pushing clouds down to us. Horrible Friday night, I was sweating non stop just standing in a beer garden in town, everyone was, us South Aussie's don't get any exposure to this tropical shit and Friday was BAD. I have been hanging out for some rain but I don't think there's any forecast for Adelaide now for nearly 3 weeks, they keep changing the future forecast for rain and then when it gets closer it just turns to the usual summer sunny slightly cloudy. GAHH. I burn in about 2 minutes in the sun so summer fuck off.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Cold, windy and raining here in Melbourne as it has been since summer last year.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I don't know if anyone saw weekend Sunrise where they were blaming the cyclone on global warming but it was a disgrace and I think the saving grace of not have had a normal Adelaide summer so far is that we haven't had all the MSM preaching about global warming even though the hottest year on record is still 1998
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Instead of MSM we just get armchair experts instead.
Geneva, 20 January 2011 (WMO) - The year 2010 ranked as the warmest year on record, together with 2005 and 1998, according to the World Meteorological Organization. Data received by the WMO show no statistically significant difference between global temperatures in 2010, 2005 and 1998.

In 2010, global average temperature was 0.53°C (0.95°F) above the 1961-90 mean. This value is 0.01°C (0.02°F) above the nominal temperature in 2005, and 0.02°C (0.05°F) above 1998. The difference between the three years is less than the margin of uncertainty (± 0.09°C or ± 0.16°F) in comparing the data.

These statistics are based on data sets maintained by the UK Meteorological Office Hadley Centre/Climatic Research Unit (HadCRU), the U.S. National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), and the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).

Arctic sea-ice cover in December 2010 was the lowest on record, with an average monthly extent of 12 million square kilometres, 1.35 million square kilometres below the 1979-2000 average for December. This follows the third-lowest minimum ice extent recorded in September.

“The 2010 data confirm the Earth’s significant long-term warming trend,” said WMO Secretary-General Michel Jarraud. “The ten warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998.”

Over the ten years from 2001 to 2010, global temperatures have averaged 0.46°C (0.83°F) above the 1961-1990 average, and are the highest ever recorded for a 10-year period since the beginning of instrumental climate records. Recent warming has been especially strong in Africa, parts of Asia, and parts of the Arctic, with many subregions registering temperatures 1.2 to 1.4°C (2.2 to 2.5°F) above the long-term average.

2010 was an exceptionally warm year over much of Africa and southern and western Asia, and in Greenland and Arctic Canada, with many parts of these regions having their hottest years on record.

Over land few parts of the world were significantly cooler than average in 2010, the most notable being parts of northern Europe and central and eastern Australia.

December 2010 was exceptionally warm in eastern Canada and Greenland. It was abnormally cold through large parts of northern and western Europe, with monthly mean temperatures as much as 10°C below normal at some locations in Norway and Sweden. Many places in Scandinavia had their coldest December on record. December in Central England was the coldest since 1890. Heavy snowfalls severely disrupted transport in many parts of Europe. It was also colder than average in large parts of the Russian Federation and in the eastern United States, where snow also severely disrupted transport..
http://www.wmo.int/pages/mediacentre/pr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 06_en.html
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

um..

Dataset: Crut3v…

2010 overall; cooler than 2005, 1998.

Dataset: Hadcrut3 from CRU…

2010 overall; cooler than 2005, 1998, equivalent to 2003.

“Met Office” Hadcrut3

(the Met Office also has a database it calls Hadcrut3 which it calculates a different way from CRU)…

No single month broke a record.

2010 overall; cooler than 1998.

Dataset: NOAA…

The NOAA Press Release said 2010 tied with 2005. However, the quoted errors are +/- 0.07 which means that 2010 is statistically equivalent to 09,08,07,06,05,04,03,02,01,98…

Dataset: NasaGiss…

According to NasaGiss 2010 set a record with only two record months.

A NASA Press Release said 2010 tied with 2005 which at a temperature anomaly of 0.63 was 0.01 above 2005. The Press Release went on to say that 1998 was in third place with 09,07,06,03 and 02. However, the reality is that 1998 and the other years are statistically equivalent being spread over a range of 0.03 deg C within the errors of 2010 and 2005. NasaGiss is thus statistically equivalent to no change since 1998…
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Also note that they haven't moved the average forward to the previous 30 years to keep the trend higher.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Hey, you guys want daylight savings.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Not long left now Pilon!
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:rock:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

oooh, I think I can say it now:

Best. Adelaide. Summer. Ever.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Perth's summer has been deplorable. Can't see it ending until June either :(

Summer sucks. Always has, always will. I want to move to Melbourne where global cooling is happening.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Tell me about it. :(

38 today, some big storms and not one of them anywhere near me. Although the large hail can fuck off.
Ambrose Burnside

Were you in Perth a few year's ago when the big hail storm took out large chunks of Kings Park, UWA and numerous suburbs?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Misly
Blackened is the end
XBL ID: Misly

Post by Misly »

Yeah Perth is fucking hot. Work sent me here and the last couple of weeks has been like the harshest days mid summer. They say its the last day of summer...
:rock:
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Were you in Perth a few year's ago when the big hail storm took out large chunks of Kings Park, UWA and numerous suburbs?

March last year you mean?
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Weather for Santa Clara, CA
8°C
Current: Partly Cloudy
Wind: E at 6 mph
Humidity: 68%
Mon 16°C | 4°C
Tue 17°C | 8°C
Wed 14°C | 8°C
Thu 14°C | 5°C
Hi Perth! :thefinger:
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

First day of march and it's going to be 36. FUCK OFF AUTUMN
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Fuck off summer

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Ha have a look at Melbourne right now.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

God bless ducted AC, best 7k i ever spent. :up:
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Ha have a look at Melbourne right now.

Luckily I'm travelling there tomorrow.
Ambrose Burnside

Pat wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:Were you in Perth a few year's ago when the big hail storm took out large chunks of Kings Park, UWA and numerous suburbs?

Last year was it? :lol: Summer drags, seems like it was at least 2 years ago! :)
Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Post by Pariah »

pilonv1 wrote:Was 40degrees at my place at 6pm today.

It's still 32 here now and it's 39 in Western Sydney. At 8pm.

Summer is the worst season :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
Pil i feel the same way...

i fucking love winter...i dont know why but i have always loved winter more than summer..maybe i just enjoy the cold crisp winter air which leaves one feeling as if they have just had a refreshing beverage or maybes its due to the fact that winter is prime season of seeing sexy woman with perky nipples

whatever the case...winter is a magical time of year
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
Pat wrote:

Last year was it? :lol: Summer drags, seems like it was at least 2 years ago! :)
Yeah that one. March 23 I think.

Not only does time drag here, it also doesnt pass. Still feels like the 1980s. :run:
Ambrose Burnside

April starts tomorrow and we're still getting temperatures over 30 :emo:
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

No rain for march either.