Misfits well worth a watch

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Misfits well worth a watch

Post by Cletus »

Ok, three episodes in and I'm loving Rudy. They've picked the perfect replacement for Nathan without a doubt. I think he's hilarious. Might even prove to be more loveable than Nathan. The show is still top notch. Superb.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

This had me in complete hysterics last night. I think I watched this scene about 15 times.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

It totally feels like I'm in this alone now but I'm loving the hell out of this show. I now feel that Rudy is a superb character and I love the interaction between his two selves. We've basically been given two great characters to replace Nathan and it's an excellent trade. Yet Curtis' alter comes across well as a female version of himself rather than a feminine version of himself.

I generally don't bother with hidden text but in this thread I will.

episode 305.
[Click to see hidden content]
Can't believe they let Shaun the probation worker die! He was as much a part of the group as any of them. I thought the time rewind power would definitely have been used as once off for this situation. But no, they buried him. It's still in character though. They've murdered numerous times in the series and covered it up. Shame to see that particular probation worker bite the dust though. Smarmy prick was excellent.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

WHY THE FUCK IS NOBODY HERE WATCHING THIS SEASON!!!!????

Seriously one of the best shows I've watched in years.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I've just put so many shows to the side... This happens to be one of them. But a break in most shows and a week off soon should see me getting back to this.

I feel bad because Fresh Meat also got put on hold. So frigging funny.
Pimpn Drop Bear
No distinct personality

Post by Pimpn Drop Bear »

I've been keeping up to date with this, its fucking awesome!!! Just finished 3x07 and the preview for 3x08 looks absolutely spectacular. Don't mind rudy at all, but would still be happy if they're setting up simon and his girl to go on their vegas trip and bring nathan back. I'm sure we must be near the end of this season.
I'm with you on the probation worker thoughts cletus, I was disappointed when they knocked him off, I always felt like they were building him up to something.
fucken laughed when they *super spoiler for 3x07*
killed the fourth one straight away haha...
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Fuck that made me laugh. And the way Rudy stands there and gives her a lame explanation. Next episode is the season final I think. It does look spectacular. They've got a green light for season 4. The Vegas stuff still has to play out, you're right. But I didn't think Nathan was coming back into the series. Great if he does but the show has survived without him.

I think the latest ep (307) is the only one so far where Rudy's conscience doesn't pop out of him. And you'd think he would with his Cheerleaderphobia.
Pimpn Drop Bear
No distinct personality

ha yeah. Showed my mate the pilot tonight, converted him. Show is also much better while pissed. Line of the season is "Fookin Nazis"
Pimpn Drop Bear
No distinct personality

So about that season three finale......
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yes...and apparently Alisha is not returning for season 4. I thought she was a good character but I don't think it's anywhere near as big a deal as Nathan leaving.

Excellent season over all. Very happy with Rudy. Very happy with the story so far. No complaints at all. Totally looking forward to next season.
Pimpn Drop Bear
No distinct personality

Yeah, ending was a total shock for me but I guess it was gonna happen sooner or later. I can't wait for next season either, really curious whether they keep who's left or spend another season introducing more new characters
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

great ending to a great series imo. Definately keen on the next series and what they will do
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Another crushing blow. Iwan Rheon who plays Simon will also not be returning for season 4. So there you have it. Season 4 will probably keep going and leave Simon and Elisha in a time loop. I'm still totally on board for the next season. Hopefully they can replace them without missing a beat as they did with Nathan. Simon was such an excellent character. When Nathan left I was happy to let the show be about Simon. Hopefully we keep Rudy for a good while. I'd hate to see Kelly go too but I could live with Curtis leaving.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Finally got around to finishing off theseason. It really is one of the best shows around. Yep Rudy is an excellent character.

Will be interesting to see where they take it next season.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Season 4 starts October 28. Will be interesting to see how it copes without Simon, Alisha and Kelly.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Down to one original cast member? They're really determined to run this show into the ground.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Telekinesis... well that's the ultimate power. Final season I'm guessing.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

first ep is up at the regular places :up:
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Is it still good missing most of the original cast?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

doubter
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I still laughed so there's that. The new characters are ok. Similar to the characters they replace. I'm on board. I got what I expected.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

A shame that my least favourite character is the last (original) man standing in the show. Nevertheless, Rudy is now the focus and that's a good thing. I really enjoyed the latest episode. The two new characters fit well and I'm warming to them quickly. Looking forward to Rudy's new third character making an appearance next week. Three of Rudy could only be better than two. I won't mind if they rename Misfits to The Rudies Show.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

And I really would like to mention the soundtrack for each season. They seem to pick some fuckawesome stuff, even the theme song is great.

But in the latest episode They went with a song I'd never heard before but knew almost instantly who was singing.

I present for your listening pleasure, the Great, Harry Nilsson.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

If you're reading this post then I warn you, you should be up to date. If not you're going to read things you wish you didn't. Other than hiding my entire post, I've done my best. But I'm not hiding the post. Be gone or read on.

Curtis. Was always my least favourite character but nevertheless it saddened me to see him end himself. I never read up on my shows so I'm not aware if it was already known that he was leaving but it came as a complete surprise to me. It kind of needed to happen though. He was the last link to the old characters and the old events. His final power was almost as completely useless as Alisha's rape touch "power". The one card the writers have kept in play is that Seth still holds the reverse time power. As long as that actor doesn't go all race hate on a bus driver anything could happen.

I'm not seeing any weakness in the show for losing the entire original cast. I can't think of another show that has done that so successfully outside of long running soaps like Neighbours. And they took fifteen or twenty years to weed out every original. I can't think of a comedy series that has done it. The new characters have grown on me. I like Jess more than I ever liked Alisha. The show certainly misses Kelly but Abby might end up being a worthy replacement. While Finn isn't necessarily an upgrade from Simon, I still like him quite a bit. And Rudy makes the show work like a well greased, sweaty and unwashed machine.

In some ways I think the show is better now than when it first started. I some ways I don't.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Started watching this last night, up to the fouth ep where Curtis changed time so his missus didn´t go to jail. Actually enjoying it so far. Only have the first two seasons though. Looked online to see if the show was still running and was quite surprised to see the season poster only had one familiar face. Curses, didn´t want any spoilers but still, it´s not like I know what has happened so that´s a good thing.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.