The Walking Dead thread - season 4 starts now

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Re: The Walking Dead thread - season 4 starts now

Post by edgecrusher »

bang on
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Juzbuffa wrote:Season 4 of this highly acclaimed, Ranch favourite series starts today. I for one am highly excitement with anticipation of more awesomeness from Rick & the gang :up:
I'm looking forward to another season of you guys bitching about each episode and signing off with 'I am done with this show'.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8Ac ... CE&index=3[/youtube]
Last edited by t0mby on 01 Nov 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

IGN as usual quite liked this episode and gave it an 8.3. They apparently didn't have a problem with the whole drop zombie sequence either:
IGN wrote:Perhaps the best scene in the episode was the straight-up horror sequence in the market. It served up elaborate gore, creative monster entrances, a touch of humor in the form of Michonne’s confrontation with the standee, a near escape from the cold fingers of death, and one brutal dispatching - pretty much all of the ingredients for a fantastic bit of shock theatre. It’s been a minute since an iconic walker has made an appearance in the vein of a Bicycle Girl or a Well Zombie. However, the gut hanging, Wal-Mart zombie ornament may just make it into that lexicon.

Bicycle Girl zombie was the half-zombie in the park that Rick put down in the first episode of season 1. I'd agree that this one was an iconic moment in the show. However, Intestine Chandelier zombie and Well Zombie aren't even in the same class. They were just quickly forgotten, gore for gore sake moments of the week. In fact, Well Zombie was just a ridiculous idea the writers came up with, probably because they had forgotten to actually put a zombie in that weeks episode.

I'm done with this shit...but it gives me something to talk about with Uncle Cletus now that Breaking Bad has finished so I'll keep on watching it.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Okay... I think the shittiness of previous episodes has destroyed any enjoyment of this show.

The cold story line is such a good idea for a zombie universe. The rat feeder is excellent. If I cared about the show and characters I would be loving it. I actually thought that the the episode moved along at a nice pace... but the characters just annoyed the shit out of me and destroyed any real enjoyment I had.

Also what is with Carole (old chick) become an annoying bitch? Oh we got rid f shit characters like Andrea and Lorri so we needed another female for you to hate. You aren't allowed to like women. Sure there is Michonne but she doesn't say much and looks manish. Vasquez let's rock!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

This season at least they are building some tension and things are happening, there's still the fucking annoying as shit stuff like Rick going all farmer Joe and banning guns (what the fuck was the point of that and who would do that in an apocolypse) and also that black chick suddenly getting all weak against zombies I mean fucking really.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

awful
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Oh and Carol has always been fucking annoying, season 2 and her missing daughter and mopeyness say hello straight after season 1 and her abusive husband say hello. She needs to go like Andrea did.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Fuck me.

This episode took exactly twice as long as it should have tonight simply because I had to pause the show and roll my eyes, unpause and continue watching only to find I'd have to pause again for a fresh round of eye rolling.

Herschel has legs now. Just a slight limp. I've always had trouble with the healing abilities of the cast.

The Rick and T-Dog3 confrontation was just bullshit.

Carol fixing the water pipe. Found it hard to swallow that her blade jammed in a zombie's head. Rubbish that she knifes another one about to latch onto Rick. Fuck that they just appear on the far side of the bridge. You know what fuck this episode.

So going to the vet clinic brings our four friends to a sea of zombies. Again, in the middle of nowhere. That was handy for the writers that there was another miraculous wandering herd to impede our chances of getting antibiotics. Otherwise it would have been an easy go get. But there was a sea of zombies. And World War Z had it and Brad Pitt was in it and this show is also about zombies but it hasn't really had a sea of them. But now it has. Now to get Brad Pitt into an episode.

Herschel's speech to Maggie and Rick. Bad

Herschel is told by Doctor S (? we're supposed to know this dude are we?) you shouldn't be here. He tells him that because as a doctor he is concerned for Herschel's welfare as an elder of the group. Then he coughs blood straight into Herschel's face. Just straight into his face. Into his eyes and everything.

I don't hate Carol. In fact I've always kind of liked Carol. As of now I rate her as the best character in the show. You blokes can hate on her if you like. None of the characters are worth defending..but I won't say anything against Carol. She burns people. She teaches children how to aim for the head. She's alright in my book.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

You know Hershel got a prosthetic leg that was found right?

Hang on, just let me roll my eyes.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'm not buying it.
Elite Dangerous -- CMDR GUN
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm sure we watched this weeks ep but I really don't remember it... I may have watched it a few hours ago.

Seriously, a flu virus with no antibiotics in a zombie world is a golden fucking plot. How the fuck do they manage to make it so fucking dull?

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! I HATE THIS SHOW!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

That's the shizzle :up:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

MiNiStRy wrote:

That's the shizzle :up:
This thread summed up in a short video. Thanks Clutes.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Edgecrusher posted that at the top of this page!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

So did I.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Hey I found this video, I think it sums up the show for a lot of us in this
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Stop stealing Cletuseses thunder Froggy. This is his time.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Froggy wrote:Hey I found this video, I think it sums up the show for a lot of us in this
LOL awesome find, Froggy!
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

George A. Romero declines offer to direct episode of Walking Dead, gets derided by TWD/IGN fanboys:
George 'Night of the Living Dead' Romero turned down the offer to direct episodes of The Walking Dead, claiming it was was more "soap opera" than zombie TV show.

“They asked me to do a couple of episodes of The Walking Dead but I didn’t want to be a part of it,” Romero told The Big Issue. “Basically it’s just a soap opera with a zombie occasionally. I always used the zombie as a character for satire or a political criticism and I find that missing in what’s happening now.”

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/11/01/g ... lking-dead

Scroll down the bottom of the page if you want to read the comments.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Heck if I was him I'd turn it down too claiming that I only participate in genuine zombie related products,then boot up COD Zombie mode and then run away from a zombie version if myself.

... I don't know where I was going with that :(
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

What another great episode of... I can't do it. In regards to the zombies they say one thing and do another. Didn't we just narrowly escape a zom.. Walker horde? Sure did let me shoot my gun, they'll never notice it.

In regards to the drama, I'm sure if I had an emotional connection to any of the characters it might be good.

What a waste of my life :(
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

They are so inconsistent with Rick and what he does compared to what other people do. Let's face it, if that was us in a zombie apocolypse
Spoiler!
and you were Carol, you either would have told him to fuck off or shot him. Who the fucks he to tell you whether you can live at the prison or not yet he's happy to go shooting fuckers in bars and stuff and all other manner of shit to protect the group but carol can't, there's no logic in Ricks character for that story progression from the other night.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Why did that girl's leg fall off?

Did it fall off while she was picking fruit and then she dragged herself behind a gate and zombies found her? The scene had me confused. Why couldn't the two strangers kill one zombie but then go and split up?

Why was the vet clinic empty and then suddenly swarming with zombies? I'm phoning in my viewing now so someone tell me how they knew these zombies were infected or diseased? At a glance the group seem to be able to distinguish if a person died from an attack or a virus. So we'll leave...back the way we came, into this closed off dark room with a broken door at one end and a chained door at the other. And there better be zombies at both ends of the room. And everywhere else in the building. And literally everywhere the eye can see just outside the building. Why do the writers insist on placing huge crowds of the undead in places they wouldn't naturally wander to with or without a scant memory of their life. Zombies wouldn't head to a remote prison. They wouldn't all head to a vet research facility. They wouldn't stand about in a huge crowd in an open field in the countryside.

Carol.
I'm a fan of Carol. I like her the most.

Rick.
When does Rick die in the comics? When is that an episode? Rick is the worst character I've ever seen in a show. He fails to come across on every level. I don't like Rick. He's neither a hero or antihero. I can't empathise.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Rick is the main character in the comic and he is fucking boss. I don't need that hand call me stumpy grimes! Sure I know it's not my dead wife on the phone but I'm taking it wherever I go and will use it every chance I get and not tell people because I'm a fucking loon!

The tv series is a complete fail. If they've used the characters just do the comic. What they should have done is made a series based in the universe with new characters who occasionally interact with the comic characters once in a blue moon.