The Walking Dead thread - season 4 starts now

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

The Walking Dead thread - season 4 starts now

Post by Juzbuffa »

Season 2 trailer:
Plus some teaser footage that screened with Breaking Bad:
Looking good :up:
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

van

Re: The Walking Dead season 2 Oct 16

Post by van »

Agreed. Also;

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8943
viewtopic.php?p=304742#p304742
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Fuck Yeah! Cannot wait for this one.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Might be wrong but it looks like that whole 4 minute preview is just episode 201. The first promo for the show last year was all footage from 101.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun

Post by Juzbuffa »

Zombie TV starts again, replaces Breaking Bad.

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

About bloody time too.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun

Post by Juzbuffa »

Episode 1 now up

cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Thanks Juz!
KillKen
lazy
XBL ID: KillKen

Post by KillKen »

Sweet!
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

wikidness!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Just watched it..nfuck that was awesome... Can't remember feeling that uncomfortable watching a TV show... So much tension. It was brilliant.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

EP1 was pretty fucking sweet! Bring on EP2!!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I got roughly five minutes in and wondered why oh why are they driving cars with absolutely no caging bolted to the outside over all the windows. Then I wondered who was allowing old dude to drive that shitheap camper when the world is full of so much new stuff. Then I wondered why did they not see that fucking enormous throng of zombies lurching toward them. Then I wondered why they seem to be so poorly armed when they're in America, Land of the Gun. Dead military everywhere. Guns guns guns. Then I started to think "THEY'RE NOT DOING THIS RIGHT" and then I stopped watching because I started to think it might just be me. I'll try to sit through it again tonight.

This is what shows like Breaking Bad do to television that should be enjoyable.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Yep I feel the same way. I've been LTTP with breaking bad (just about done with season 3) and walking dead was really shithouse in comparison. Besides the obvious survival fails, I just can't like any of the characters. They're all fucken whiny bitches with no likeable quirks about them whatsoever. Some characters need to seriously get reinvented before this becomes another Lost/Heroes soap.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun

Post by Juzbuffa »

I noticed in the opening credits that this episode was written by the bloke that writes the comic. After some serious thinking and discussion with Uncle Cletus, I'd like to thank Robert Kirkman for creating this world and the characters for this TV show. That being said, I think Mr Kirkman should now step aside and let someone else handle the writing for the show because you are fucking rubbish.

There were a couple good moments - some decent zombie kills and a reasonable kill count - but there were some fucking bad ideas though. As Cletus has mentioned previously, them driving around in POS cars with no protection and not being armed to the teeth is just the start.

Lets talk about the traffic jam. It looks like a tanker spill that has blocked the road, maybe a couple cars have actually crashed but most of them are just stopped. Why then are there people who have just died sitting bolt upright in their cars? I can understand it if they had been trapped in their cars by a herd of undead and starved to death rather than becoming zombie chow, but you'd think if they chose that option they would at least lock the doors.

I also dont know why they are trying to portray this world as like a post nuclear wasteland where theres no food, water or fuel. There should be enough supplies in the world to last the survivors about 300 years. Yeah there was probably some looting when then world went to shit initially but for there to be as many zombies as there are would have to mean that it all happened pretty quickly.

I'll still stick with it but I think its going to just become a show where we discuss how bad it is rather than how great it is.

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I sat through it tonight. In a word I'd say it was embarrassing. I was talking to Juz about it and between us we came across holes throughout the episode that are numerous and massive. I'll comment on the good first.

The Good
Some of the zombie effects are superb. The Resident Evilesque zombie in the camper is as good as a zombie should be. The only character "scene" I enjoyed was where Andrea tore Dale a new anus for being a cunt. I think she's the only actor in the show who has actually found something comfortable in the character. She and Daryl (crossbow redneck) are the only characters I like. I'm starting to not hate Shane also. The rest may be devoured by the walking dead as far as I care. Daryl knifing the zombie in the back of the skull is great.

The Bad
As I mentioned in my earlier post, armoured vehicles, weapon up and ditch the bus.
The idea that these people could be running low on anything is hard to understand. The apocalypse wasn't nuclear. Everything is everywhere. Fatting up over bottled water is a nonsense.
I'm taking a stab that the timeline is roughly two months from when the apocalypse occurred to where we are in the story now. Rick was in hospital for a month. He wakes up and finds his wife and kid within a two or three week period. Not too long after they head to the CDC. From that point we seem to pick up almost immediately afterwards. So in less than six weeks, Rick's wife is in a sexual relationship with Shane. Just mentioning she's a dirty, dirty whore, that's all.
No, really, where did that herd come from? Don't say the woods. In one shot we go from one, then two then forty on the road and then double that spread over the whole area.
I remember last season that they smeared themselves in zombie to enable themselves to walk among the dead. You remember, it was the only time it's ever rained in the whole show. Apparently placing a car over the top of you also hides the smell of your fresh fresh brains. Not one zombie picks up the faintest whiff of all of those dirty, sweaty, water deprived meals under wheels.

Zombies only needed to fall over the guard rail in pursuit of Sophia. Like it did down into the stream. I would assume a meal would tend to make a zombie ignore a small roadside barrier. Apparently not.

T-Dog (really...I mean fucking really) slashes open his arm. He runs dripping claret like a negro with a slashed arm (couldn't be bothered with something better, sorry) and apparently all you need to do is toss a dead dead person over you to hide that fresh smell of blood. Apparently a mummified corpse is also sufficient. This brings me to...

The Ugly
The opening dialogue. All of it.
What happened on the road? Juz mentions it above. I'll be brief. A tanker has turned over. Everyone has driven up and stopped. Nobody has left their car or locked themselves in. They have all died peacefully and mummified. Some are armed. None became zombies.

T-Dog (really...I mean fucking really) should have bled to death. Who fixed that shit?

A tent with someone who committed suicide. Ok, maybe the zombies ate the animals that would have eaten that corpse in more normal circumstances. We know they're eating forest animals because they go all Red Dead Redemption on our arses and audibly gut a zombie to prove the fact.

The church is odd. It makes you assume there would be town nearby. It apparently has power. It's had three zombies in there for possibly two months. Just in the middle of the woods.

Rick's prayer. All of it.

----------------------------------

Looking forward to the next episode. :up:
Last edited by Cletus on 20 Oct 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jobbidiar
XBL ID: jobbidiar
PSN ID: jobbidiar
Steam ID: jobbidiar

Post by jobbidiar »

:lol: I have to say I agree with what you posted, one minute the old guy is on the lookout for zombies then out of nowhere a "herd" of them pop up :roll: Why wouldn't you be armed to the teeth with numerous guns so you could blow a shitload of them away?

The little girl annoyed me as well, how the hell could she get lost so easily when he told her to go a certain way......the zombies looked great though I must say, T-Dog's gushing arm was a little ridiculous :lol:

Let's hope as the season progresses it will improve a lot more.
Uncharted 4 GOTY 2015 (unless it's broken like MCC)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'm still in. Hey, I'm still watching Terra Nova. It reminds me of the few times (years ago) that I tried Extacy. These shows are kind of akin to that sicky feeling I remember getting before the drug took off. The downside to these shows is that there is no period of elation.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

Ep 2 is up.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

The signs were there all over season 1 that this show would turn to shit.
Just remember it was your old mate Twiz that told you first.
A great big fat "I told you so!" :P
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Post by Pariah »

yea baby watching two eps tonight

will report back later
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I've read the comics and I know where it's heading... It's hard for me to hate on it when I know how good the places it goes are.

It's like buying a ps3 at launch. Potential.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

I thought Ep2 was great. Better then the first Ep..
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

enjoyed both eps... :) sure this is not the greatest show on tv but not every show needs to be
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Mose Manual shot Carl.