So how about that global warming?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: So how about that global warming?

Post by Froggy »

no it's not that simple. They are adjusted pre 1960s especially the 40s downward sometimes up to 2 degrees or more at some stations and increasing the warming in modern times without any cooling in any areas which is completely improbable.

A good example is the raw data for this station:
https://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gist ... &dt=1&ds=1

Now the adjusted
https://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gist ... dt=1&ds=14

Thus why the GISS dataset is so divergement from reality it's pointless. Any talk of hottest year ever the entire warming is nearly all invented as an add on. Sure we know that they've been mostly slightly warmer then a say 30 year trend on average but that's normal the temperature is never meant to stay the same, there's a reason the graphs always start in late 70's.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Most of the adjustments are simply due to changes over time in how the readings are taken. Eg
The temperature used to be measured with a thermometer in a Cotton Region Shelters in the USA. Nowadays they are mostly made using an Automatic Weather Station. These Automatic Weather Stations on average measure a lower temperature because they heat up less standing in the sun. The difference is especially large for the maximum temperature and for the summer. Comparing old summer maximum temperature with those of today would not be comparing like with like.
https://climatefeedback.org/claimreview ... n-goddard/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

We just need to eat the babies.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Thread post-bump has played out pretty much as expected.

Nice work Pep :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

stanard wrote:Most of the adjustments are simply due to changes over time in how the readings are taken. Eg
The temperature used to be measured with a thermometer in a Cotton Region Shelters in the USA. Nowadays they are mostly made using an Automatic Weather Station. These Automatic Weather Stations on average measure a lower temperature because they heat up less standing in the sun. The difference is especially large for the maximum temperature and for the summer. Comparing old summer maximum temperature with those of today would not be comparing like with like.
https://climatefeedback.org/claimreview ... n-goddard/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So explain why modern ones are revised upwards? Bom just adjusted the summer of 2018 up on the silent. It is a scientific farce.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Twiztid Elf wrote:We just need to eat the babies.
Heh. Turns out this person a plant from a pro-Trump group called the LaRouche movement who announced on Twitter that it was behind the protester. Guess they couldn’t help themselves after it went viral.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I absolutely love AOC. She will be the very reason Trump wins a second term and I think that's great. She's possibly even more toxic than Hillary. And Trump completely understands this and so far has used it well.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Someone said....The Democrats are playing connect 4 while Trump is playing Chess. The Democrats will be the reason Trump wins.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

guttermouth wrote:Someone said....The Democrats are playing connect 4 while Trump is playing Chess. The Democrats will be the reason Trump wins.
Unfortunately this is true. It really makes being a lefty hard at the moment as they are so incompetent in all their messaging. That's not to say that I'm now leaning right, but god the democrats/labour party make it tough to root for them. As for Trump, well the guy is an absolute nitwit. How he is the President is beyond me, but it seems he's the president the USA deserves at this point in time.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Chess is a game of strategy and patience. When does Trump exhibit strategy and patience? Unless the chess analogy extends to the resignations and firings of people explaining Trump the rules and/or the board and pieces needing to be replaced every two moves because Trump knocks the table over.

I prefer Dave Chappelle's analogy. On President Trump: "It's scary to watch. It's like seeing a crack pipe in your Uber driver's passenger seat."
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Actually it's refreshing to see that when someone doesn't get the results in gov and aren't up to it he fucks them off as he would in business. Not like here where we get stuck with say a defence minister out of their depth and everyone realises it for 6 months but get's left there for the next 3 years until an election year shake up etc. Out of all the people who've come and gone with nearly the entire first bunch being suggested to him by the establishment they've all been shit performers no? Maybe you could argue Mattis but he got the job done and then started to get all political and fall into the 2nd trap where the other half hang around the DC echo chamber too much and decide to unilaterally start doing what the swamp always does in DC and then wonder why they get sacked.

The Democrats are bar a few now full blown commies over there now lol. It's amazing to watch the media go down with them especially with the latest impeachment farce, also doubly so when all we've heard from 3 years Trump being in is how he is a fascist dictator but then they go and do exactly what they accuse him of constantly. This attempted whistleblower hit job at no point did one adult stand up and say hey guys if we go down this path it's going to unravel pretty fast, let's try maybe throwing some ideas and policies out there to the public instead? nah let's go with the whistleblower we've setup, she'll be right he'll never release the transcripts.. maybe they are more like the Australian Labor party then I realised where they still can't seem to learn from their mistakes either.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Froggy wrote:Actually it's refreshing to see that when someone doesn't get the results in gov and aren't up to it he fucks them off as he would in business.
Over his years in business he's definitely shown he knows how to fuck people off - staff, contractors, customers, shareholders.

People have their rationale for supporting Trump in that office and that's fine. But there's no way anyone, including Trump's biggest supporters, can begrudge anyone for thinking he's a cunt.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:
Froggy wrote:Actually it's refreshing to see that when someone doesn't get the results in gov and aren't up to it he fucks them off as he would in business.
Over his years in business he's definitely shown he knows how to fuck people off - staff, contractors, customers, shareholders.

People have their rationale for supporting Trump in that office and that's fine. But there's no way anyone, including Trump's biggest supporters, can begrudge anyone for thinking he's a cunt.
You can think he's a cunt all you want but if you can't do the job like most of these swamp dwelling people have constantly managed to prove then he fucks them off. That and the bunch of people who get in and then proceed to think they can do whatever they want because they know best.

He actually for the most part is pretty loved by his staff in business and is known for being across the business, I doubt you'd find a builder who has all happy contractors etc but I reckon he's got more happier than not.

It's amusing to watch the left rapidly spiral towards the totalitarian state they so desperately desire yet perplexing rally against Trump supposedly imposing.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I drive a very small car, and I've always been a windows down person, even here in Qld. I love the windows down.
When I'm driving around, I look at the other 95% of vehicles (usually massive SUV's/4WD's) all with their windows up, I quietly wonder to myself how many of those drivers would lecture me about climate change?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Also.